HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Character Removal for a Practical Roster?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Should some characters be removed from the game?
Yes, remove some characters.
36%
 36% [ 14 ]
No, keep the roster.
59%
 59% [ 23 ]
I decline to comment on the matter.
5%
 5% [ 2 ]
Other
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 39
 

AuthorMessage
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:10 pm

JaegerKrieg wrote:
I'll be honest, if some characters have to go it has to be:

- Goku, because he's an animu/manga character.

- Snivy, because there are much better Pokémon choices, also his/her size is completely off scale, It's ridiculous.

- Gooey, Why he is in the game and Dedede still isn't just baffles me.

- Saki Amamiya, ...Who?

- Pheonix Wright, Utterly atrocious moveset. ( Inb4 git gud. )
Pokesize does not matter lol dude.

Gooey is in because the old devs put him in. Not sure why he needs to go. He and Dedede can easily co-exist.

Just because you don't know Saki, the star of a Nintendo first-party franchise, doesn't mean they need the boot.

I think you do need to get good if you want PHOENIX WRIGHT booted cause "b-but his moveset's bad!" Yeah it's called IMPROVING THE CHARACTER not cutting him.

Are all 5 of those meme characters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU


  Phoenix Wright
  224
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:34 pm

Well Phoenix Wrong and Smugleaf definitely are, dunno about the others
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU


  Mach Rider
  407
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:58 pm

What's the story behind Snivy being in the game, anyway? Was it actually a Smugleaf thing, or did someone on the dev team just really like Snivy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JaegerKrieg
Level 3 CPU


  Random
  66
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:24 am

Kzinssie wrote:
What's the story behind Snivy being in the game, anyway? Was it actually a Smugleaf thing, or did someone on the dev team just really like Snivy?

I would assume they found the sprite board and decided to put Snivy in.

I mean, I believe It's one of the easiest Pokémon sprites to find, I kept running into it when I was trying out MUGEN a while ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU


  Pac-Man
  624

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:27 am

JaegerKrieg wrote:
Kzinssie wrote:
What's the story behind Snivy being in the game, anyway? Was it actually a Smugleaf thing, or did someone on the dev team just really like Snivy?

I would assume they found the sprite board and decided to put Snivy in.

I mean, I believe It's one of the easiest Pokémon sprites to find, I kept running into it when I was trying out MUGEN a while ago.

Snivy is one of the newer characters so no I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:25 am

JaegerKrieg wrote:
Kzinssie wrote:
What's the story behind Snivy being in the game, anyway? Was it actually a Smugleaf thing, or did someone on the dev team just really like Snivy?

I would assume they found the sprite board and decided to put Snivy in.

I mean, I believe It's one of the easiest Pokémon sprites to find, I kept running into it when I was trying out MUGEN a while ago.
The dev team hasn't added characters cause easy sprites for a long time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU


  Snivy
  588

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:49 pm

If I remember correctly , Snivy was added as a way of thanks to one of the developers (or something)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
AmareTSM



  Mario
  113
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:41 pm

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding whether or not Character Removal is possible, so I'm just gonna post something from Project Crusade themselves (This was from an interview by Source Gaming, which you should check out).

"We receive a lot of criticism from people regarding our roster, and who can blame them? It’s no secret there are some very questionable choices there. Our team inherited a majority of the cast from the original developers when the project was nearly abandoned, and they created the game we enjoy today in their own special vision. Some of them haven’t received as much applause as others, and whether or not we will clean them up in the future is currently undecided. From here on out, however, some factors we look at extensively are popularity, Nintendo relevance, and most importantly, innovativeness. We really want Crusade to stand out, and we’re hoping the wide selection of unique characters will keep our fans guessing."

"Whether or not we will clean them up in the future is currently undecided."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination



  Random
  2741
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:44 pm

JaegerKrieg wrote:
Kzinssie wrote:
What's the story behind Snivy being in the game, anyway? Was it actually a Smugleaf thing, or did someone on the dev team just really like Snivy?

I would assume they found the sprite board and decided to put Snivy in.

I mean, I believe It's one of the easiest Pokémon sprites to find, I kept running into it when I was trying out MUGEN a while ago.

Snivy's animations are custom made specifically for this game using his B/W sprite as a base

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Moats
Level 4 CPU


  112

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:56 am

To answer the question, NO!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU


  157
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:09 pm

Ristar and Ridley would also be my personal taste to remove. Honestly if we HAVE to have a fourth party character I'd rather have Sailor Moon over Goku, She's just as iconic. That's just me though.

The roster is much better than SSF2's which is just a 13 year old's 2005 newgrounds wet dream, personally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU


  Gooey
  1318

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:33 pm

I don't see why removing characters would be a good idea. All it would do is remove content from the game, and you gain nothing. It'd be like if Sakurai just removed the Dark Pit and Wii Fit Trainer in the next update for sm4sh. All that'd do is upset the people that enjoy playing as said characters. The only exception I guess would be Snivy (because it would make other Pokemon newcomers chances less awkward such as Zoroark and Grovyle).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:40 pm

Mario123311 wrote:
Ristar and Ridley would also be my personal taste to remove. Honestly if we HAVE to have a fourth party character I'd rather have Sailor Moon over Goku, She's just as iconic. That's just me though.

The roster is much better than SSF2's which is just a 13 year old's 2005 newgrounds wet dream, personally.
Tbh nah SSF2's roster is pretty good, and if you're still in that "B-BUT THE ANIME ADDITIONS" standpoint I can't help you

>removing ridley
We literally got articles because of Ridley's addition

Also tbh Sailor Moon would be instamain
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU


  Little Mac
  830
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:57 pm

I want to wathc Sailor Moon but it's not on Crunchy Roll, so I'm settling for Erased
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU


  157
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:49 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Mario123311 wrote:
Ristar and Ridley would also be my personal taste to remove. Honestly if we HAVE to have a fourth party character I'd rather have Sailor Moon over Goku, She's just as iconic. That's just me though.

The roster is much better than SSF2's which is just a 13 year old's 2005 newgrounds wet dream, personally.
Tbh nah SSF2's roster is pretty good, and if you're still in that "B-BUT THE ANIME ADDITIONS" standpoint I can't help you

>removing ridley
We literally got articles because of Ridley's addition

Also tbh Sailor Moon would be instamain
It's less of the fact that they are just "Anime" but they are uninteresting/boring to me. I'm fine with 4th party characters in a Smash fangames ((as long as they aren't laughable like SpongeBob or Shrek.)) but does Goku HAVE to be in every one? Try something unique: Use Mickey Mouse, Felix the Cat, Astro Boy or some other timeless animated character from either Western or Asian animation.

((SSF2 also just offends me by making Pac-Man an assist trophy... As nothing more than his 8-bit Sprite. Yes, His arcade game is iconic but it's not the ONLY thing that he's iconic for. Pac-Man World in particular is what made me want him in Smash in the first place.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU


  Mach Rider
  407
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:22 pm

there's a bunch of characters in the game i dont really give a shit about (crash, ristar, gooey) but i know they have their fans so they still deserve to stay in even though i can personally take or leave em
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xalciss
Level 3 CPU


  76

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:54 pm

Ridori wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
It has been confirmed that no characters will be removed.

And I'll be honest, the only character that should be removed would be Ristar imo
I'd say Goku should be removed if someone is ever getting removed. He doesn't belongs here, being 4th party character and all, and his presence kinda taints the whole roster, which is already too big just to have big roster. It still is not as bad as SSF2 at least (3 anime characters? Really?).

SSF2 has them mainly because it's a carry over from SSF1 when the mugen scene was big and any and all characters were up for grabs. (Inuyasha, Sonic OCs, Mr Incredible, and even Lloyd who is still a decidedly obscure character)

And as for the question here, I either say trash some characters to reflect a more realistic "authentic" game instead of the slightly corny mugen vibes Crusade has now, or go all out and add in more 4th party characters to keep it balanced. Luffy would fit right in alongside Goku.. I think Kenshin and Astroboy would also feel at home since Crusade has a more obscure roster in general.


Last edited by Xalciss on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU


  Phoenix Wright
  224
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:58 pm

Xalciss wrote:
SSF2 has them mainly because it's a carry over from SSF1 when the mugen scene was big and any and all characters were up for grabs. (Inuyasha, Sonic OCs, Mr Incredible, and even Lloyd who is still a decidedly obscure character)
I'm...not sure how Lloyd is even close to being as ridiculous as those other characters, let alone a weird enough inclusion to single out above the likes of the Sonic OCs.
In fact...Lloyd even got a Mii Costume, soooooo...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xalciss
Level 3 CPU


  76

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Chaotic Chao wrote:
Xalciss wrote:
SSF2 has them mainly because it's a carry over from SSF1 when the mugen scene was big and any and all characters were up for grabs. (Inuyasha, Sonic OCs, Mr Incredible, and even Lloyd who is still a decidedly obscure character)
I'm...not sure how Lloyd is even close to being as ridiculous as those other characters, let alone a weird enough inclusion to single out above the likes of the Sonic OCs.
In fact...Lloyd even got a Mii Costume, soooooo...

I forgot about that costume, that's a good point. I guess times have changed but at the time of Lloyd's inclusion, he was easily as bizarre a choice as an anime character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU


  Mach Rider
  407
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:50 pm

Xalciss wrote:
Ridori wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
It has been confirmed that no characters will be removed.

And I'll be honest, the only character that should be removed would be Ristar imo
I'd say Goku should be removed if someone is ever getting removed. He doesn't belongs here, being 4th party character and all, and his presence kinda taints the whole roster, which is already too big just to have big roster. It still is not as bad as SSF2 at least (3 anime characters? Really?).

SSF2 has them mainly because it's a carry over from SSF1 when the mugen scene was big and any and all characters were up for grabs. (Inuyasha, Sonic OCs, Mr Incredible, and even Lloyd who is still a decidedly obscure character)

And as for the question here, I either say trash some characters to reflect a more realistic "authentic" game instead of the slightly corny mugen vibes Crusade has now, or go all out and add in more 4th party characters to keep it balanced. Luffy would fit right in alongside Goku.. I think Kenshin and Astroboy would also feel at home since Crusade has a more obscure roster in general.

i support the latter option wholeheartedly

#jotaro4crusade
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU


  157
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:45 am

Llyoid is just boring to me and shouldn't be in Smash if you ask me. ((Probably one of my LEAST wanted characters.)) Blame me for not being an RPG fan as it's one of my least favorite genres personally, unless it's Mario and Luigi or Paper Mario.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU


  Mach Rider
  407
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:04 am

And as an RPG fan, there are simply so many more interesting characters besides Lloyd. Cloud, Geno (already in Crusade but still), Edgar, Black Mage, Minstrel, Neku, T260G, the Hunter, Byuu, Crono, Jack Frost, Cecil...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SageHarpuiaJDJ



  Toon Link
  50

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:10 am

My take on this discussion on who should get cut if it happens:

-Goku. I personally don't mind Anime characters, but Goku sticks out like a sore thumb considering that he's the only anime character. I mean there's different characters from different consoles like Crash and Klonoa, but Goku like's the lone wolf here.

-Weegee. I don't care if he's top tier or based on a Nintendo character, a meme character that consist of the worst and overused memes of the late 2000s is very off putting. His aesthetics and moves are also terrible. I fine with Joke characters, but Weegee isn't funny anymore and will not be missed if he goes, well he will be missed, but by a VERY few amount of people.

-Shadow. Nothing against Shadow, but I want to see another Sonic character in his place. Dr. Eggman or Blaze would nice.

The only character I want to completely disappear is Weegee. Snivy I don't mind, though I would want to see another gen 5 or grass type. Petey is okay, although I want a different mario character in his place, the same thing with Geno. Mach Rider and Saki just needs to be redone to not be so Fox and Captain Falcon like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU


  157
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:33 am

Weegee needs to be removed, agreed. I'll honestly take GRAND DAD over dead-evil-Luigi. :U
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 pm

This entire thread:

LE GRAND DAD OVER WEEGEE MAY HAPS?????? PLS IM FUNNY RIGHT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU


  157
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:04 pm

In other words though I say NO MEME Characters all together would be a better solution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SageHarpuiaJDJ



  Toon Link
  50

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:39 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
This entire thread:

LE GRAND DAD OVER WEEGEE MAY HAPS?????? PLS IM FUNNY RIGHT

Who's Grand Dad?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU


  Knuckles
  304
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:16 pm

Does it really bother people that much that Goku and Weegee are in the game? Okay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:51 pm

SageHarpuiaJDJ wrote:
-Shadow. Nothing against Shadow, but I want to see another Sonic character in his place. Dr. Eggman or Blaze would nice.
What about Metal Sonic, though? He's Sonic's most iconic arch-rival (yes, even more iconic than Ow the Edgehog).

Also, I said most iconic arch-rival, because Eggman is just the main antagonist, while Metal Sonic was designed to directly rival Sonic in speed and power. Heck, Metal Sonic was so far the only Sonic rival who got even close to defeating Sonic and is giving Sonic a run for his money even to this day.
Also, Metal Sonic can transform into a giant mechanical beast according to Sonic Heroes. If that's not a perfect Final Smash, then I don't know what is perfect at this point.

brb preparing a Metal Sonic Discussion thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xalciss
Level 3 CPU


  76

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:28 pm

Ok I can agree that Weegee needs the boot. He's not fresh enough to be considered funny and not old enough to be considered a meta reference to a bygone era. He's too awkward.

And as I think about it more and more, I really do find the idea of a playable Astro Boy very appealing.

Metal Sonic would be a different choice but the only problem would be the sprites. I haven't seen a single good Metal Sonic sprite ever. Mecha Sonic yes. Metal Sonic? Not at all.
If he had an organic sprite scaled to the size of the Sonic characters in Crusade now, I wouldn't object.

Also I still say Kid Goku would be an awesome alt for Goku. Picture his final smash being a humongous, Giga Boswer-esque Oozaru. I approve!

Lastly, AstroBoi4Crusade
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Today at 4:26 am

Back to top Go down
 
Character Removal for a Practical Roster?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Warmachine Character Jack Updgrade Kits
» move character to another realm - Yes, you can.
» Destiny of the Dreamweaver Character Profiles
» Who is the scariest video game character to meet in real life?
» =[C]=TheCompany Clan Roster

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Character Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum