View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

Japanese Translation? Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Translation?   Japanese Translation? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 8:44 pm

As might be obvious from my name, I'm actually somewhat fluent in Japanese. I feel like a Crusade Japanese version would go over well with NicoNico folks in Japan, and I'd be willing to help work on a translation. It wouldn't be especially difficult on my end or the dev team's, given that Crusade is by its nature pretty light on text and there's only a handful of characters that would even need new announcer calls. Anyone on the dev team interested in taking me up on this?
Back to top Go down
Nintensis
Level 4 CPU
Nintensis

jmf72115

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Translation?   Japanese Translation? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 7:23 am

Japanese voices too?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXcP_rB2DD03kDVk4qGFgpQ
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Translation?   Japanese Translation? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 9:52 am

sounds interesting
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Translation?   Japanese Translation? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 10:13 am

eww anime
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Translation?   Japanese Translation? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 11:14 am

Nintensis wrote:
Japanese voices too?

For those characters that have them available. Japanese players can deal with English voice acting just like we can deal with Japanese voice acting, but it would sound weird if Smash veterans that originally had Japanese voice acting in the Japanese version of the game were suddenly speaking English.

For a good example of what Japanese Smash games sound like, here's a Japanese online Sm4sh tournament match between Bayonetta (using her Bayo 1 costume, which speaks English because Bayonetta 1 was actually released in Japan with English audio and subtitles) and Kamui/Corrin. Note the English announcer saying "player 1 defeated" when the spectator Jigglypuff dies at the beginning, as well.
Back to top Go down
Nintensis
Level 4 CPU
Nintensis

jmf72115

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Translation?   Japanese Translation? EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 2:48 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
Nintensis wrote:
Japanese voices too?

For those characters that have them available. Japanese players can deal with English voice acting just like we can deal with Japanese voice acting, but it would sound weird if Smash veterans that originally had Japanese voice acting in the Japanese version of the game were suddenly speaking English.

For a good example of what Japanese Smash games sound like, here's a Japanese online Sm4sh tournament match between Bayonetta (using her Bayo 1 costume, which speaks English because Bayonetta 1 was actually released in Japan with English audio and subtitles) and Kamui/Corrin. Note the English announcer saying "player 1 defeated" when the spectator Jigglypuff dies at the beginning, as well.

Yea I was thinking of it being like that, so yea I'd definitely support this Very Happy

Also...

Japanese Translation? 411

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm sorry but I had to ;-;
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXcP_rB2DD03kDVk4qGFgpQ
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Translation?   Japanese Translation? EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 2:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Translation?   Japanese Translation? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 8:26 am

I've been doing some research on game localization for one of my classes, and learned something that may need to be kept in mind for a potential Japanese version - apparently Crash Bandicoot as a character was modified heavily for the Japanese games. Though the core gameplay and abilities are the same, his personality has been changed - he's a lot more talkative (which isn't a huge issue since it'll just be new audio files), but his expression was changed as well - he lost the "just snorted 28 pounds of cocaine" look and traded it out for a more determined smirk. It shouldn't be a huge issue to tweak some of the sprites, but it is something to keep in mind should this happen.

I am serious about this, by the way - I'll translate all the text I can find in 0.9.0 and put it in a doc as evidence.
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Translation?   Japanese Translation? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 3:03 pm

Progress report?
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Translation?   Japanese Translation? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 1:22 pm

Why stop there? I think the game could be translated to other languages like Spanish, French, German. And I don't feel the announcer would be too much of a problem here, because there is several games that have english announce voices and spanish subtitles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Translation?   Japanese Translation? Empty

Back to top Go down

Japanese Translation?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com