After months of inactivity, I finally have enough time to propose another idea:Paper TheaterOrigin:
This stage is based off the same theater that appeared whenever Paper Mario and his party encountered an enemy/boss. The background changes/varies in where the battle is taking place The theater also acts as a prime mechanic in certain boss battles.Why this stage?
To be honest, the Paper Mario series is one of my favorite franchises, and out of all of the games, this one is my favorite. If a Paper Mario rep should be able to make it in Crusade, this stage would be perfect. Layout
As it appears, it is a simple stage comprised of a single platform. The blast lines are above and to the sides of the stage, but the floor below the stage is solid. The background may change when battles are starting.
One of the stage's main mechanics is its Audience
, a primary mechanic in the origin game. In Paper Mario TTYD, there is an audience that watches Mario fight. They can either help or harm Mario. This is carried over to this stage. Certain characters can aid fighters, such as dropping items or food, while others help act as obstacles, such as causing explosions.
The audience members includes:
- Toads: aid fighters by dropping food or useful items
- Koopas: will jump onto the stage and walk around. If they are attacked, they will retreat into their shells and can be used as items.
- Shy Guys: will jump onto the stage and run to the side. Can trigger a falling obstacle
- Dull Bones will throw bones at fighters
- Hammer Bros will throw their hammers at fighters, which has more Attack power than Dull Bones' bones.
-Bom-Bombs will occasionally jump onto the stage and walk around. If they are left out for too long or are attacked, they will explode.
-Punis: these little creatures will jump onto the stage and run around, dropping food and items as it goes
- Whacka: there is a VERY rare chance of this creature appearing. If you manage to strike him, he’ll drop a “Whacka Bump” that can heal 25%.
Aside from the audience, other obstacles can be occur, either within a time limit or a trigger, such as an Audience member.
These are some examples:
- Falling objects, such as lights, basins or buckets, will fall at varied locations
- Fireworks will randomly appear on the ground (can be activated by attacks)
- A girder may suddenly fall from the top of the stage, stopping at the middle to act as an additional platform for a short time before falling again.
- If possible, the decor in the background may occasionally fall over if enough damage is dealt to the theater itself?
What do you think?