Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 12:38 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
JaegerKrieg wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
>King K. Rool
>Isn't in Smash 4
Exactly. That's my point.

Never understood why people are so rabid about having King K Rool in Smash

He's a mediocre villain, he's fat and just unappealing all over.

well aren't you Mr. Positive. I swear everytime you say something, it''s something negative. Also if he is so mediocre, why do so many people want him back for a new Donkey Kong game?
He probably gonna say "Because of 'MUH NOSTALGIA!!!', that's why."
Back to top Go down
Ridori
Level 2 CPU
Ridori

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 12:57 pm

To get back on topic, if Bayonetta would be added to this game, what do you think would be done with her? Using SSB4 version with some changes certainly will be a bad idea (because of how she was designed, she is either too good without requiring much skill like Brawl Meta Knight or too bad while taking too much effort to use like Samus after Melee), but she still needs to feel like in Devil May C- i mean Bayonetta games.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 1:59 pm

Ridori wrote:
To get back on topic, if Bayonetta would be added to this game, what do you think would be done with her? Using SSB4 version with some changes certainly will be a bad idea (because of how she was designed, she is either too good without requiring much skill like Brawl Meta Knight or too bad while taking too much effort to use like Samus after Melee), but she still needs to feel like in Devil May C- i mean Bayonetta games.
Why would we not just balance her SSB4 version???? Balancing her wouldn't make her trash tier idk why you think that
Back to top Go down
Ridori
Level 2 CPU
Ridori

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 12:04 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
Why would we not just balance her SSB4 version???? Balancing her wouldn't make her trash tier idk why you think that
That version is flawed by design. She either has ridiculous combos no one else has and doesn't requires much effort to perform them or she has normal combos like others while either still requiring a lot of effort or being just another character except with unique counter. She would work far better in first game where everyone has 0-death combos or in normal fighting game.
But "seeing is believing", so, maybe she can work without being changed too much.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 3:07 pm

Ridori wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
That version is flawed by design. She either has ridiculous combos no one else has and doesn't requires much effort to perform them or she has normal combos like others while either still requiring a lot of effort or being just another character except with unique counter. She would work far better in first game where everyone has 0-death combos or in normal fighting game.
But "seeing is believing", so, maybe she can work without being changed too much.
This is all your opinion nice job bro. Is she broken? Yes. She can be fixed with balancing and be just fine. She is an original and unique character and there's no need to change that.
Back to top Go down
JaegerKrieg
Level 3 CPU
JaegerKrieg

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 4:52 am

I still think there are more important characters to focus on right now than Bayonetta.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 7:18 am

like who?
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 9:00 am

I think a better question would be, why does it matter what character we "focus on" suggesting at any given moment? It's not like that affects when or whether they'll be added.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 9:32 am

I mean that is true, what effects it is like three things, popularity between staff and patrons alike, Nintendo relevance, and coding/spriting to work on
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 1:23 pm

JaegerKrieg wrote:
I still think there are more important characters to focus on right now than Bayonetta.
Good for you but that doesn't really matter since no one ever implied we should focus on Bayonetta right this instant. I think we all think she should be worked on EVENTUALLY.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 6:29 pm

support
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 9:01 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Ridori wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
This is all your opinion nice job bro. Is she broken? Yes. She can be fixed with balancing and be just fine. She is an original and unique character and there's no need to change that.

Her design in inherently frustrating to play against. I actually don't think her combos are as bad as people say they are; with proper DI, zero-to-deaths are extremely situational at best. But the fact of the matter is that, while playing against Bayo, there's a damn good while where I am unable to do anything. Then, I wind up with 40%. Okay, Pikachu can do the same thing, right? Correct, but it happens in a third or a fourth of the time. It's just plain annoying to sit there while bayo dishes the mediocre damage.

Then there's Witch Time. You either change the way it works totally, or it can still punish a jab with a death at any percent unless you are perfectly center stage.

So as far as balancing, you can make Witch Time not last as long, so Bayo will have to settle for an inferior setup. Great, that leads back to the frustratingly long lasting combos.

You nerf the amount of damage her moves do? Great the combos are even more pointless.

You eliminate the combos kill abilities? Great, what's the point of the combo platform that hardly racks up more damage than other players, if it cannot still kill?

I'm just not seeing how one could take her moveset and have it both be balanced, and be fun to play as and against.

Now this is coming from somebody who doesn't even mind Bayo that much anymore. She's incredibly overrated in all honesty, but I don't see much that can be done to nerf her without destroying her playstyle.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 2:57 pm

Alexander wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
Ridori wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

Her design in inherently frustrating to play against.  I actually don't think her combos are as bad as people say they are; with proper DI, zero-to-deaths are extremely situational at best.  But the fact of the matter is that, while playing against Bayo, there's a damn good while where I am unable to do anything.  Then, I wind up with 40%.  Okay, Pikachu can do the same thing, right?  Correct, but it happens in a third or a fourth of the time.  It's just plain annoying to sit there while bayo dishes the mediocre damage.

Then there's Witch Time.  You either change the way it works totally, or it can still punish a jab with a death at any percent unless you are perfectly center stage.

So as far as balancing, you can make Witch Time not last as long, so Bayo will have to settle for an inferior setup.  Great, that leads back to the frustratingly long lasting combos.

You nerf the amount of damage her moves do?  Great the combos are even more pointless.

You eliminate the combos kill abilities?  Great, what's the point of the combo platform that hardly racks up more damage than other players, if it cannot still kill?

I'm just not seeing how one could take her moveset and have it both be balanced, and be fun to play as and against.

Now this is coming from somebody who doesn't even mind Bayo that much anymore.  She's incredibly overrated in all honesty, but I don't see much that can be done to nerf her without destroying her playstyle.
I'm not going to refute this. Bayo's broken but we need to see how she's balanced before it's discussed more.

But, if we DO need to redo Bayonetta's moveset somewhat, I still feel we need to keep her combo gimmick in a way.
Back to top Go down
BeatBW
Level 1 CPU
BeatBW

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 10:36 pm

Speaking as someone who, pardon my French, fucking loves the Bayonetta games, I personally think it'd be cool to see a moveset that uses more of her weapons besides just Scarborough Faire/Love is Blue. She has a ton of rad shit that'd be super fun to see. Hell, if I wanted to be completely insane and propose things that are blatantly impossible, I'd love if there were a Bayo 1 and Bayo 2 version of her, featuring various weapons from each. 1 could have things like the Onyx Roses, Shuraba, Kilgore, and Durga. 2 could have things like Chernobog, Kafka, Takemikazuchi, and Salamandra.

note that I don't expect this to ever actually happen, I just wanna sit here a moment and fantasize about the possibilities
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 8:29 am

I would care if she is in, but at the same time, it wouldn't hurt me if she wasn't. Like most of the people here are saying, I think you should make her have more of her weapons in her moveset. If needed, you could have her Smash version and a custom "Crusade" version.

I didn't mind that Bayonetta made it into Smash. Was she an odd choice? Yes. Was she a fan favorite? Clearly. Is she broken? Before the most recent patch, yes. Now, maybe. Definitely an annoying character to go against, and I know annoyance (Wolf in Brawl and PM. Curse Chain Throws) Does she deserve a spot? Clearly debatable. Then again, practically EVERY character can be debated whether or not he/she/it deserves a spot

The DLC character I hate is Corrin for a few reasons. First of all, we already had Roy, so having 2 DLC characters from the same series. Second, Fates is only about 4 months old in North America. Yes he was probably introduced as the Japanese Ballet winner, but that doesn't change the fact that he was introduced in about HALF A YEAR after Fates (or If) was released in Japan. If you ask me, Corrin was the "Advertisement" character, not Bayonetta. If we didn't have Roy, than I wouldn't mind Corrin as much (Still see him as an Advertisement)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion   Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bayonetta [Bayonetta] Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3