Lucas's Zair bug

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IronedSandwich
Level 1 CPU

N/A

Lucas's Zair bug Empty
PostSubject: Lucas's Zair bug   Lucas's Zair bug EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 6:45 am

Lucas's Zair in this game is extremely short and not exactly the best move in the game, but it does have a bug which makes it slightly less punishable and therefore slightly less useless: the landing lag of it's active frames (if you land while it's out) doesn't cancel momentum or the attack, so if you are moving while using it you'll slide along the ground without Lucas's animation changing.

Sometimes this will be at about the speed of fully charged Spindash, sometimes this will be at a snail's pace not even making a tile/second on FD.

Although this is a bug, it doesn't make the game any less fair (Lucas still being weak) so there isn't that big of a deal.

EDIT: I've realised there is a bug report section, but I'm not a moderator so I can't move it there. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
TSF.Strife
Level 3 CPU
TSF.Strife

WulfenGale

Lucas's Zair bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas's Zair bug   Lucas's Zair bug EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 10:17 am

Lucas is top tier though.

EDIT - That's actually pretty useful, considering Lucas' Zair is a grab. I'm gonna lab with this.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Lucas's Zair bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas's Zair bug   Lucas's Zair bug EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 8:49 pm

DSwift wrote:

EDIT - That's actually pretty useful, considering Lucas' Zair is a grab. I'm gonna lab with this.

But there's no grab box on the aerial version, it's more akin to special sliding from 8.4 and earlier.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Lucas's Zair bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas's Zair bug   Lucas's Zair bug EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Yes there is a grab box, and yes this is basically special sliding.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Lucas's Zair bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas's Zair bug   Lucas's Zair bug EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 9:05 pm

Wait, so it changes to the grounded grab even though you started it in the air?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Lucas's Zair bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas's Zair bug   Lucas's Zair bug EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 10:57 pm

No. His Zair IS a grab.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Lucas's Zair bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas's Zair bug   Lucas's Zair bug EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 5:29 am

Now I'm really confused, since when was this? And does he have aerial throws like Klonoa?
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

Lucas's Zair bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas's Zair bug   Lucas's Zair bug EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 7:13 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Now I'm really confused, since when was this? And does he have aerial throws like Klonoa?

Nah, it's like a forward-throwing command grab.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Lucas's Zair bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas's Zair bug   Lucas's Zair bug EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 12:45 pm

Damn dude, just take 5 minutes to open the game up and use the move once yourself. Would've been a lot quicker than this. It's been like this for a very long time, probably since Lucas has been in the game.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Lucas's Zair bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas's Zair bug   Lucas's Zair bug EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:15 am

I guess you're right, but to be fair Light is the only person who uses Lucas against me in Crusade and he never used Zair at all so I didn't really have a reason to assume it works differently than console.
Back to top Go down
IronedSandwich
Level 1 CPU

N/A

Lucas's Zair bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas's Zair bug   Lucas's Zair bug EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 9:39 am

DSwift wrote:
meh... maybe.
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

Lucas's Zair bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas's Zair bug   Lucas's Zair bug EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 12:03 pm

IronedSandwich wrote:
DSwift wrote:
meh... maybe.

Almost certainly.
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

Lucas's Zair bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas's Zair bug   Lucas's Zair bug EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 12:47 pm

Alright, I just found this out today and was ready to share this with the forums. Was hoping to be the first to figure this out, but gg OP. If you want to see this video I prepared not knowing this was already a thing, here you go. (Sorry about the screen size btw)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lucas's Zair bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas's Zair bug   Lucas's Zair bug Empty

Back to top Go down

Lucas's Zair bug
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: Character Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com