Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 1:29 pm

thebuddyadrian wrote:
Shaq: MGS created Stealth games. Big Boss should be in.
Everyone: Yeah I agree with that

Me: We need a PaRappa rep because PaRappa created rhythm games.
Everyone: Who cares.
I'm sorry your precious PS1 dorky dog has negative reception. You seem to be fond of "dorky", though, judging by how you put down my Rhythm Heaven wants.

Lol, I'm not complaining about Poochy in other threads. Oh wait, maybe that's because Poochy, when I reworked him, actually is a good choice to be in the game.

Pretty sick and tired of you discoursing everything for Parappa. Now, would you like to give some useful feedback?

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
Up Tilt: Big Boss swipes both hands upward, stretching his arms out (just for you)

This is the only reason I'm supporting this.

In all seriousness, this is superb. As usual. Great job, Shaq. You've done a fellow MGS lover proud. Love the specials. Love the whole thing. Enormous support.

I think the costume should be either default Phantom Pain or Metal Gear/Guns of the Patriots, with his cliche-but-nonetheless-sinister long coat. Or maybe a combination of the two. Like, he has the coat, but one sleeve is rolled up to show off the Bionic Arm, and under the coat he has his green outfit. I feel like tan and green are Big Boss' main colors, like how grey and blue are Solid Snake's. Plus, they help distinguish him (along with the arm and eye-patch).

Also, Trinitro, Big Boss is (sort of) the main antagonist of the franchise. Or, at least, his corrupted ideology is. Revolver Ocelot is arguably the main antagonist, since he was a villain in MGS, MGS 2, and MGS 4, and is possibly THE most recurring character. But I digress. Big Boss is definitely the driving antagonistic force to Solid Snake's heroism. The rival would probably be Grey Fox.
Thank you Ottsel. I just feel that his MGS4 appearance is by far too spoilerific and not really what I think he'd wear to a battle, to be honest.

Thing is we don't even need a rival triangle like Trinitro thinks, otherwise show me who the rival for Ristar is gonna be

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
Also, the one thing I thought could be changed about the moveset is that, rather than piloting Metal Gear REX, Big Boss pilots the original Metal Gear. I know REX is more iconic, but Metal Gear seems more fitting. Plus, I think he did pilot that one. Could totally be wrong.
Great idea. Maybe it could randomly be one or the other.

Thanks again, means a lot

Slissith wrote:
thebuddyadrian wrote:

Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 Facepalm_400x400
And thank you Sliss
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 2:11 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Thing is we don't even need a rival triangle like Trinitro thinks, otherwise show me who the rival for Ristar is gonna be
I don't think you can compare a big franchise like Metal Gear, with a big amount of important and memorable characters, with a single-game franchise like Ristar, where the only memorable character was, well, Ristar (and even Ristar being memorable is highly debatable, but that's not the point here).
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 2:12 pm

PH gave a pretty darn good example as to why pattern aren't always the best.
And just because a character is an alt doesn't mean they aren't taking up roster space, it's still a full character. If you mean a physical square, sure, but that isn't an issue yet.

thebuddyadrian wrote:

Someone do the grandma from Cookie Clicker, stat. It created a genre, you know.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_genres#Idle_gaming

Last edited by Dustination on Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 2:22 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
I don't think you can compare a big franchise like Metal Gear, with a big amount of important and memorable characters, with a single-game franchise like Ristar, where the only memorable character was, well, Ristar (and even Ristar being memorable is highly debatable, but that's not the point here).
Actually I totally can. You not once specified popularity played into the triangle thing.

Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 7:08 pm

Any time, Shaq!

Didn't he wear essentially the same outfit in MG? Or, at least, in the artwork?

Also Cookie Grandma support
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 7:15 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
Any time, Shaq!

Didn't he wear essentially the same outfit in MG? Or, at least, in the artwork?

He indeed did. I just think his MGS5/MGS3 outfit is better for him. Also, his MGS4/MG design is a costume, in a way.

Also lmao tru
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 12:06 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
Actually I totally can. You not once specified popularity played into the triangle thing.

Yeah, I did not specified popularity, because there exist a thing called "common sense".
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 11:06 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

Yeah, I did not specified popularity, because there exist a thing called "common sense".
Yeah, which you have none of, buddy. As evidenced by you making up a character triangle mechanic even a dev shot down.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:

Does this mean I can add you to the support list? lol
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 5:10 pm

Updated with support list and a thank you note!
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 8:43 pm

Smash Attacks added, and so is Dust as a supporter! Wow!
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 7:47 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 7:50 pm

Braystar wrote:
Support
Glad you took my advice mang
Back to top Go down
FowardShift
Level 1 CPU
FowardShift

N/A

PostSubject: Amazing!   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 5:28 pm

I will totally support this!
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 5:36 pm

FowardShift wrote:
I will totally support this!
Thank you! I love your entire profile!
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:26 pm

The Fulton sounds fun, and Big Boss is a favorite character. Support.

TPP spoilers here:
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 1:20 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
The Fulton sounds fun, and Big Boss is a favorite character. Support.

TPP spoilers here:
Thanks!

TPP MAJOR SPOILERS:
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 1:23 pm

Yet more TPP spoilers - sorry for those who haven't played it and have to click through all this:
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 1:28 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
Yet more TPP spoilers - sorry for those who haven't played it and have to click through all this:
REALLY BIG TPP SPOILERS DUDES:
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 7:26 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:

EVEN MORE TPP SPOILERS:
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 1:20 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

EVEN MORE TPP SPOILERS:
TPP Spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 8:23 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
TPP Spoilers:

SPPOOILERSS:
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 10:42 am

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
TPP Spoilers:

SPPOOILERSS:
TPP Spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 1:04 pm

TFW everyone is arguing about spoilers
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Honestly people are overhyping the spoiler, I went into TPP spoiled and still enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
TPP Spoilers:

SPELLERS:
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 7:48 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 3:45 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
TPP Spoilers:

SPELLERS:
We were arguing due to miscommunication.

Braystar wrote:
Spoiler:
Nice snark, but this is actually essential to the thread. I really couldn't care less about the spoilers because it's not like we'll be seeing much else besides supports in this thread.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 6:05 pm

He seems cool although I haven't personally played any MG games, I still think it would be cool if Snake got a second rep.

Support
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher   Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Discussion: I'm Already A Smasher
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2