HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Raz (Psychonauts) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU


  Little Mac
  828
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Raz (Psychonauts) Discussion   Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:23 am

Raz, or Razputin, is the main character in the cult classic Pshychonauts. A game about how Raz, a Psychic Acrobat, rises to the top of a psychic summer camp, by learning about his psychic abilities and saving the kids at camp from the machinations of Coach Oleander.

Razputin:
 

Psychonauts is a cult classic, and a beloved game. It originally came out in 2005 as Double Fine's first game. The game came out for X-Box, PS2, and Windows originally it sold 500,000 copies and floated into the distance. In 2011 it was ported to Steam, it then sold 1,000,000 copies and recently Double Fine is working on a sequel, and according to Tim Schafer it is one of the biggest games they have ever made. Raz is the reason many great games from Double Fine exist, Broken Age, Grim Fandango, etc., and is a great, funny character. His inclusion would be a great way to celebrate the sequel, as well as the character that's game made Double Fine.

Combo: A punch, punch, and Psychic Punch (A large fist punches)
Side: A small acrobatic flip, that kicks an opponent downwards, can spike
Up: Raz kicks upwards
Down: Raz spins downwards, launching opponents towards Raz

Neutral air: Raz does an acrobatic flip
Forward air: Raz kicks forwards
Back air: Raz flips around and then kicks upwards
Up air: Raz Psychic Punches upwards
Down air: Raz slams downwards with a psychic hand that causes a small shockwave

Side Smash: Raz focuses and then does a small kick and then a Psychic Fist
Up Smash: Raz focuses and then leaps upwards an headbutts opponents, opponents on ground get carried upwards when Raz jumps
Down: Raz spins around with a Psychic fist trailing him

Grab: Raz uses Telekinesis, a hand grabs an opponent from close by to almost half of final destination away. He can then throw the opponent towards himself for a Combo starter.
Pummel: The hand slams the opponent downwards

Side Throw: The hand aims towards the direction (Hold grab and then direction to throw, hold to aim)
Up Throw: Hand throws opponent a small distance up, then punches opponent
Down Throw: Hand slams opponent down and then slams down onto opponent

Telekinesis:
 

Neutral Special: (Marksmanship/Confusion) Raz focuses shortly and then launches a psychic bullet of anger, can be charged and turned into a Confusion Grenade, which cause opponents to get stunned.
Marksmanship/Confusion:
 

Down Special: (Invisibility) A long-lasting Counter move, more powerful at start, but can be used for a duration of 5 seconds, when first used the counter is stronger than the actual one used on Raz, but afterwards, is much weaker and more of a small combo starter.
Invisibility:
 

Side Special: (Pyrokinesis) Raz focuses on a nearby opponent, then lights them on fire. Effect last for 3 seconds, damage is continually taken when alight.

Up Special: (Levitation) Raz creates an energy ball and hops on, when on ground it helps him move around faster, when in air a breeze blows him upwards
Levitation:
 

Win Animation: Raz's Taunt In-Game



Final Smash:
Mega Raz:
Warning Final Boss Spoilers Ahead:
 

Supporters:
(Kzinssie)
(Roy)
(VultureDuck)
(Naughty Ottsel)


Last edited by DestinyIntwined on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:05 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU


  Mach Rider
  407
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Raz (Psychonauts) Discussion   Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:33 am

Support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU


  Little Mac
  828
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Raz (Psychonauts) Discussion   Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:40 am

Kzinssie wrote:
Support.

Wait what?? I actually made a character thread in which it gets support starting off?? What is this? The universe is doomed!! Anyway, thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Raz (Psychonauts) Discussion   Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:39 pm

First, let's talk about the moveset.

The neutrals are pretty nice. I like how you incorporated Raz's roots as a circus boy; but, there's a bit too much of generic action then psychic punch. It's a bit bland. Couldn't you incorporate items and abillities more?

Grab is WAAAYY too OP. Like it's downright silly. You shouldn't be able to move nor should the fist have that kinda length.

Now the Specials..

They're just boring, man. The Neutral Special is a generic chargable projectile, the Side Special is basically an edited Din's Fire, the Down Special is literally just a counter. The Up Special is the most original of the bunch I'd say.

Now as for the character..

I like Psychonauts. It's in my Steam library though I've yet to play it much, I've read about the plot, and I respect Double Fine and Psychonauts and am glad it is getting a sequel.

But your entire reasoning is opinion-based.
" Raz needs to smash it up as it would celebrate the sequel, and represent an amazingly, fantastic, gem of a game." Half of this is just how much you like the game and what a 'gem' it is! It's just ridiculous. Is it a cult classic? Yes. But why is that relevant to Smash? What has Raz done for gaming?

I'm not going to say no support just yet. I'll think about it. But you gotta improve the reasoning and moveset.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU


  Little Mac
  828
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Raz (Psychonauts) Discussion   Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:58 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
First, let's talk about the moveset.

The neutrals are pretty nice. I like how you incorporated Raz's roots as a circus boy; but, there's a bit too much of generic action then psychic punch. It's a bit bland. Couldn't you incorporate items and abillities more?

Now I can't argue with the rest (editing it now) the psychic punch bit is part of the actual game, although Raz doesn't do a small combo, he Strikes with a large fist. Most other things besides abilities (Levitation, Pyrokinesis, Confusion, Marksmanship, etc) are made up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Raz (Psychonauts) Discussion   Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:07 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
First, let's talk about the moveset.

The neutrals are pretty nice. I like how you incorporated Raz's roots as a circus boy; but, there's a bit too much of generic action then psychic punch. It's a bit bland. Couldn't you incorporate items and abillities more?

Now I can't argue with the rest (editing it now) the psychic punch bit is part of the actual game, although Raz doesn't do a small combo, he Strikes with a large fist. Most other things besides abilities (Levitation, Pyrokinesis, Confusion, Marksmanship, etc) are made up.
So? It's still bland.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roy
Level 7 CPU


  Mega Man
  1169
  RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Raz (Psychonauts) Discussion   Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:35 pm

I really like Psychonauts, such an amazing platformer. Definitely gotta support him, even without the Nintendo relevence.

As for the moveset... I guess the neutrals are ok, if a bit bland. He does generic punches but he has a lot of extra range due to the psychic fist. Neutral special is pretty much mandatory, as is up special. I imagine side special works like Mewtwo's but applies a burning effect (ala PK Fire), giving him a neat combo starter. I don't like the idea of a counter move... maybe he could just use invisibility during dodges (ala Mewtwo/Palutena). I think Shield might be a better down special, giving him a command spacing move, and it'd make sense that Raz has a counter for projectiles.

The final smash seems a bit too spoilery? It also doesn't seem like something Raz would do himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU


  Little Mac
  828
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Raz (Psychonauts) Discussion   Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:52 am

Roy wrote:
I really like Psychonauts, such an amazing platformer. Definitely gotta support him, even without the Nintendo relevence.

As for the moveset... I guess the neutrals are ok, if a bit bland. He does generic punches but he has a lot of extra range due to the psychic fist. Neutral special is pretty much mandatory, as is up special. I imagine side special works like Mewtwo's but applies a burning effect (ala PK Fire), giving him a neat combo starter. I don't like the idea of a counter move... maybe he could just use invisibility during dodges (ala Mewtwo/Palutena). I think Shield might be a better down special, giving him a command spacing move, and it'd make sense that Raz has a counter for projectiles.

The final smash seems a bit too spoilery? It also doesn't seem like something Raz would do himself.

Oh I completely forgot the

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU


  Ridley
  850

PostSubject: Re: Raz (Psychonauts) Discussion   Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:34 am

I will support Raz becuase I enjoyed Psychonauts, but the moveset need to be a bit more original.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU


  Captain Falcon
  285

PostSubject: Re: Raz (Psychonauts) Discussion   Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:44 pm

Support for Raz based largely on my love for Psychonauts. It may not have much relevance to Smash, but it is renowned as one of the most creative, witty platformers ever, and sparked Double Fine's success. Moveset's passable, I wouldn't say it's awful, but I would prefer a little more originality.

Small note, the game came out for X-Box, ps2, and Windows originally. In 2011 it was ported to Steam, with HD textures. Also, it's Grim Fandango, not El Fandango.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Raz (Psychonauts) Discussion   Today at 1:49 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Raz (Psychonauts) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Apocalypse Discussion
» Skyrim Discussion
» Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion
» Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 3)
» Wrestling Discussion Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Character Discussion :: Unofficial Characters-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com