View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 5:21 pm

Braystar wrote:
Why not give Ike the projectile for his N-Special and a reworked Eruption for D-Special?

I was thinking more of moving Eruption to his Down Smash
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 6:21 pm

We don't need so many FE characters having counters. That's why I proposed the Eruption Down B
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 11:02 pm

Hmm...I don't know...does Ike have the special Counter ability in the source? My only Ike game was Radiant Dawn, and I still haven't met Ike in that game yet.
If Ike does have the special Counter ability in the source game, then I think his Counter should stay as a Down B.
Lucina not being able to get the special Counter ability in Awakening (due to her special ability always being inhereted from Chrom, who doesn't have the Counter ability) is also the reason why I want to see Lucina's counter replaced if she ever gets in (of course she wont).
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 7:33 am

Braystar wrote:
We don't need so many FE characters having counters. That's why I proposed the Eruption Down B

In my opinion, we don't need so many counters acting in pretty much the same way. A proposition to make his different could very well be a "Bide" counter like in pokemon, where he still gets hit and damaged.... but he delivers double the damage back.
Think of it as Ryu's Focus Attack if you will where it could potentially eat a few more moves than a single one, but he needs to be attacked to deliver a hit back at all.
Not only does this make it sufficiently different from other counters, but it also makes it unique from all other FE counters.

Alternatively, Giving Eruption super armor akin to Little Mac's Sm4sh Neutral B would give a pretty similar effect with a wider range and the ability to use it at all at any time. I like that idea.

TrinitroMan wrote:
Hmm...I don't know...does Ike have the special Counter ability in the source? My only Ike game was Radiant Dawn, and I still haven't met Ike in that game yet.

I don't remember if he does. I think you can give it to him, but idk if he gets it naturally after a class change (I think he doesn't).

TrinitroMan wrote:
Lucina's counter (should be) replaced if she ever gets in (of course she wont).
"Of course she won't" is your guess. Right now there isn't anything written down. I think what you mean is "I don't think she will".

Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 10:40 am

Totally off topic suggestion but on the ground Ike's aether should look like it does ingame, and if the attack connects, either in the ground or air, Ike will heal like 5% just like in fire emblem.

Otherwise, I agree that Ike shouldn't have a counter.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 3:47 pm

Sean_McMuffin wrote:
Totally off topic suggestion but on the ground Ike's aether should look like it does ingame, and if the attack connects, either in the ground or air, Ike will heal like 5% just like in fire emblem.

Being able to choose to go completely vertical (Current Aether) or diagonally forward (One of his customs) with a single tilt of the stick could potentially make his recovery so much better.

As for the healing, in Brawl minus he can do that stuff but only in "No Sympathy" mode (Don't Ask). Which brings into the equation that it could be pretty interesting to see a slow Ike and having the ability to charge Eruption for a Limit break-like buff on his stats to go from Sm4sh stats to Project M speed. Then i could see the healing aspect of it being implemented when buffed up.
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 4:09 pm

That gives me an idea. Perhaps in this powered up state he could have various Fire Emblem abilities, Like the healing on Aether or changing his fully charged Quick Draw become Lethality.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 4:17 pm

Yeah, and if he charges with Down B as Eruption, the Neutral B could then turn into the wind-slash thing he does when attacking from a distance in the original game.
Back to top Go down
Anto99
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 10:36 am

Support
Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 2 Imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvignette1.wikia.nocookie.net%2Ffireemblem%2Fimages%2F4%2F48%2FIke_(FE9_Artwork).png%2Frevision%2Flatest%253Fcb%253D20160110210442&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Ffireemblem.wikia
Back to top Go down
Broke The Screeen
Level 3 CPU
Broke The Screeen

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 9:52 am

Support.

Only if he is shirtless.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 7:58 pm

I support him, but, I prefer seeing him with his classic look (Path Of Radiance)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ike [Fire Emblem] Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2