Dedicated Family ManBackground
Muddy Mole is the main protagonist of the lesser known Game Boy title: Mole Mania. Mole Mania is a Puzzle-Adventure game where Muddy utilized Iron Balls to destroy gates in order to move forward. His main goal was to find members of his family, who were molenapped by an evil farmer by the name of Jinbe.
Mole Mania is arguably the least known work of Shigeru Miyamoto, he was the producer of the game.Appearances
• Mole Mania - Game Boy - 1996 - Main Protagonist, Only Playable Character
• Mole Mania (Virtual Console) - Nintendo 3DS eShop - 2012 - Main Protagonist, Only Playable CharacterWhy put him in Crusade?
• Muddy Mole is one of those oddball retro characters that don't get much love from the general public, much like the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Pit, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt before him. But he has something very special to offer gameplay-wise.
• For Melee, Sakurai had a huge interest in picking a character from the Famicom / NES. Muddy fits a similar bill by being a perfect candidate for a character from the Game Boy if one was desired.
• Despite low reception, those who have took notice of the game are usually very fond of it. The game was solid, it had just gone unnoticed similar to Ristar.
• Finally, a chance to play as a real Family man.Gameplay
Mole Mania had two major gameplay mechanics:
1. Moving Iron Balls by throwing and pushing them.
2. Burrowing underground to get around impassable areas on land to solve puzzles.
In a Smash Brothers game, these two concepts would be a pivotal part of his playstyle. Muddy himself is pretty fair all around, maybe a little slow and lacking in power, but if he utilizes his tools correctly, he can be a real force to be reckoned with.
Though, being a mole, naturally the ground is Muddy's greatest ally and he definitely does better on it. This translates into his moveset very well.Moveset