View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition Empty
PostSubject: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 4:55 pm

The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition Latest?cb=20141004153426

About: The Prince is the literal prince of the cosmos, son of the King of the Cosmos. His first game (Katamari Damacy) featured him rolling up items on Earth to make new stars as his father destroyed them all (accidentaly of course). His newest game (Katamari Forever) features him doing two things, trying to wake his dad up from infinite sleep and trying to fix the same mistake a Robot version of his dad did that the original game went over.

Why He's a Good Crusader: Even though the Prince and Katamari haven't been seen since the PS Vita launch, the games were simple, fun, and intuitive. The main goal was to roll everything up to make stars and planets in the sky. So I stylized princes move to this as he is a roller not a fighter. Some of his moves are done in tandem with his dad, The King, and as such, they are very powerful. In the actual games Prince is less then 3 cm, even though he has pushed a Katamari that was (Drum roll please) 100,000 meters! Although his size would match those of his opponents he would be much stronger than several of them as that Katamari was filled with buildings, cars, people, King Kong, Godzilla, Elephants, and more. I'm not saying that when he rolled up the sun the Katamari wouldn't have been heavy, it's just, it's space, it wouldn't have been heavy their. He is a Namco rep, if he got in there isn't that many Namco characters (Pac-Man and Klonoa).

Gimmicks:
Prince's gimmick is the Katamari, it has a growth meter that when filled up it grows by a small percent but it becomes easier to grow this continues on till it's maximum height of twice it's original amount. It also has the added ability of passive damage as I like to call it, when stuck to the Katamari or Prince walks/runs by the foe gets damaged by the Katamari equal to it's weight and it's hit box increases as the height does. He can also grab multiple foes at once.

Normals:

Jab: Prince revs up the Katamari in place contributing to the growth meter. Combos into itself infinitely (Sm4sh Mewtwo's Jab, Sm4sh Greninja's Jab, etc)
Up Tilt: Prince foes a flip over the Katamari damaging anyone in the flip radius (Side, above, downwards) doesn't contribute to growth meter.
Side Tilt: A push forwards with the Katamari, grants a speed boost and immediate running from stand still, contributes to Growth Meter.
Down Tilt: A slam downwards with the Katamari causing a shock wave around Prince

Aerials:

Neutral: Prince does a flip dragging the Katamari in a circle that slams foes in the direction hit
Side: Prince does a turn and then throws the Katamari taking foes with it as it falls, disappears after 2 seconds
Back: Prince pulls an item out of the Katamari and slaps it backwards (Items can be a table, a basketball, a fish, and a toy train) the items each have different knock back on them
Down: Prince throws the Katamari downwards if over land it bounces back up carrying Prince up a small bit, if not it just throws it off the stage
Up: Prince lifts the Katamari up, causing any Foe right above Prince to be trapped in the Katamari

Grabs:

Grab: A lurch forward sticking the opponent to the Katamari
Tackle: Not needed due to Passive Damage (See Gimmicks)
Up Throw: Prince launches the Katamari up for it to be shot with the King's lasers exploding it
Side Throw: Prince picks the opponent up off the Katamari throws them up slightly then swings the Katamari whacking them
Back Throw: Prince swings the Katamari backwards throwing it diagonally upwards.
Down Throw: Prince throws the Katamari downwards bouncing it upwards (Prince can smack the Katamari for further damage afterwards.

Specials:

Neutral: Revving up the Katamari, prince boosts forward if you press the special button again Prince lets go of the Katamari letting it roll off the platform or into a wall.
Side: The Katamari is stretched forwards slightly causing moving to be slower but damage from walking is slightly higher.
Down: Spawns another Katameri for Prince, if Prince already has a Katamari the one he spawns is thrown behind him and blows up into star dust.
Up: Prince jumps from the Katamari as it explodes into star dust

Final Smash:

Royal Rainbow:
Prince's Katamari gets grown to enormous proportions while a rainbow surrounds it, then it explodes violently covering the entire area, anyone stuck in the Katamari during this is instantly KO'd

Supporters:
(OmegaSteve777)
(Kzinssie)

Last edited by DestinyIntwined on Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:17 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Can you describe all the moves more, please?

And also, give good reasoning for why Prince should be in Smash. And you need to add the Grabs.

This whole thing's really incomplete so I can't judge it for now. From my understanding he's rolling on the Katamari?
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 4:59 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:

And also, give good reasoning for why Prince should be in Smash. And you need to add the Grabs.

This whole thing's really incomplete so I can't judge it for now. From my understanding he's rolling on the Katamari?

I can't really think of any grabs besides you being rolled up in the Katamari, and no he is rolling the Katamari by pushing it.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 5:01 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

I can't really think of any grabs besides you being rolled up in the Katamari, and no he is rolling the Katamari by pushing it.
Then you need to specify that. I have no idea what's going on in half the moves here.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 5:03 pm

He's more of a roller not a fighter, so most of his moves aren't from his games
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 5:04 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
...Okay, you're still not giving me information on the moveset.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:
...Okay, you're still not giving me information on the moveset.
Yeah ok, here I'll edit it.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 5:13 pm

there we go, edited
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Ok, thank you.

Still needs reasoning and grabs though.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 5:26 pm

yeah I'll work on it later
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 5:44 pm

Ok. I still can't give criticism, but when you complete it expect a write-up.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 5:52 pm

like a review?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 5:55 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
like a review?
Criticisms, what you can improve on, my thoughts on the thread. I guess you can call it a review that you can persuade.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 12:59 pm

k and edited
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:33 pm

First off, remove the shrinking effect from the Down Special.

The moveset is okay. It's not really anything special, honestly. He basically just smashes and throws with some rolling.

And the reasoning "he'd be interesting" isn't good reasoning. I meant like, how's he signifcant to gaming, relevant, popular, all that.

I still can't support. I can see you tried your best and you did pretty good, but I don't think I'll be supporting it.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:36 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:

The moveset is okay. It's not really anything special, honestly. He basically just smashes and throws with some rolling.

And the reasoning "he'd be interesting" isn't good reasoning. I meant like, how's he signifcant to gaming, relevant, popular, all that.

I still can't support. I can see you tried your best and you did pretty good, but I don't think I'll be supporting it.

In the actual game the lasers cause shrinking of the player so I'd thought it'd be good but I will edit this and make it better. Honestly to me he would be around Pheonix Wright's level of a Smash Brother but he would be fun to play as.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:45 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

In the actual game the lasers cause shrinking of the player so I'd thought it'd be good but I will edit this and make it better. Honestly to me he would be around Pheonix Wright's level of a Smash Brother but he would be fun to play as.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you're implying Wright isn't one of the most popular Capcom franchises ever then I'm not sure what to say.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:51 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you're implying Wright isn't one of the most popular Capcom franchises ever then I'm not sure what to say.

No I'm not saying that, he is one of the weakest Crusaders in the game so far.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:53 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

No I'm not saying that, he is one of the weakest Crusaders in the game so far.
Oh, alright. But that's not my issue. His reasoning outside of gameplay not existing is.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 2:00 pm

how about now? I changed some of the moves, but he really only does, in his games, smashing, rolling, and jumping (I added in throwing) so that's really why his moveset isn't diverse.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 2:02 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
how about now? I changed some of the moves, but he really only does, in his games, smashing, rolling, and jumping (I added in throwing) so that's really why his moveset isn't diverse.
It's better. Still not amazing but it's good enough for now. However, the problem is proper reasoning.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 2:23 pm

I am really bad at reasoning, for me it's just like, Here look at this you should put it in Crusade! Okay, bye.

So I'm gonna research him and get him better and better.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 2:34 pm

Ill support Prince
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Added why you should support, Shaq now can you look this guy over again.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 1:21 pm

Nope, still no support.

You still misunderstand what I mean by reasoning. How they'd be unique is great to include, but WHY include them in the first place?

Let's pretend them being unique, great moveset, all that stuff doesn't matter here. How are they relevant at all to gaming? You even admitted Prince is a bit behind on the times, and apparentally haven't been seen since 2011; that's a very long time.

And the Prince is not really the ideal Sony rep either; Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, Sackboy, those are the one's everyone is gonna recognize. Compared to those bad boys, Prince is pretty obscure. The game is wacky and charming and I love it's theme, but you have to admit that Prince is just not ideal for a Sony rep.

So what I ask for by reasoning is why they should be in besides their uniqueness and moveset. Look at my Jack Frost thread, for example, that should give you an idea of the reasoning.

But you've atleast improved the moveset and proved he'd be unique. You've improved, well done. Still can't support, but don't worry about me; worry about getting the support of everyone else.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 1:23 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Nope, still no support.

You still misunderstand what I mean by reasoning. How they'd be unique is great to include, but WHY include them in the first place?

Let's pretend them being unique, great moveset, all that stuff doesn't matter here. How are they relevant at all to gaming? You even admitted Prince is a bit behind on the times, and apparentally haven't been seen since 2011; that's a very long time.

And the Prince is not really the ideal Sony rep either; Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, Sackboy, those are the one's everyone is gonna recognize. Compared to those bad boys, Prince is pretty obscure. The game is wacky and charming and I love it's theme, but you have to admit that Prince is just not ideal for a Sony rep.

So what I ask for by reasoning is why they should be in besides their uniqueness and moveset. Look at my Jack Frost thread, for example, that should give you an idea of the reasoning.

But you've atleast improved the moveset and proved he'd be unique. You've improved, well done. Still can't support, but don't worry about me; worry about getting the support of everyone else.

Prince is Namco not Sony
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 1:56 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
Nope, still no support.

Prince is Namco not Sony
That so? Well, my apologies then, I'm not up to date on that.

Regardless, my other points still stand. Though the fact that he is a Namco rep significantly boosts his chances in my opinion. I've lived quite misguided about him being Sony for years, so perhaps I'll reconsider.

Well I just reconsidered while writing this post and there's not a ton of other Namco choices that'd fit like a glove like Prince does into Smash.

Him being a Sony rep was one of my main problems with it. Katamari's plenty popular, so if you can give more and better reasoning excluding his moveset/uniqueness you may have a supporter on your hands.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 2:31 pm

I just want to mention that he has actually had a game on the DSiWare (Korogashi Puzzle Katamari Damacy, though it was Japan-only). That gives him a small amount of Nintendo relevence. With 4 games on mobile and 1 on xbox 360, only about half of the series is on Sony systems.

The main thing I want to see is his playstyle - what makes this character unique? He has the potential, but I want to see it utilized. Maybe the katamari could get bigger and stronger the more he uses it (restting on death)?
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 3:34 pm

Roy wrote:
I just want to mention that he has actually had a game on the DSiWare (Korogashi Puzzle Katamari Damacy, though it was Japan-only). That gives him a small amount of Nintendo relevence. With 4 games on mobile and 1 on xbox 360, only about half of the series is on Sony systems.

The main thing I want to see is his playstyle - what makes this character unique? He has the potential, but I want to see it utilized. Maybe the katamari could get bigger and stronger the more he uses it (restting on death)?

Good idea! I'll add it in tonight or later.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 4:12 am

also bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition   The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition Empty

Back to top Go down

The Prince (Katamari) Discussion: The Remastered Edition
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next