HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Character Removal for a Practical Roster?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Should some characters be removed from the game?
Yes, remove some characters.
36%
 36% [ 14 ]
No, keep the roster.
59%
 59% [ 23 ]
I decline to comment on the matter.
5%
 5% [ 2 ]
Other
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 39
 

AuthorMessage
Dustination



  Random
  2739
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Xalciss wrote:
and not old enough to be considered a meta reference to a bygone era.
That's exactly what he is as evidenced by the kids in this thread who want Grand Dad

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Xalciss wrote:
Ok I can agree that Weegee needs the boot. He's not fresh enough to be considered funny and not old enough to be considered a meta reference to a bygone era. He's too awkward.

And as I think about it more and more, I really do find the idea of a playable Astro Boy very appealing.

Metal Sonic would be a different choice but the only problem would be the sprites. I haven't seen a single good Metal Sonic sprite ever. Mecha Sonic yes. Metal Sonic? Not at all.
If he had an organic sprite scaled to the size of the Sonic characters in Crusade now, I wouldn't object.

Also I still say Kid Goku would be an awesome alt for Goku. Picture his final smash being a humongous, Giga Boswer-esque Oozaru. I approve!

Lastly, AstroBoi4Crusade
..Which is why we make sprites??

And uh, good luck getting a 4th party in I guess. Also no Weegee is the king of ancient memes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination



  Random
  2739
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:29 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
SageHarpuiaJDJ wrote:
-Shadow. Nothing against Shadow, but I want to see another Sonic character in his place. Dr. Eggman or Blaze would nice.
What about Metal Sonic, though? He's Sonic's most iconic arch-rival (yes, even more iconic than Ow the Edgehog).

That's completely not true though btw

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Xalciss
Level 3 CPU


  76

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:33 pm

Dustination wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
SageHarpuiaJDJ wrote:
-Shadow. Nothing against Shadow, but I want to see another Sonic character in his place. Dr. Eggman or Blaze would nice.
What about Metal Sonic, though? He's Sonic's most iconic arch-rival (yes, even more iconic than Ow the Edgehog).

That's completely not true though btw

^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:27 am

Who appeared as Sonic's rival in the extremely recent Sonic 4 Episode 2, Metal Sonic or Ow the Edgehog?
I'll give you a hint: The less edgy of the two characters got in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ridori
Level 2 CPU


  Ridley
  25

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:26 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Who appeared as Sonic's rival in the extremely recent Sonic 4 Episode 2, Metal Sonic or Ow the Edgehog?
I'll give you a hint: The less edgy of the two characters got in.
You're forgetting about something. Sonic 4 is pretty much first few Sonic games with modern Sonic's stuff like homing attack. Episode 1 is 1 and Episode 2 is basically 2 except not really. Metal Sonic is here because he was in 2. Shadow didn't even exist at that point.
Either way, i don't think Metal Sonic would be that much better than Shadow. He is robot Sonic and that's it. Just getting rid of Shadow would be fine, but that guy isn't among the first characters that would have to go if anyone is going to get cut (Goku and Weegee need to get cut first).
EDIT: just realized that i mistook 2 for CD (where Metal Sonic actually appears). Now i feel dumb. But Sonic 4 is still meant to be like old games.


Last edited by Ridori on Sun May 01, 2016 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmareTSM



  Mario
  113
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:24 am

Xalciss wrote:
Ok I can agree that Weegee needs the boot. He's not fresh enough to be considered funny and not old enough to be considered a meta reference to a bygone era. He's too awkward.
The problem with memes is that they very rarely stand the test of time. Memes are inherently a very shallow form of humor, and I bet that whatever this "Grand Dad" thing is will die soon enough. They definitely need to go. Not at all disagreeing with what you were saying btw, just clarifying that the problem isn't necessarily Weegee, but memes in general lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU


  Mach Rider
  407
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:41 am

I think Weegee's starting to have that nostalgic appeal, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEM



  Geno
  1756
  Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:52 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Who appeared as Sonic's rival in the extremely recent Sonic 4 Episode 2, Metal Sonic or Ow the Edgehog?
I'll give you a hint: The less edgy of the two characters got in.
I'm going to stop taking you seriously now because of this example lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU


  Phoenix Wright
  224
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:55 pm

You know, there's no good reason for Shadow to get cut, so I'm not even sure why people are suggesting it. It's not like he's cockblocking Dr. Eggman and Metal Sonic or something (in fact Eggman is probably MORE likely to get in now that Shadow's in the game, because Eggman's a more important character and a relatively less important character being in the game without him doesn't make sense), and he's the second most popular Sonic character, which is a fact you'll have to accept no matter what you think of him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU


  Knuckles
  304
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:59 pm

Plus we would most likely get another heavy weight character!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sun May 01, 2016 4:48 am

Something to thing about: Metal can be quite a heavy element. Wink
AEM wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Who appeared as Sonic's rival in the extremely recent Sonic 4 Episode 2, Metal Sonic or Ow the Edgehog?
I'll give you a hint: The less edgy of the two characters got in.
I'm going to stop taking you seriously now because of this example lol.
I don't see anything wrong with this example.
A game doesn't have to be good in order to be used as a good example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slissith



  Bowser
  2211
  ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sun May 01, 2016 4:52 am

It was a bad example because, disregarding Sonic 4 Episode 2, Metal Sonic hasn't been Sonic's rival in forever.

_________________
Cobra Bubbles wrote:
Your expectations were too simple and downright stupid.
I mean really? "No character will have their testicles hang out"?
Thanks to you, I had to add two new rules.

VultureDuck wrote:
Crusade is a man's game

Jaklub wrote:
Post count ain't gonna raise itself.

Jaklub wrote:
this count down won't be uploaded to youtube, better enjoy it now.

Lego_Shaq wrote:
please dont think im actually racist

SmashBros._L0ver wrote:
fuck you slissith go to hell Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sun May 01, 2016 10:13 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Something to thing about: Metal can be quite a heavy element. Wink
AEM wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Who appeared as Sonic's rival in the extremely recent Sonic 4 Episode 2, Metal Sonic or Ow the Edgehog?
I'll give you a hint: The less edgy of the two characters got in.
I'm going to stop taking you seriously now because of this example lol.
I don't see anything wrong with this example.
A game doesn't have to be good in order to be used as a good example.
Something to think about: You're advertising your character in a thread about cutting characters
Also something to think about: AEM never stated the game was bad. Look at what Sliss said
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Mon May 02, 2016 12:20 pm

Ah, okay. It seems you guys are thinking I want Shadow to be cut in favor of Metal Sonic.

But worry not, I actually do not want Shadow to be cut, since I do know about Shadow's importance to the history of Sonic games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UcheD914
Level 3 CPU


  Mario
  50
  Nin_Fan914

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Mon May 02, 2016 3:27 pm

I ask a question and it degenerates into this?! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Mon May 02, 2016 11:15 pm

What do you mean, "degenerate"? I don't see anything wrong with this topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEM



  Geno
  1756
  Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue May 03, 2016 2:27 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Something to thing about: Metal can be quite a heavy element. Wink
AEM wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Who appeared as Sonic's rival in the extremely recent Sonic 4 Episode 2, Metal Sonic or Ow the Edgehog?
I'll give you a hint: The less edgy of the two characters got in.
I'm going to stop taking you seriously now because of this example lol.
I don't see anything wrong with this example.
A game doesn't have to be good in order to be used as a good example.
It's a poor example.

That game is four years old, it's hardly "recent". You talk about it like it's a mainstay Sonic game when it's literally an episodic mess that's not even primarily developed by Sonic Team. The last game you should be looking at as a real example is Lost World, which lacks both characters.


The entire basis of your argument seems to stem from character notoriety when Shadow is immensely more popular as a character (I mean he was written back into the canon due to fan demand after he was supposed to die as a one-off character).

Shadow has been acknowledged in thirty-five games, Metal has thirty of those. Metal Sonic has existed for twenty-three years versus Shadow's fifteenth, and he's in five more games despite the eight year gap? I fail to see the increase of notoriety Metal Sonic has over Shadow the Hedgehog, especially since Shadow has the more interesting moveset to offer to the game than what is literally Robot Sonic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU


  Knuckles
  304
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue May 03, 2016 3:49 am

Remember when we were talking about removing characters for a more practical roster? Even though it will most likely never happen...

Good times...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU


  Klonoa
  572
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue May 03, 2016 5:00 am

There aren't too many I would remove. The only 2 that come to mind off the top of my head are Goku (for being 4th Party) and Weegee (for being an Internet Joke). The only one that goes into the "Maybe Remove" category is Gooey; He/She/It seems like a character that only die-hard Kirby fans know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue May 03, 2016 5:31 am

Agreed almost completely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU


  Knuckles
  304
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue May 03, 2016 3:08 pm

Weegee and Goku are actually one of the main reasons I like crusade so much. There characters who would (under normal circumstances) NEVER be in a smash game and it just adds to the game for me. I'm not saying we need more like them, because they are fine in their own right. It also might be because I grew up with YT and loved DBZ ever since I seen it. But I just never understood all the hate for them, and I know some people might say well Weegee is a meme and Goku is from an anime. I get it, two things nobody really wanted. It would really hurt Crusade more than do good if they were removed.

At least that's how I feel about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU


  Klonoa
  572
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue May 03, 2016 3:15 pm

That's fine (I actually don't mind Weegee's moves myself), and the fact that they are here is what helps give Crusade its identity. They also show (to an extent) just how flexible the developers (old or new) can and will be, especially when it comes to giving both regular and strange characters a proper moveset.

Edit: That is part of the reason why so many "Forgotten gems" of characters that, if you remove the Company behind the character, would be perfect for Smash (Sonic characters, for example). That is actually part of the reason why I gave my suggestion for Lilac (because it seems that regular Smash doesn't want indie characters yet)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU


  Mach Rider
  407
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue May 03, 2016 6:16 pm

we need to increase the memes in weegee's moveset to keep him up-to-date

for instance, racist luigi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU


  Gooey
  1318

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue May 03, 2016 7:47 pm

Isn't the point of Weegee is that he's an old meme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU


  Mr. Game and Watch
  314
  thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue May 03, 2016 8:02 pm

Imo weegee should be cut



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tbagames.wix.com/thebuddyadriangames
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU


  Mach Rider
  407
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue May 03, 2016 8:57 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Isn't the point of Weegee is that he's an old meme.

he is the ur-meme

he contains multitudes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination



  Random
  2739
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue May 03, 2016 9:15 pm

Unless there's another global change like there was with ladders and swimming we probably aren't going to touch Weegee's moveset

Especially not to add new-age memes

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU


  Mach Rider
  407
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue May 03, 2016 9:18 pm

alright, fair enough

i feel like constantly updating the memes is a better option than keeping him in 2009 stasis forever but
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xalciss
Level 3 CPU


  76

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Wed May 04, 2016 3:30 pm

If Weegee's Crusade meta references were conceptually inspired by THIS, he has full approval and can stay for as long as he likes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Today at 6:50 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Character Removal for a Practical Roster?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Warmachine Character Jack Updgrade Kits
» move character to another realm - Yes, you can.
» Destiny of the Dreamweaver Character Profiles
» Who is the scariest video game character to meet in real life?
» =[C]=TheCompany Clan Roster

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Character Discussion-
Jump to:  
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum