Share | 

Modding - Should it be allowed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Modding - Should it be allowed?   Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:11 am

Just something I thought I would ask everybody out there due to the fact basically in older versions of the game, reskinning characters and stages were apparently a thing. Apparently now these days modding is not really appreciated by the devs for an unknown reason, so I ask all of you out there, What do you think of the idea of SSBC being moddable. Not coding wise but graphically wise.

Should there be some sort of support in the future? Please leave your thoughts below.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
your goth gf
Level 3 CPU

Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Modding - Should it be allowed?   Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:35 am

come back and ask this when the game's finished or close to it, i reckon

the problem with encouraging crusade modding while the game is still in beta is that the existing dev team is already disproportionately small to the amount of planned content & busywork. if someone is skilled enough to make a functional mod (and not a Felipe-tier eyesore), it'd be a waste not to recruit them for main development credits, no? especially if they show existing devotion to the project

it helps to consider that jaklub was originally a member of the european game maker community (i think?) who was recruited merely to program crusade's online client during the original dev turnover; dustination was essentially some rando who posted his spriting portfolio here and now the two of them are co-directing the entire game. it's not much, sure, when you consider who they inherited it from, but crusade was always spearheaded by the community since the moment it stopped being an incoherent jumble of garbage code and began being an earnestly playable game

basically - if no modder is willing to volunteer their labours to assist the project proper then there's no reason for the dev team to provide the faculties to make modding viable while the game is still in a (very) unfinished state

hope this makes sense (probably doesn't)

ps i tried to make a samuel l jackson announcer pack 4 years ago and it was the worst experience of my life
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nert_Alert
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Modding - Should it be allowed?   Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:33 pm

your goth gf wrote:

If it even gets finished.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slissith

Bowser
  ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Modding - Should it be allowed?   Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:35 pm

Nert_Alert wrote:
your goth gf wrote:

If it even gets finished.

ikr? smash games with a bazillion characters are so easy to make.

Thanks to you, I had to add two new rules.

VultureDuck wrote:
Crusade is a man's game

Jaklub wrote:
Post count ain't gonna raise itself.

Jaklub wrote:
this count down won't be uploaded to youtube, better enjoy it now.

Lego_Shaq wrote:
please dont think im actually racist

SmashBros._L0ver wrote:
fuck you slissith go to hell Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination

Random
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Modding - Should it be allowed?   Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:35 pm

Mario123311 wrote:
Just something I thought I would ask everybody out there due to the fact basically in older versions of the game, reskinning characters and stages were apparently a thing. Apparently now these days modding is not really appreciated by the devs for an unknown reason, so I ask all of you out there, What do you think of the idea of SSBC being moddable. Not coding wise but graphically wise.

Should there be some sort of support in the future? Please leave your thoughts below.

It was never an intentional thing as far as I know. As I told you, oh, three or four times now, modding won't be happening any time in the near future. If you really absolutely want to make your own characters you can join the development team. your goth gf summed it up perfectly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Modding - Should it be allowed?   Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:23 am

your goth gf wrote:
and now the two of them are co-directing the entire game.

There are actually 4 "co-directors", labeled Main Developers. Jaklub, Dustination, Mp3 Toaster, and myself. But your point is very valid.

SSBC Head Character Balancer

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Competitive discussion is what I do

Crusade Movesets:  projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1613-pending-moveset-topic#45702
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modding - Should it be allowed?   Today at 7:26 am

Back to top Go down

Modding - Should it be allowed?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1