HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Nonstop Mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  332
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:55 pm

NONSTOP MODE

In this mode you vs a random cpu until you are defeated. Every 5 rounds you will be healed and you have to survive with only one stock.

-RULES-
>[ITEMS] On/Off
>[STAGE] Choose
>[TIME] On/Off
>[FINAL SMASH] Off
>[HEALING] On/Off

-OTHER STUFF-
>2P Co-op- Have a friend join the fun in 2v2 matches! If one player is defeated, they can re-join when the 5 round healing happens. Lets say your friend dies at 120% and you are playing on normal, they will join back with 70% when they re-join at the 5 round healing point.

>Buff Battle- After every round you are rewarded points for completion, and you can buy buffs to make yourself stronger and you opponent(s) get buffs as well the farther you go. How powerful can you get?
Points are earned with bonuses  (EX: Never look back= 5000 or Meteor Smash= x800)

-DIFFICULTY OPTIONS-
>VERY EASY- "This is a walk in the park!": Get healed 100% every 5 rounds. [CPU lvl 1-2]

>EASY- "This is simple enough!": Get healed 75% every 5 rounds. [CPU lvl 3-4]

>NORMAL- "A decent challenge indeed!": Get healed 50% every 5 rounds. [CPU lvl 5-6]

>HARD- "Whoa, take it easy will ya?": Get healed 25% every 5 rounds. [CPU lvl 7-8]

>VERY HARD "PREPARE YOURSELF!": Get healed 10% every 5 rounds. [CPU lvl 9-10]

Well some of you might be asking these questions and more:

Q-Why would we need a mode like this?
A-Not only is this a mode never seen in a smash game, but it's unique in the sense that this can be a competitive and casual game mode.

Q-How could a competitive player benefit from this?
A-This could help a competitive player deal with situations where they have high health for long periods of time making them more efficient at lasting longer.

Sounds easy right? How long can you survive?

-INSPIRATION-
> Super Sonic Knockout/M.U.G.E.N.-Idea for this mode
> Blazblue/Alexander- Buff Battle idea
> TaXMaN- 5 Round Healing suggestion

Well thats all you need to know about this mode. Tell me what you think about it!

-SUPPORTERS-
Kzinssie
Nintensis
Chaotic Chao
DestinyIntwined
Alexander
eris27100
Lego Shaq
OmegaSteve777
thebuddyadrian
desu
HypeConduit
JaegerKrieg
sluigi123
____________
Supporters = 13! Yay


Last edited by King Proto on Tue May 23, 2017 7:45 am; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Mach Rider
  412
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:23 pm

Support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  332
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:30 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
Support.
Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Pac-Man
  638

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:23 pm

It seems like an interesting idea. If time is disabled does that mean KO'ing your opponent will take you to the next round? Also, if a player is KO'd in the 2 player mode does he/she respawn in the next round or after a set time?

I think the healing can be buffed a little especially on the easier difficulties.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  332
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:34 pm

TaXMaN wrote:
It seems like an interesting idea. If time is disabled does that mean KO'ing your opponent will take you to the next round? Also, if a player is KO'd in the 2 player mode does he/she respawn in the next round or after a set time?

I think the healing can be buffed a little especially on the easier difficulties.
Thanks for the feedback dude!

-Without time means that you can take as long as you like, but enabling it adds some challenge by making it to where you need to complete the match in a specific time period.

-If a player is killed in 2P mode they will respawn when you get healed every 5 rounds.

-By how much would you get healed by? I tried to make it not alot of hp but not by too much.

If this still doesn't answer your question I can try again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nintensis
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Tails
  160
  jmf72115

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:39 pm

S-S-S-Support cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXcP_rB2DD03kDVk4qGFgpQ
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  332
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:41 pm

Nintensis wrote:
S-S-S-Support cheers
Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Phoenix Wright
  224
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:02 pm

Come to think of it, it's kind of...weird that Smash doesn't have a survival mode like this. Most fighting games do...but I guess Smash isn't like most fighting games, is it?
At any rate, support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  332
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:28 pm

Chaotic Chao wrote:
Come to think of it, it's kind of...weird that Smash doesn't have a survival mode like this. Most fighting games do...but I guess Smash isn't like most fighting games, is it?
At any rate, support.
Yea I always wanted a mode like this in smash but never got it Sad

Anyway thanks for supporting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Pac-Man
  638

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:18 am

SS_Maeweather wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
It seems like an interesting idea. If time is disabled does that mean KO'ing your opponent will take you to the next round? Also, if a player is KO'd in the 2 player mode does he/she respawn in the next round or after a set time?

I think the healing can be buffed a little especially on the easier difficulties.
Thanks for the feedback dude!

-Without time means that you can take as long as you like, but enabling it adds some challenge by making it to where you need to complete the match in a specific time period.

-If a player is killed in 2P mode they will respawn when you get healed every 5 rounds.

-By how much would you get healed by? I tried to make it not alot of hp but not by too much.

If this still doesn't answer your question I can try again.

I see.

25% isn't all THAT much. It basically equals to one strong hit or a few weaker ones. Here's what I imagined you would get healed by:

Very Easy > 100%
Easy > 75%
Normal > 50%
Hard > 25%
Very Hard > 10%

It's quite drastic changes but you have to remember that this happens every FIVE rounds. I also believe Very Easy should be just that, Very Easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  332
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:06 am

TaXMaN wrote:
SS_Maeweather wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
It seems like an interesting idea. If time is disabled does that mean KO'ing your opponent will take you to the next round? Also, if a player is KO'd in the 2 player mode does he/she respawn in the next round or after a set time?

I think the healing can be buffed a little especially on the easier difficulties.
Thanks for the feedback dude!

-Without time means that you can take as long as you like, but enabling it adds some challenge by making it to where you need to complete the match in a specific time period.

-If a player is killed in 2P mode they will respawn when you get healed every 5 rounds.

-By how much would you get healed by? I tried to make it not alot of hp but not by too much.

If this still doesn't answer your question I can try again.

I see.

25% isn't all THAT much. It basically equals to one strong hit or a few weaker ones. Here's what I imagined you would get healed by:

Very Easy > 100%
Easy > 75%
Normal > 50%
Hard > 25%
Very Hard > 10%

It's quite drastic changes but you have to remember that this happens every FIVE rounds. I also believe Very Easy should be just that, Very Easy.
That's actually a lot better now that you explained it. I'll put your idea in the OP.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Little Mac
  849
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:22 am

Support
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  332
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:15 am

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Support
Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander

avatar

  Pac-Man
  417
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:40 pm

Sounds fun, support.  Also sounds like it should be fairly easy to implement if people should decide to.

Just an idea, in Blazblue on the Vita, you can use points you earn in the endless battle to buy buffs for character.  Perhaps that could be an option?  So the enemies get more buffs as it goes on, but you get to buy yours to keep up.  I'd say that should be an optional sub-mode or whatever, but I think that would add a great new dimension.


EDIT: Oh yeah, support.

_________________
Sprite Team Leader for Super Smash bros Crusade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eris27100
Level 3 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  65
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:05 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq

avatar

  Petey Piranha
  1361

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:45 pm

Sure, support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  332
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:55 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
Sure, support.

eris27100 wrote:
Support

Alexander wrote:
Sounds fun, support.  Also sounds like it should be fairly easy to implement if people should decide to.

Just an idea, in Blazblue on the Vita, you can use points you earn in the endless battle to buy buffs for character.  Perhaps that could be an option?  So the enemies get more buffs as it goes on, but you get to buy yours to keep up.  I'd say that should be an optional sub-mode or whatever, but I think that would add a great new dimension.


EDIT: Oh yeah, support.
Thanks guys, I'll add you to the supporters list! Very Happy

Also, I really like that idea Alex and I will add it to the OP. Thanks for the awesome suggestion dude!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1443

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:48 am

support
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  332
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:15 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
support
Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Mr. Game and Watch
  331
  thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:09 pm

support, but i think the name "survival" mode will be better
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tbagames.wix.com/thebuddyadriangames
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  332
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:28 pm

thebuddyadrian wrote:
support, but i think the name "survival" mode will be better
I guess survival might be a better name for it, but i chose nonstop because im 99.9% sure Super Sonic Knockout is canceled and I used it out of respect for a game I always thought had such great potential.

Anyway thanks for your support! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Pac-Man
  638

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Survival mode sounds like a fitting name but there's one problem, though. The announcer already uses the name survival for stock battles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  332
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:01 pm

I totally forgot about that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander

avatar

  Pac-Man
  417
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:43 pm

Yeah, I'd say survival would be a no-go because it's already associated to something else in Smash.

_________________
Sprite Team Leader for Super Smash bros Crusade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq

avatar

  Petey Piranha
  1361

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:31 pm

Except we could just change the announcer's "Survival" to "Stock". Survival isn't even accurate by now anyway. Well it is but it's barely known as anything but Stock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Phoenix Wright
  224
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:43 pm

Gonna have to agree with Lego...using the term "survival" for stock mode is kind of strange, and it would make more sense for that term to be used for the mode it's associated with in literally every other fighting game. Though I can't say it's something Smash rarely does (what would be called Arcade mode in any other game is called "Classic mode" in Smash, for example...or just 1p mode in SSB64, which makes more sense but is still different at least; and then there's "Free for All!" or "Team Battle" when you choose time matches for some reason, etc). I do agree, though it is debatable I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Mach Rider
  412
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:15 pm

Endless Crusade
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  332
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:24 am

Kzinssie wrote:
Endless Crusade
Isn't that the name of the sub-mode in multi-man crusade where you take on an endless horde of... sprites? (I don't know what their calling it in crusade)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
desu
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Yoshi
  632
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Support, seems cool to get better and stronger. Maybe 3P coop would be cool too, especially if the mode can be played online, you could even do 3 people vs 3 people seeing who can survive more time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  332
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:53 am

desu wrote:
Support, seems cool to get better and stronger. Maybe 3P coop would be cool too, especially if the mode can be played online, you could even do 3 people vs 3 people seeing who can survive more time.
That's not a bad idea, but the reason I said only 2P was because I felt like more would be a little bit too much. Although if more people wanted it, I will defiantly add more players into the OP.

Thanks for your support dude! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   

Back to top Go down
 
Nonstop Mode
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Ninja's Beast mode strategy
» Unlimited Money in Beast Mode
» Full Mode or not?
» Zodic mode
» Window Mode Cursor?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Game Mode Discussion :: Unofficial Game Modes-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Games | Platform games | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum