Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) Empty
PostSubject: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 11:18 pm

Only, in the ancient legends it is stated, that one day an undead shall be chosen to leave the undead asylum, in pilgrimage, to the land of ancient lords, Lordran.

Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) Latest?cb=20131106212307

The "chosen undead" is the player character in Dark Souls. As it is the main character in an action RPG, there are a lot of options for builds, with a wide variety in weaponry, spells, etc.

Why should Dark Souls be represented? It is one of the most well-known and popular franchises as of right now. While it doesn't have any Nintendo relevence, its significance can't be ignored as it is heralded (perhaps unfairly) as bringing back difficulty to gaming.

Why Chosen Undead, over other characters within Dark Souls? He is the player character. There's also the Souls 2 variation but most people prefer the first game. He brings a more clunky swordsman playstyle to the game that isn't seen. In addition, he can actually bring Solaire to the fight, forming a sort of duo that can be challenging to go up against.

Playstyle:
True to Dark Souls, the Chosen Undead feels clunky. He's fairly slow and has a lot of start up on his attacks. But he is very strong when he connects, and has a lot more range than most heavy characters. In a way, he feels like a slower Ike, but has a very strong summon to compensate.

He carries a longsword and a standard (heater) shield, the default items for the Warrior class. He also has a few other various items as well - notably a catalyst, talisman, and pyromancy glove for casting spells.

Moveset: (To be completed)

Passive: Heater Shield
While in a passive (non-attacking) state, Chosen Undead will block projectiles automatically with his shield. He will still get knocked back slightly depending on the power of the projectile, though.

Roll:
An important thing to note here is that his roll animation goes further than most characters, but he's not invulnerable for the entirety of the roll.

A: Longsword
A fairly quick downward slash, followed by an upward slash. It's his fastest move by far.

Forward Tilt: Kick
The Chosen Undead performs a quick kick. It comes out relatively quickly compared to most of his moves and causes a lot of hitlag on an opponent with minimal knockback, allowing a potential followup if it connects.

Up Tilt: Upward Strike
He brings his sword to his side facing downward, and strikes in an upward motion to above his head. Has a fairly strong upward knockback.

Down Tilt: Combustion
After charging a bit of flame in his pyromancy glove, he puts his hand out, creating an explosion of fire in front of him. Deals quite a bit of damage, though the knockback isn't as good as a lot of his other attacks.

Dash Attack: Leap Strike
He puts his arm behind his head, leaps forward and thrusts his sword forward. It deals a good amount of damage and knockback and doesn't take too long to come out.

Forward Smash: Thrust
He leans back, and thrusts the longsword forward. It deals a tremendous amount of damage and knockback, but takes a while to come out.

Up Smash: Fire Whip
Using the pyromancy glove, he puts his hands above his head and channels. After releasing, he waves his hands around above him, creating waves of fire that deal multiple powerful hits before ejecting.

Down Smash: Gravelord Dance
Clutching a talisman, he kneels down and slams the ground, causing red, glowing blades to spout out of the ground around him, causing a large amount of damage and knockback. It is one of his slowest moves to come out, however.

Neutral Aerial: Force
He puts his hands together, clutching a talisman, before a wave of force is emitted from him. Deals a large amount of knockback, but very little damage. A grounded opponent is instead knocked prone.

Forward Aerial: Longsword Swipe
He puts his arm back before swinging his sword in front of him. It's very strong for an aerial and doesn't have that long of a windup compared to his other moves.

Downward Aerial: Plunge
The Chosen Undead takes his sword and thrusts it downward as he plummets. If he lands on an opponent, they get stunned momentarily before receiving knockback, enough time for him to get off and land on the ground.

Grab: Standard grab, nothing special. He grabs with his shield hand.

Pummel: Hilt Bash
He takes the hilt of the longsword and bashes it into the helpless opponent.

Forward Throw: Front Slash
He performs a 2-hit combo on his helpless opponent - first he slams his sword into the opponent, then does a second swing that follows through, knocking away the helpless opponent.

Up Throw: White Dragon Breath
He drops the opponent, and shoots a laser beam from a catalyst at the opponent, causing crystals to sprout under, causing upward knockback leaving the opponent airborne after. The knockback doesn't scale well with % but it allows a potential followup.

Back Throw: Homing Soulmass
After chucking the opponent a short distance behind him, he summons 5 glowing blue orbs above his head with a catalyst, which rush into the flying opponent. Similar to Mewtwo's forward throw.

Down Throw: Poison Mist
He slams the opponent into the ground, and uses the pyromancy glove to emit a poison mist, dealing damage over time to the opponent for ~5 seconds. While it has no knockback, it is his most damaging throw.

Neutral Special: Summon Solaire
A glowing white symbol appears under him, so he kneels down and touches it. After 15 seconds, Solaire is summoned! He is actually quite competent, using his own sword and throwing lightning spears. After taking a set amount of damage, Solaire is defeated and dissapears. Once that happens, this goes on cooldown, and he can't be summoned again for 1 minute.

Side Special: Parry
An important move within the Souls franchise, he takes his shield and swings it in front of him. It comes out extremely fast and outprioritizes most physical attacks, stunning the attacker long enough for a follow up. However, if you miss with the parry, there is a lot of endlag, meaning he ends up vulnerable.
If it is used again while an opponent is stunned from the parry, he will thrust his sword through the opponent, before taking it out. The opponent takes an immense amount of damage and collapses, prone on the ground.
If this attack is used when an opponent is facing the opposite direction and is close enough, instead the Chosen Undead will thrust his sword through the unsuspecting opponent, stunning them momentarily as the opponent takes a large amount of damage before kicking him/her off (which leaves the opponent prone on the ground).

Up Special: Homeward Bone
He kneels down (or 'crouches' in midair) and a smal flame will move in a specified direction. After a second of cast time (or longer if held down), a light surrounds him and he teleports to the flame, which turns into a bonfire before dissapearing. While the recovery distance is very large and he is invulnerable during the teleport itself, it has no offensive value and is easy to stop.

Down Special: Tranquil Walk of Peace
He kneels down, clutching a talisman. An energy field then erupts around him, slowing down any nearby opponents temporarily.

Final Smash: Asylum Demon
A fog door appears in the background, before dispersing. A giant demon drops from the sky onto the stage! It can swing its club around and jump-slam to hurt nearby foes. It can even hurt the Chosen Undead, so be careful! It also lasts until it is killed, unlike most 'temporary' final smashes, so it can become a real pain if not dealt with quickly.

Taunt: Praise the Sun!
He puts his hands to his toes, then raises them skyward in a Y shape.

Up Taunt: Estus Flask
He takes out an orange flask and attempts to drink from it. However, finding it empty, he holds it upside down in front of him before putting it away.

Down Taunt: Orange Soapstone
He crouches down and writes a message, leaving a glowing orange note in an undicepherable language.
(It actually reads 'Amazing Chest Ahead')

Supporters:
Roy

Last edited by Roy on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:46 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:57 am

Hmmm nah. Yes, it's iconic, but it's a rage game. Not that fun. It also may have to do with a guy cosplaying as this guy giving me (And a whole crowd) the finger
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 11:59 am

A good challenge is fun. Not rage.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 1:54 pm

..I gotta be honest, uh, no. Remember, it's only 4 years old, for one thing, and has 2 currently released games (I realize a 3rd is announced)

And another thing....I just can't see it. This may be hypocritical, but I can certainly see CC and Heavy, I just..Chosen Undead is very out of place with the cartoony cast of SSBC, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:58 pm

so is Solid Snake
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:23 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
so is Solid Snake
Solid Snake.

CREATED A GENRE. MGS is one of the most famous gaming franchises EVER. Snake is an iconic protagonist. But here's the hard hitter;

Was Chosen Undead in Brawl? No, he was not, and Snake was, so why WOULDN'T we include someone who's already a veteran, cartoony or not?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:40 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
..I gotta be honest, uh, no. Remember, it's only 4 years old, for one thing, and has 2 currently released games (I realize a 3rd is announced)

And another thing....I just can't see it. This may be hypocritical, but I can certainly see CC and Heavy, I just..Chosen Undead is very out of place with the cartoony cast of SSBC, to be honest.
The series already has 3 games (4 if you count Bloodborne). Demon's Souls exists, you know. Dark Souls came out in 2011, you can't argue that it wasn't in Brawl. I mean, Robin and Shulk weren't in Brawl. 'Veteran' status means nothing - I'll be awaiting Dark Pit and Lucina if it does. But in any case, being only 4 years old is also a bad argument. Inkling isn't even 1 year old and she is one of the most supported characters!

I do agree about him not really fitting in... he does fit in better than characters like Kratos and Nathan Drake, though that's not saying much.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 6:30 pm

Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

The series already has 3 games (4 if you count Bloodborne). Demon's Souls exists, you know. Dark Souls came out in 2011, you can't argue that it wasn't in Brawl. I mean, Robin and Shulk weren't in Brawl. 'Veteran' status means nothing - I'll be awaiting Dark Pit and Lucina if it does. But in any case, being only 4 years old is also a bad argument. Inkling isn't even 1 year old and she is one of the most supported characters!

I do agree about him not really fitting in... he does fit in better than characters like Kratos and Nathan Drake, though that's not saying much.
Smash 4 came out when the latest version of Smash Crusade came out. When development started, Brawl was still very relevant and recent. Snake was in Brawl. Snake is a 3rd party, for one thing. Why should we exclude any of the 3rd parties?

Inkling is a 1st party character from the newest Nintendo IP. It's not a good rebuttal; Inkling is 1st party, a new IP, already has tons of supporters in mainline Smash.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 6:45 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Smash 4 came out when the latest version of Smash Crusade came out. When development started, Brawl was still very relevant and recent. Snake was in Brawl. Snake is a 3rd party, for one thing. Why should we exclude any of the 3rd parties?

Inkling is a 1st party character from the newest Nintendo IP. It's not a good rebuttal; Inkling is 1st party, a new IP, already has tons of supporters in mainline Smash.
Why doesn't Smash 4 have Snake, then?

Ok, if not Inkling, then what about Shovel Knight? The only reason Chosen Undead isn't thought about for the official Smash titles is that he has no Nintendo relevence, which we don't have to worry about.

Personally, I'm against Snake. I feel like Chosen Undead fits better than him, and from what I can see, Souls is more popular than MGS at the moment. But to each their own.
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

Ok, if not Inkling, then what about Shovel Knight? The only reason Chosen Undead isn't thought about for the official Smash titles is that he has no Nintendo relevence, which we don't have to worry about.

Personally, I'm against Snake. I feel like Chosen Undead fits better than him, and from what I can see, Souls is more popular than MGS at the moment. But to each their own.
MGS5 came out, what? A month ago? and you're arguing Souls is more popular? I'm sorry, I must have missed something.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:45 pm

Leafyon wrote:
MGS5 came out, what? A month ago? and you're arguing Souls is more popular? I'm sorry, I must have missed something.
I haven't seen anything about MGSV since about a week after it came out, and I still see things about Souls regularly. Maybe I'm just in the wrong part of the internet?

It might also be because I'm associating anything with 'V' in its title to GTAV, and any screenshots of MGSV that don't involve that girl look like they came from Call of Duty. Anything with a guy and a gun looks the same to me, pretty much, and I need to use the background elements to know what game it is (city = GTA, desert = CoD, etc).
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 12:04 am

I see. Well I still hear a lot about the game. It may also be because MGS: online hasn't been released for pc yet, but who knows. Tbh I hear nothing about the Souls games, so perhaps i'm on the on the wrong part of the internet. lol.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 1:56 pm

Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

I don't know, because of Konami's woes, and Kojima quitting, and Sakurai's own decisions?

...You think Souls is more popular then MGS..Can I remind you MGSV, released last month, has gotten numerous 10/10's from large publications?
And, also, you think a personalityless swordsman who slaughters numerous innocents and demons is more fitting then Snake..I...I can't agree with you there.

Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 5:31 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
...You think Souls is more popular then MGS..Can I remind you MGSV, released last month, has gotten numerous 10/10's from large publications?
And, also, you think a personalityless swordsman who slaughters numerous innocents and demons is more fitting then Snake..I...I can't agree with you there.
If reviews are so important, we need a GTA character in asap. There's also the fact that Souls is still going strong even without being a recent release...

Yes, I believe Link and Lucina are more fitting than Snake. Chosen Undead, too.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 6:55 pm

Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
If reviews are so important, we need a GTA character in asap. There's also the fact that Souls is still going strong even without being a recent release...

Yes, I believe Link and Lucina are more fitting than Snake. Chosen Undead, too.
My entire point was that Snake's games are still being very positively received. MGS is not doing bad at any kind of definition of the word.

And? A series going "better" then another series (which is a complete lie, MGS is by far doing better then Dark Souls if you mean all time wise)

Difference; Link and Lucina aren't really gritty at all, and are from first party franchises. Chosen Undead is super gritty and from a third party franchise. Big gap, big difference.

Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 8:05 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
My entire point was that Snake's games are still being very positively received. MGS is not doing bad at any kind of definition of the word.

And? A series going "better" then another series (which is a complete lie, MGS is by far doing better then Dark Souls if you mean all time wise)

Difference; Link and Lucina aren't really gritty at all, and are from first party franchises. Chosen Undead is super gritty and from a third party franchise. Big gap, big difference.
I never said it was doing bad? Yeah MGS is doing better all time wise since it's been around a lot longer.

You just said 'personalityless swordsman who slaughters demons', which could apply to a lot of characters. Maybe I haven't played enough MGS, but Solid Snake isn't any better - he's just a war soldier type like any other. MGS is (from what I can see) more 'gritty' with stuff like firefights (a sniper shootout was one of the 'boss' fights) and a torture segment, as opposed to taking a sword and cutting into a zombie / demon. I'm just saying that I believe Dark Souls is more like a Nintendo game than Metal Gear Solid.

Besides, there's nothing I can do about Snake, he's in the game, nothing I can do. This topic is if Chosen Undead should also be in the game. I understand you don't think he should be in the game, you can leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 8:17 pm

metal gear is srs business

Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 1:26 pm

Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

I never said it was doing bad? Yeah MGS is doing better all time wise since it's been around a lot longer.

You just said 'personalityless swordsman who slaughters demons', which could apply to a lot of characters. Maybe I haven't played enough MGS, but Solid Snake isn't any better - he's just a war soldier type like any other. MGS is (from what I can see) more 'gritty' with stuff like firefights (a sniper shootout was one of the 'boss' fights) and a torture segment, as opposed to taking a sword and cutting into a zombie / demon. I'm just saying that I believe Dark Souls is more like a Nintendo game than Metal Gear Solid.

Besides, there's nothing I can do about Snake, he's in the game, nothing I can do. This topic is if Chosen Undead should also be in the game. I understand you don't think he should be in the game, you can leave it at that.
Yeah, you haven't played any MGS. I can't blame you; I thought it was just gritty and serious before I got into it, as well.

MGS is so gritty, as evidenced by the fact you can have numerous soldiers salute a puppy after you slam them all to the ground. After doing this, you can put on your radio to the noises of a man on the toilet.

Snake is a very highly developed character. He has his own sorrows and feels that he needs war to get things done in life. He feels intense guilt for numerous of his actions, and isn't a cold war soldier. Not trying to insult you by saying this last thing, I just found it funny because there's a certain character who feels the exact same way you do in MGS1 and MGS4.

Spookstination wrote:
metal gear is srs business

Thanks, Dust. Yeah, that's another thing; you can have a humongous titan of a man give you a speech about how he was gonna play football before he slams you into orbit, and then drops one of the most memorable quotes of MGS as a whole (in my opinion)

It's NOT a serious game.

And Dark Souls is more of an Nintendo game then MGS.....

....But MGS has actually been released on Nintendo consoles??
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 3:23 pm

Now you're going too far in the other direction by saying MGS is not serious at all. There are some very serious parts, in fact the majority of it is. I could post a myriad of epic/emotional/war type very serious stuff from MGS. It really has both. The non-serious stuff is very comical, but it's comic relief in an otherwise gritty series.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 4:08 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
Now you're going too far in the other direction by saying MGS is not serious at all.  There are some very serious parts, in fact the majority of it is.  I could post a myriad of epic/emotional/war type very serious stuff from MGS.  It really has both.  The non-serious stuff is very comical, but it's comic relief in an otherwise gritty series.
Yeah, I misworded it; you're correct, MGS is a very serious series, but not nearly as serious as several make it out to be, like what's going on right now. It's a mix of both; I wouldn't say the comic relief's a minor element, but I do agree it's not the major force at all.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 9:07 pm

I've been avoiding this argument for a while, mainly because I have a habit of avoiding nuclear war, but I wanted to pipe in with a few things before swiftly evacuating.

Metal Gear titles on Nintendo consoles: Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (a Gamecube exclusive)

Souls games on Nintendo consoles:...

Souls games clearly and/or heavily inspired by Nintendo games:...

Mainline Metal Gear games: 8 (9 if you count Ground Zeroes as anything other than a prelude to Phantom Pain)

Overall Metal Gear games: AHHHHHHHH

Overall Souls games: 4 (granted, soon to be 5), counting Bloodborne

Metal Gear Solid: serious, but fun and campy stealth shooter with often ridiculous comic relief and a storyline so crazy and convoluted, despite being grounded in a realistic setting, it makes Kingdom Hearts look like a child's bedtime story

Souls: gory, visually disturbing, brutally hard hack n' slash with very little humor and a nearly completely serious storyline that has the nerve to be relatively easy to follow

Metal Gear Protagonists: each is unique and clearly defined, with their own inner turmoils and nuances (also, there's multiple Snakes; I assume you were referring to Solid up above, but so that it's known, there's four: Solid/Old, Liquid, Solidus, and Naked/Punished/Venom)

Souls Protagonists: yes, the player is supposed to project themselves onto the character they create, but this means that the character has no defined, well, character. Nothing about them is really unique other than what you head-canon about them

If the question is: does the Chosen Undead (or any Souls character) have any more reason to be in than Solid Snake, the answer is a definitive no, at least from, based on all this. If the question is: does the Chosen Undead have a reason to be in Crusade, then I'd have to say his moveset is about all he's got going for him.

Sorry, Roy. You make great suggestions, and you're my bro here when it comes to ps2 platformers, but no support from me. The only Souls game that I actually like is Bloodborne, and even then that's just because of the Grumps.

Last edited by Naughty Ottsel on Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 9:13 am

Appreciate your comment about this, Ottsel. You make a lot of good points and I totally agree with it.

But it's due to me this thread has become a war against the Chosen Undead. I know Roy, as always, tried his very best with this, and he did good (I never did compliment the moveset; I can't say it's super unique, but it's pretty good).

So, let's just get this thread back on track.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 7:32 pm

I mostly enjoy this moveset that you constructed so far. It seems fairly new as far as sword-wielders go, but try to get more creative if you can, especially when designing his other moves.

Make sure you're not just making aerials exclusively in the fashion of "Swing his sword [this way]". It's obvious that you took the time to stick to canonical abilities, but crawl through the game and see what else you can do with this character, because it seems to me that a lot of these powers are things you find at the bare minimum of the game. Most of these abilities are accessible within the first couple areas. The final smash being the Asylum Demon seems shaky as well.

Finally, when asked why the Chosen Undead should be playable, you should answer with what he would add to Crusade that isn't yet present or why his presence is important in gaming, which you did, but either restate or drag that piece over to your reasoning. For example, yes, he is the main character of Dark Souls, but it's also true that the main character of Fairly Odd Parents is Timmy Turner, however that does not justify a roster slot. Just an example, not to mock.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 1:59 am

No backstab mechanic.

No 1 handed / 2 handed switch mechanic.

0/10
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 6:57 pm

Talked with Slissith a bit and decided to use magic and an extremely unique neutral special, essentially turning the battle into a 2v1 to compensate for his slow attacks. He also has a new down special, allowing him to even the speed playing field.

The moveset isn't complete yet, but it's improved a lot.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 10:44 pm

Definitely an improvement. I do still agree with Sliss' above post, it would be interesting to bring in those mechanics.

His neutral special cooldown shouldn't even begin until the existing solaire dies though imo.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 11:15 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
Definitely an improvement.  I do still agree with Sliss' above post, it would be interesting to bring in those mechanics.

His neutral special cooldown shouldn't even begin until the existing solaire dies though imo.
Backstab was implemented into side special. The two-handed mechanic seems like an excessive amount of spriting and not worth it, imo.

Good idea with the cooldown, but perhaps shorten it in that case. I'll change it now.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 6:55 pm

I'd just like to add that it seems that Dark Souls might be gaining some slight Nintendo relevance.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/dark-souls-iii-nintendo-switch-rumor/

That being said, support.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 7:09 pm

Support Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)   Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) Empty

Back to top Go down

Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1