Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Eid and The Diety:

About: Eid is the main character in the Indie game Tower of Heaven made by Skillsoft and music made by Flashy Goodness.

Why He Should Join: Even if he comes from a rage game, it is fantastic and fun and him and the Diety would be a good pair together to dish out the pain (This was written quickly so I could bump this thread).

Combo: Eid does a quick three punch combo
Up Tilt: The Diety raises a spike from the floor
Down Tilt: Eid grows some grass, anyone who touches it gets "Smited" (Hit with a lightning bolt)
Side Tilt: Eid hits his foe with his head
Dash Attak: Eid slides knocking foes off their feet

Grab: The Diety grabs forwards, capturing items, foes, and ledges.
Up Throw: The Diety throws the opponent towards Eid and Eid kicks him into the air.
Side Throw: The Diety throws the opponent towards Eid who then punches the foe away
Down Throw: The Diety makes a gold block appear and throws the opponent at it

Up Smash: The Diety calls upon butterflies to attack, the higher the charge the more butterflies there are.
Side Smash: The Diety invokes the law of not moving left, you can jump and fall west though, time for it depends on charge
Down Smash: The Diety calls upon a saw blade, how fast it is depends on charge, lasts for 3 seconds

Neutral Special: Eid throws the book of laws forwards shattering on contact of foes
Up Special: The Diety creates a fan for Eid to ride up on
Down Special: The Diety creates gold blocks that move down
Side Special: The Diety makes 4 blocks in a diagonal area that the cave area underneath is always facing away from Eid. These block if touched from the side act like the tetronimoes in the Tetris stage.

Neutral Aerial: Eid does a flip with The Diety circling around him
Up Aerial: Eid releases a butter fly upwards
Side Aerial: The Diety creates a block that move in the direction Eid is facing
Back Aerial: The Diety creates a spike behind Eid
Down Aerial: Eid throws a flower downwards

Final Smash: (The Tower of Heaven) The Diety and Eid teleport away from the stage and then a cinematic is shown of the Tower of Heaven falling. When it end it falls on the stage, those who survive will have to dodge the falling debris before Eid and The Diety come back.

Last edited by DestinyIntwined on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 2:55 pm

First Draft done (because I know for a fact one of you will point at something shouldn't be there)
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 3:16 pm

Uh no. How in the world will another indie character be this guy? We have at least 10 people in front of him to be in.

He seems like a normal magic character moveset-wise. I'm not really sure how to improve it, but I know it can be much better. And the dash attack..I feel like I see that in every one of your threads.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Uh no. How in the world will another indie character be this guy? We have at least 10 people in front of him to be in.

He seems like a normal magic character moveset-wise. I'm not really sure how to improve it, but I know it can be much better. And the dash attack..I feel like I see that in every one of your threads.

Wrong! Prince doesn't have a dash and Sora's is the Sliding Dash. Also it's my signature.

All jokes a side, have you played Tower of Heaven? If not then you may not understand how it reflects the game. If you have, then I'll get right on to fideling with the set.

Also for indie characters, I have no idea, it's more of a three step thing for me:

1 Think of a character I would like in crusade
2 Make moveset
3 Fix moveset
Repeat

The characters I'm posting may have a slim chance, but I'd like to try and achieve it.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 3:44 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

Wrong! Prince doesn't have a dash and Sora's is the Sliding Dash. Also it's my signature.

All jokes a side, have you played Tower of Heaven? If not then you may not understand how it reflects the game. If you have, then I'll get right on to fideling with the set.

Also for indie characters, I have no idea, it's more of a three step thing for me:

2 Make moveset
3 Fix moveset
Repeat

The characters I'm posting may have a slim chance, but I'd like to try and achieve it.
You don't have a signature? At least doesn't show up to me.

Also, you might want to put more thought into it. Feel free to go wild with all your suggestions but it's not a good idea to make a thread like this, you'll only get negative feedback for the character.

And no I have not played Tower of Heaven.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

2 Make moveset
3 Fix moveset
Repeat

Also, you might want to put more thought into it. Feel free to go wild with all your suggestions but it's not a good idea to make a thread like this, you'll only get negative feedback for the character.

It was supposed to be a joke as in it's my signature move

What do you mean like this? I did put thought into it. Oh wait do you mean it because Skillsoft also made Super Smash Land?

You should play it, it's a fun game!
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 4:06 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

2 Make moveset
3 Fix moveset
Repeat

It was supposed to be a joke as in it's my signature move

What do you mean like this? I did put thought into it. Oh wait do you mean it because Skillsoft also made Super Smash Land?

You should play it, it's a fun game!
That's not what I meant at all. "It" means all your suggestions. Not the moveset, but WHO you suggest. Suggest anyone but don't expect awesome reception.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 4:12 pm

Okay, hey you still working on that 8-bit mario moveset?
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 4:17 am

and bump, this uhh needs more eyes than Shaq up there
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:39 am

DestinyIntwined wrote:
I can't tell if this is just a joke or you're actually insulting me.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:44 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:

pretty sure he just wants more opinions on the thread

not everyone is out to get you
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:47 am

SP wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:

pretty sure he just  wants more opinions on the thread

When did I imply that everyone was out to get me? I assumed it was a joke but I wasn't sure.

But anyways, I still won't be supporting, but we've gotten new members, so maybe you'll get some new supporters. It's likely actually.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 10:03 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
SP wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:

pretty sure he just  wants more opinions on the thread

When did I imply that everyone was out to get me? I assumed it was a joke but I wasn't sure.

when you thought he might be insulting you
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Right. So, coming from someone who really enjoys both Tower of Heaven (which is, in fact, NOT a rage game, whatever that's supposed to mean; the game is challenging in clever ways, but not notably difficult) and Super Smash Land, here's my feedback.

No. First of all, the *Deity is never seen, with the exception of the butterfly at the end, but that's less of a true form and more of a mortal incarnation. Second, Eid is, by nature, a character limited in what he can do. In fact, that's the whole point of the game. You're being limited, often arbitrarily, by god. Making a moveset around a character whose entire premise is that his actions are being restricted is a doomed endeavor. Another example of a doomed endeavor is suggesting an indie character that isn't interesting, unique, currently relevant, or particularly popular, and expecting support. Like Shaq said, there's a ton of indie character who have countless more reasons to be included than Eid. You really should put more consideration into the characters you suggest, rather than just suggest whoever strikes your fancy. Quality over quantity.
The way Super Smash Land represented Tower of Heaven (with a stage that would randomly select and announce a gameplay limitation from Tower of Heaven) was great, and unique, and would be the best way to incorporate some element of Tower of Heaven into Crusade. But, without ripping off Super Smash Land, I don't see this working. No support.

Though, Shaq, you should play Tower of Heaven. It's a free download, and playable in browser. Short, smart, intriqueing little game, with some sweet music.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 12:02 am

By rage game I meant a game that infuriates the player over difficulty usually through cheap tricks but Tower of Heaven uses clever puzzle-like rooms with secrets (2 in whole game) that make you go YES! when completed a rage game is simple at times but it takes the controls a premise of a simple game and takes them to the max. Thus not making the player rage over how completely impossible it is but how they could do better and their mistakes, examples of these games are;

~The Impossible Game
~Geometry Dash
~Tower of Heaven
~Cat Mario
and
~Unfair Sonic

These gmaes are really difficult but don't throw tutorials at you they simply show you the controls and throw you straight into the game, they are also rather fun.

Well, that's my definition of a rage game.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 12:18 am

Why does this have to do with Nintendo?
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 12:56 am

Ummm what??? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 1:22 am

This has 0 relevancy towards Nintendo. Heck, I've just heard of it. At least I heard of Cave Story, Shovel Knight and Shantae before requesting characters for smash was a thing. Not only that, they all have been on Nintendo consoles.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 1:49 am

Being on a Nintendo console is not a requirement anymore.
I would still say "no support", because Tower of Heaven is way to unknown of an indie game.
If any indie game character should be playable in Crusade, then it should be nobody else than Quote.
And screw Nicalis, we do what WE want!
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 2:06 am

Quote and Shovel Knight need to join Shantae quickly!
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 9:57 am

"Screw Nicalis, we do what WE want!" And get shut down.

Bring your Quote obsession elsewhere, please, Trinitro.

Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 11:16 am

Uhm...this is a non-profit fangame not hurting any sales, so we should not give a shit about a C&D by Nicalis.
Download link down? Just put it up again.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 2:12 pm

Lawsuit over copyright infringement of an intellectual property? Yeah, just ignore that. No biggie.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 5:50 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Uhm...this is a non-profit fangame not hurting any sales, so we should not give a shit about a C&D by Nicalis.
Download link down? Just put it up again.
Wow, you're more ignorant then I thought. If you cannot realize putting in Quote could destroy the game then I can't help you.

Also, putting Quote in a fighting game was tried before. Nicalis denied the offer to put in Quote, why would we be different
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion   Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Eid & The Deity (Tower of Heaven) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1