Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:55 pm

NONSTOP MODE

In this mode it's you in endless 1v1 matches with random CPU's that get harder the further you go and after every 5 rounds you will get healed with only one life.

-RULES-
>No items
>Play on any stage you want
>Enable/Disable time for an extra challenge
>No final smashes
>Enable/Disable healing for an extra challenge

-OTHER STUFF-
>2P Co-op- Play with a friend in 2v2 matches and see how far you can make it. (If one player dies they will re-spawn the next time you heal which is every 5 rounds)
>Buff Battle- After every round you are rewarded points for completion, and you can buy buffs to make yourself stronger and you opponent(s) get buffs as well the farther you go. How powerful can you get?

-DIFFICULTY OPTIONS-
>VERY EASY- The CPU's take an extremely long time to get harder and you get healed 100% every 5 rounds.

>EASY- The CPU's take a long time to get harder and you get healed 75% every 5 rounds.

>NORMAL- The CPU's take an average amount of time to get harder and you get healed 50% every 5 rounds.

>HARD- The CPU's take a short time to get harder and you get healed 25% every 5 rounds.

>VERY HARD- The CPU's take an extremely short time to get harder and you get healed 10% every 5 rounds.

Well some of you might be asking these questions and more:

Q-Why would we need a mode like this?
A-Not only is this a mode never seen in a smash game, but it's unique in the sense that this can be a competitive and casual game mode.

Q-How could a competitive player benefit from this?
A-This could help a competitive player deal with situations where they have high health for long periods of time making them more efficient at playing with high health which also means they can last longer.

Sounds easy right? How long can you survive?

-INSPIRATION-
>Super Sonic Knockout/M.U.G.E.N.-Idea for this mode
> Blazblue/Alexander- Buff Battle idea

Well thats all you need to know about this mode. Tell me what you think about it!

Supporters:
Kzinssie
Nintensis
Chaotic Chao
DestinyIntwined
Alexander
eris27100
Lego Shaq
OmegaSteve777
thebuddyadrian
desu
HypeConduit
JaegerKrieg
sluigi123

Last edited by SS_Maeweather on Sat May 14, 2016 6:00 am; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU

Mach Rider
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:23 pm

Support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:30 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
Support.
Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU

Pac-Man

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:23 pm

It seems like an interesting idea. If time is disabled does that mean KO'ing your opponent will take you to the next round? Also, if a player is KO'd in the 2 player mode does he/she respawn in the next round or after a set time?

I think the healing can be buffed a little especially on the easier difficulties.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:34 pm

TaXMaN wrote:
It seems like an interesting idea. If time is disabled does that mean KO'ing your opponent will take you to the next round? Also, if a player is KO'd in the 2 player mode does he/she respawn in the next round or after a set time?

I think the healing can be buffed a little especially on the easier difficulties.
Thanks for the feedback dude!

-Without time means that you can take as long as you like, but enabling it adds some challenge by making it to where you need to complete the match in a specific time period.

-If a player is killed in 2P mode they will respawn when you get healed every 5 rounds.

-By how much would you get healed by? I tried to make it not alot of hp but not by too much.

If this still doesn't answer your question I can try again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nintensis
Level 4 CPU

Tails
  jmf72115

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:39 pm

S-S-S-Support cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXcP_rB2DD03kDVk4qGFgpQ
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:41 pm

Nintensis wrote:
S-S-S-Support cheers
Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:02 pm

Come to think of it, it's kind of...weird that Smash doesn't have a survival mode like this. Most fighting games do...but I guess Smash isn't like most fighting games, is it?
At any rate, support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:28 pm

Chaotic Chao wrote:
Come to think of it, it's kind of...weird that Smash doesn't have a survival mode like this. Most fighting games do...but I guess Smash isn't like most fighting games, is it?
At any rate, support.
Yea I always wanted a mode like this in smash but never got it Sad

Anyway thanks for supporting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU

Pac-Man

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:18 am

SS_Maeweather wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:

-Without time means that you can take as long as you like, but enabling it adds some challenge by making it to where you need to complete the match in a specific time period.

-If a player is killed in 2P mode they will respawn when you get healed every 5 rounds.

-By how much would you get healed by? I tried to make it not alot of hp but not by too much.

I see.

25% isn't all THAT much. It basically equals to one strong hit or a few weaker ones. Here's what I imagined you would get healed by:

Very Easy > 100%
Easy > 75%
Normal > 50%
Hard > 25%
Very Hard > 10%

It's quite drastic changes but you have to remember that this happens every FIVE rounds. I also believe Very Easy should be just that, Very Easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:06 am

TaXMaN wrote:
SS_Maeweather wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:

I see.

25% isn't all THAT much. It basically equals to one strong hit or a few weaker ones. Here's what I imagined you would get healed by:

Very Easy > 100%
Easy > 75%
Normal > 50%
Hard > 25%
Very Hard > 10%

It's quite drastic changes but you have to remember that this happens every FIVE rounds. I also believe Very Easy should be just that, Very Easy.
That's actually a lot better now that you explained it. I'll put your idea in the OP.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU

Little Mac
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:22 am

Support
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:15 am

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Support
Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander

Pac-Man
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:40 pm

Sounds fun, support.  Also sounds like it should be fairly easy to implement if people should decide to.

Just an idea, in Blazblue on the Vita, you can use points you earn in the endless battle to buy buffs for character.  Perhaps that could be an option?  So the enemies get more buffs as it goes on, but you get to buy yours to keep up.  I'd say that should be an optional sub-mode or whatever, but I think that would add a great new dimension.

EDIT: Oh yeah, support.

eris27100
Level 3 CPU

Knuckles
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:05 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq

Petey Piranha

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:45 pm

Sure, support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:55 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
Sure, support.

eris27100 wrote:
Support

Alexander wrote:
Sounds fun, support.  Also sounds like it should be fairly easy to implement if people should decide to.

Just an idea, in Blazblue on the Vita, you can use points you earn in the endless battle to buy buffs for character.  Perhaps that could be an option?  So the enemies get more buffs as it goes on, but you get to buy yours to keep up.  I'd say that should be an optional sub-mode or whatever, but I think that would add a great new dimension.

EDIT: Oh yeah, support.
Thanks guys, I'll add you to the supporters list! Very Happy

Also, I really like that idea Alex and I will add it to the OP. Thanks for the awesome suggestion dude!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:48 am

support
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:15 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
support
Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU

Mr. Game and Watch
  thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:09 pm

support, but i think the name "survival" mode will be better
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tbagames.wix.com/thebuddyadriangames
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:28 pm

thebuddyadrian wrote:
support, but i think the name "survival" mode will be better
I guess survival might be a better name for it, but i chose nonstop because im 99.9% sure Super Sonic Knockout is canceled and I used it out of respect for a game I always thought had such great potential.

Anyway thanks for your support! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU

Pac-Man

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Survival mode sounds like a fitting name but there's one problem, though. The announcer already uses the name survival for stock battles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:01 pm

I totally forgot about that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander

Pac-Man
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:43 pm

Yeah, I'd say survival would be a no-go because it's already associated to something else in Smash.

Lego Shaq

Petey Piranha

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:31 pm

Except we could just change the announcer's "Survival" to "Stock". Survival isn't even accurate by now anyway. Well it is but it's barely known as anything but Stock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:43 pm

Gonna have to agree with Lego...using the term "survival" for stock mode is kind of strange, and it would make more sense for that term to be used for the mode it's associated with in literally every other fighting game. Though I can't say it's something Smash rarely does (what would be called Arcade mode in any other game is called "Classic mode" in Smash, for example...or just 1p mode in SSB64, which makes more sense but is still different at least; and then there's "Free for All!" or "Team Battle" when you choose time matches for some reason, etc). I do agree, though it is debatable I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU

Mach Rider
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:15 pm

Endless Crusade
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:24 am

Kzinssie wrote:
Endless Crusade
Isn't that the name of the sub-mode in multi-man crusade where you take on an endless horde of... sprites? (I don't know what their calling it in crusade)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
desu
Level 6 CPU

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Support, seems cool to get better and stronger. Maybe 3P coop would be cool too, especially if the mode can be played online, you could even do 3 people vs 3 people seeing who can survive more time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:53 am

desu wrote:
Support, seems cool to get better and stronger. Maybe 3P coop would be cool too, especially if the mode can be played online, you could even do 3 people vs 3 people seeing who can survive more time.
That's not a bad idea, but the reason I said only 2P was because I felt like more would be a little bit too much. Although if more people wanted it, I will defiantly add more players into the OP.

Thanks for your support dude! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nonstop Mode   Today at 1:54 am

Back to top Go down

Nonstop Mode
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next