Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

New Alternate Forms! Empty
PostNew Alternate Forms!

Introducing: Alternate Playstyles!

New Alternate Forms! 2RBLWYc

You can now choose to play as Lucario without the Aura system!  This version of Lucario will have consistent power regardless of his percent and stock deficits, making him a more consistent character!

New Alternate Forms! TiX38we

Have a lead?  You've still got your strength!

New Alternate Forms! KGRQovx

Marth gets the treatment as well!  Prefer Lucina's lack of a tipper mechanic?  Now you can play Marth this way in SSB Crusade!

New Alternate Forms! TnNWHHi

Hit the opponent in close?  It's still powerful!
This version of Marth has hits powered between the normal mid-blade and tipper strengths, with knockback angles following normal mid-blade angles.  One exception, his down air, will be a meteor when playing as Spread Marth.  Try out this alt for a more beginner-friendly and consistent experience!

New Alternate Forms! SNh5jNJ

You can even play as a solo Ice Climber!  When played alone, the Climber will have increased damage output, combo potential (especially off throws), and kill power, making your Climber a formidable foe even without their teammate!

New Alternate Forms! MCazPl7

Prefer to play as Nana?  We've got you covered, check out the names on the HUD!  Nana and Popo will play almost identically, with the only difference being Nana's lighter weight.

New Alternate Forms! BO13BaB

We've also buffed the solo Climber's special moves to help stand a fighting chance alone.  Neutral Special for example has reduced ending lag, allowing a faster rate of fire and a projectile that can be combo'd off of!

New Alternate Forms! 8gx6luv

Down Special will not be escapable once an opponent is caught, and the final hit of the blizzard will pull them inward for a combo followup!

New Alternate Forms! DZzweSb

Wondering how you will recover without your partner to Belay?  The bird has got your back in this new Solo Climber exclusive Up Special!

What new forms would you like to see in v0.9.1?  Let us know!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE

We have noticed some confusion lately as to the nature of alternate playstyles, what qualifies, what does not, and the difference between them and character alternates. To clarify, an alternate playstyle is a change to the programming and mechanics of a character to alter the way that character plays, without creating a new character or moveset or any new sprites. New sprites and movesets are required for alternate Characters such as Evil Ryu and Pichu, and as such they involve the same workload as entirely new characters. Alternate playstyles have a fraction of that workload involved, expanding the replay value and variety of the game without delaying its release.

What qualifies as an alternate playstyle:
- Changed mechanics (Lucario without aura)
- Changed playstyle (Marth without tippers)
- Minor moveset changes (Smash 4 B moves, Crusade B moves, Melee A moves)

What does not qualify:
- Entirely new characters based on the same core character (Paper Mario, Mega Man X)
- Completely new movesets (Including A moves and B moves)

Have an idea for an alternate? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited by Perfect Hell on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

New Alternate Forms! :: Comments

King Proto
Re: New Alternate Forms!
Post Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:49 pm by King Proto
This looks amazing! I REALLY can't wait for 9.1 now! Keep up the awesome work guys!
OmegaSteve777
Post Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:36 pm by OmegaSteve777
Hype
VultureDuck
Post Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:45 pm by VultureDuck
wow...this is interesting
TaXMaN
Post Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:17 pm by TaXMaN
Woah, this is crazy! In a good way.
Roy
Post Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:21 am by Roy
Neat concept, and can open the door for certain gimmicks to be optional in the future.

The only (currently playable) character I can think of that could work is Kirby - giving up Inhale for a permanent power. That's the theme I got from these forms - trade your unique ability in order to have a more consistent experience.
Chaotic Chao
Post Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:19 pm by Chaotic Chao
Hmm...what about Pichu? He could forego damaging himself for, I dunno, maybe an overall nerf in offense or defense, and maybe different side and down specials (since I think those moves sort of rely on his self-destructive attacks).

And assuming Wright's moveset stays the same (despite the awesome overhauls that Roy suggested in the Wright thread that I think needs to happen), he too could have an alt version that gives his side special consistent power and use instead of having him focus on building Take That's "meter" through Objections and Hold its. Obvious drawback would be the removal of his strongest KO move.
armatage
Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:24 pm by armatage
what about giving lucario a third option to have both the magic series and super specials from PM, feel like it would be a nice addition to the game, also, it feels like you keep adding onto something we really want to release, why don't you clean off some game-breaking bugs and give us the current version and make like a patcher or something for future content, we REALLY want what you got now, and stuff like this is only going to make your fans made the can't use it. It's like that episode of South Park where Cartman buys an amusement park for the sole purpose of keeping everyone out
Lego Shaq
Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:54 pm by Lego Shaq
armatage wrote:
what about giving lucario a third option to have both the magic series and super specials from PM, feel like it would be a nice addition to the game, also, it feels like you keep adding onto something we really want to release, why don't you clean off some game-breaking bugs and give us the current version and make like a patcher or something for future content, we REALLY want what you got now, and stuff like this is only going to make your fans made the can't use it. It's like that episode of South Park where Cartman buys an amusement park for the sole purpose of keeping everyone out
We really wanted Smash 4 for a year. We waited a year. It's not the dev teams problem if you literally need 0.9.1 right now. Obviously the next version would be out if it was done and bug-free, why go through constant bug-fixing and such for likely a month just to release a mini-patch because some fans cant contain themselves?
Also, uh, why would we have a 3rd form just for some Project M moves..
Kzinssie
Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:07 pm by Kzinssie
Lucario's pretty vastly different in PM, actually, he's designed as more of a traditional fighting game character.
Braystar
Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:25 pm by Braystar
Wait, didn't Spoon want separate Ice Climbers...

Anyway HYPE
Bedoop!
Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:53 pm by Bedoop!
Could we maybe have a Luigi variation that has a consistent Missle Distance + Power but can't Charge or Misfire?
Maybe a Kirby variation that gives a new Neutral B instead of Inhale for consistency?
(Plus if you felt like going all-out you could give Vanilla Kirbs his Hammer Flip from Smash 4 / BetaBrawl that's chargable and give the other variation the Hammer Bash he currently has)
Possibly Geno without Stat Buffs but with a tad bit higher Offense/Defense to compensate?
Or maybe Pichu with weaker stats but won't hurt itself?
Game & Watch with permanent but weaker 6's on the Judge Attack!
Mario with F.L.U.D.D.!
Ganondorf with his Original Smash Series Moveset!
Mach Rider and Wario without their Bikes!
PAC-MAN without the 4th Wall to assist!
Give Gliding Characters a more Horizontal Recovery and removing the Glide!
Dedede!
SO MUCH OPTIONS
I LOVE IT Kill Me
Kzinssie
Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:10 pm by Kzinssie
Sm4sh Mega Man/Little Mac/Pac-Man/DHD/etc. was my first thought.
Slissith
Post Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:51 pm by Slissith
Braystar wrote:
Wait, didn't Spoon want separate Ice Climbers...

Anyway HYPE

Marco and Cress confirmed.
procrastinatingDestiny
Post Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:26 pm by procrastinatingDestiny
Has anyone else noticed the new hands?
armatage
Post Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:28 pm by armatage
Lego Shaq wrote:
armatage wrote:
We really wanted Smash 4 for a year. We waited a year. It's not the dev teams problem if you literally need 0.9.1 right now. Obviously the next version would be out if it was done and bug-free, why go through constant bug-fixing and such for likely a month just to release a mini-patch because some fans cant contain themselves?
Why not?
Also, I'm not saying I know how development works, I'm just wondering and suggesting if we can get at least a sorta preview what the game would be like on it's release (a public beta if you will) I'm just admittedly a bit impatient because I'm more than a bit excited for this next release. I know there's stuff like bug fixes and balancing to go over, but I wish I could know exactly what's going on right now so I can see the progress no matter how slow it is (like a sort of dev blog if you will without all the pictures and such just to reassure us the project is still strong), the lack of information is driving me insane, because I keep worrying the game is getting cancelled (especially after PM's Demise)
Sorry for being as bit impatient, but if there's any way we could even get a TASTE of what is to come, it would be appreciated, at least by me.
Kzinssie
Post Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:30 pm by Kzinssie
Honestly I'd be happy for 0.9.0 with controller support
Perfect Hell
Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:21 pm by Perfect Hell
armatage wrote:
I'm just wondering and suggesting if we can get at least a sorta preview ... (like a sort of dev blog if you will without all the pictures and such just to reassure us the project is still strong),
Sorry for being as bit impatient, but if there's any way we could even get a TASTE of what is to come, it would be appreciated, at least by me.

You are currently talking about this on an update from the development team released days ago. What?

If there was something ready to be released, it would have been released already. Continue to be patient and we will release news when we are ready to. Thank you.
Perfect Hell
Post Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:42 am by Perfect Hell
UPDATE

We have noticed some confusion lately as to the nature of alternate playstyles, what qualifies, what does not, and the difference between them and character alternates. To clarify, an alternate playstyle is a change to the programming and mechanics of a character to alter the way that character plays, without creating a new character or moveset or any new sprites. New sprites and movesets are required for alternate Characters such as Evil Ryu and Pichu, and as such they involve the same workload as entirely new characters. Alternate playstyles have a fraction of that workload involved, expanding the replay value and variety of the game without delaying its release.

What qualifies as an alternate playstyle:
- Changed mechanics (Lucario without aura)
- Changed playstyle (Marth without tippers)
- Minor moveset changes (Smash 4 B moves, Crusade B moves, Melee A moves)

What does not qualify:
- Entirely new characters based on the same core character (Paper Mario, Mega Man X)
- Completely new movesets (Including A moves and B moves)

Have an idea for an alternate? Let us know in the comments below!
Lego Shaq
Post Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:04 pm by Lego Shaq
armatage wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
armatage wrote:
Why not?
Also, I'm not saying I know how development works, I'm just wondering and suggesting if we can get at least a sorta preview what the game would be like on it's release (a public beta if you will) I'm just admittedly a bit impatient because I'm more than a bit excited for this next release. I know there's stuff like bug fixes and balancing to go over, but I wish I could know exactly what's going on right now so I can see the progress no matter how slow it is (like a sort of dev blog if you will without all the pictures and such just to reassure us the project is still strong), the lack of information is driving me insane, because I keep worrying the game is getting cancelled (especially after PM's Demise)
There IS a dev blog. There is also a twitter and Facebook. It is your own fault if you think that the dev's aren't updating us.
And because that is a waste of time that can be devoted to an entirely new character?
Post Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:29 am by Nintega
For an alternate form suggestion, how about 2 forms of Goku? 1 where his down special is his kaioken, & the other would be where his down special is changed to a fast counter attack? If you're wondering how his alternate final smash would work, you could just make an alternate form of the counter attack goku that has his dragon rush instead of his spirit bomb. The reason I'm asking for this is because I rarely even use kaioken & I main goku (& no I'm not that kind of person who just spams kamehameha over & over again) also this would FINALLY give him differences from his super smash flash 2 counterpart in 0.9.1 other than his final smash!
Moats
Post Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:30 am by Moats
Toad's Up and Side Specials from earlier Crusade installments.

Toon Link's Triforce Slash Up and Down Specials from Brawl.

A Pichu that doesn't receive damage from it's own electric attacks (too obvious).

Pichu's Side and Down Specials from Melee.

Pikachu with Eletroball as Side B similar to the way it does it in the anime.

Pikachu and Pichu receiving less damage from electric moves:
-Moves that have a "shocking" effect: Samus's Charge Shot and Screw Attack, Fox and Falco's Blasters and Reflectors, Porky's Up Smash, Mewtwo's Nair, Ashley's Hocus Pocus, Ness and Lucas' PK Thunder, etc. In exchange for receiving more damage from physical moves.

Ganondorf receiving less damage from physical moves but more from blades and beams.

Mewtwo/Lucario/Ganondorf/Evil Ryu/Kaioken Goku/Ness/Lucas/Shadow gaining Final Smash meter just from standing still. Normal Goku by powering up.

Jigglypuff being able to float in the air for 10 seconds per jump but has zero priority in all attacks performed in the air as though all other characters have super armor. With this sound effect playing as the attack connects: http://www.soundsnap.com/node/47196
Ground attacks have better priority than Puff's average but deals next to no damage and knockback and I mean next to none.
Spoiler:

Tails swiping his tails forward (F tilt) to reflect projectiles. Keep it as a F tilt or make it a Neutral, Side, or Down Special.

That's all I can think of for now.
Post Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:57 pm by Tech.3.
eyyy,we got Marcina!!!!
(i'm calling it that from now on)

maybe you could add a slower but stronger version of Luigi called Dr.Luigi or (Misfire)
Post Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:02 pm by Tech.3.
remove da Dr.Luigi.

also,how about a Pichu(Damage-less) or a Glass Cannon version of a hard hitter character?
Post Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:04 pm by Tech.3.
Update:

or a ssb4 version of Fox?
procrastinatingDestiny
Post Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:18 pm by procrastinatingDestiny
There is an Edit button for a reason
Szion
Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:13 pm by Szion
How about Krystal using an entirely staff based moveset and the other moveset be guns?

...or be great and combine the two in one =_= /cough krystal discussion/
Post Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:37 am by ChibiFox369
Maybe add a couple more veterans, like Zelda, Sheik, Pit, Charizard or Greninja? Netherless, keep on going! Very Happy
wheeled_tank
Post Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:48 am by wheeled_tank
I can think of a "Reverse-Tipper" Marth, making him extremely similar to Roy's melee moveset, and using Roy's Smash 4 moveset if he would appear (With a "Standard-Tipper" and "No-Tipper" version as well)
Post Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:06 pm by SmashWaffle
Maybe Pac-Man could have an alternate formation in which he would have his Smash 4 moveset.
Post  by Sponsored content

New Alternate Forms!

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next