ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheMysteriousThree
Level 3 CPU
TheMysteriousThree

N/A

ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? Empty
PostSubject: ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not?   ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 6:28 pm

ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? ToeJamEarl-BITG-200

As I mentioned to LEGO Shaq in my Wild Woody post, duos are a pain to program into a Smash Bros. fangame. Heck, The Ice Climbers almost didn't make it in the final roster because of that!

But still, ToeJam and Earl were gaming icons. Heck, it's debatable they were SEGA's go-to franchise back in the day other than Sonic.

The story for these two funky aliens are that they're from the Planet Funk-O-Tron, and they crashland on Earth. Their mission? Come to contrary belief, they just want to go home! So they have to assemble their Righteous Rapmaster Rocketship using the pieces that have been scattered through earth after they crashlanded.

If you have a friend, these games are a blast to play. It's retro co-op gaming at its finest.

Standard Attacks:
Main: ToeJam and Earl deliver a pimp-slap.
Side: ToeJam and Earl swing their arms forward in windmill formation.
Up: ToeJam and Earl deliver upwards headbutts.
Down: ToeJam and Earl plant some rosebushes, which last for 3 seconds or until it pricks an opponent.
Running: ToeJam and Earl rush forward using a pair of Super Hi-Tops.

SMASH Attacks:
Side: Earl loads a tomato into ToeJam's slingshot, who shoots it.
Up: Earl hands ToeJam a coin, who flips it in the air.
Down: Earl does the splits. On rare occasions, a rip will be heard, causing a humorous animation where Earl says, "Oops..." and ToeJam facepalms.

Air Attacks:
Main: ToeJam and Earl swat their hands forward.
Forward: ToeJam and Earl kick out their legs.
Backwards: ToeJam and Earl give a sneaky elbow slam.
Up: Earl throws a smelly rotten cabbage into the air, which also deals damage if anyone accidentally eats it.
Down: Earl does a bellyflop as ToeJam thrusts all three of his legs to the ground.

Grabs:
NOTE: Only Earl can grab enemies. If Earl is KO'd, ToeJam can only grab and pummel.
Pummel: ToeJam slaps his opponent across the face.
Forward: Earl throws his opponent over his head.
Backwards: Earl spins his opponent around and then slams them away with his elbow.
Up: Earl headbutts his opponent upward.
Down: Earl throws his opponent to the ground and sits on them.

SPECIAL MOVES:
Standard Special: Trap-O-Matic Jars
ToeJam and Earl toss two jars at their opponent. If only one makes contact, it'll only deal minor damage. But if both make contact, the opponent will become trapped inside the jar and anyone can grab and throw them. However, after they've been thrown, the jar breaks and the opponent is freed. The opponent can also mash buttons to become free. However, there is a rare occurrence that ToeJam and Earl will throw Super Jars. The Super Jar only requires to make contact once to trap the player, and can be grabbed and tossed up to three times before breaking. Opponents can still break free from this as well, but it takes longer.

Side Special: Rocket Skates
ToeJam and Earl start to zip across the arena ridiculously fast using a pair of Rocket Skates. By pressing B + Side repeatedly, The Rocket Skates go faster and do more damage if made contact. To stop The Rocket Skates, simply hit down.

Up Special: Wing Present
ToeJam and Earl open a present and now wield a pair of Icarus Wings. Depending on which wings they have will determine how many times they can flap to safety. A Normal Set of Icarus Wings allows 4 flaps, Double-Time Wings allow 8 flaps, and Triple-Time Wings allow 12.

Down Special: Bubble Shield
For 3 seconds, ToeJam and Earl are immune to damage. Also, bumping into The Bubble Sheild will push the opponent back (although it won't hurt them) and any projectile attack will restore minor health.

Final Smash: BoomBox
Earl holds out a BoomBox and plants it on the ground. Giving off a funky-fresh sound, anyone close by the BoomBox will be rendered hapless with uncontrollable taunting. This gives ToeJam and Earl plenty of time to deal some damage. But be careful! Because after 10 seconds of being active, The BoomBox will explode, harming anyone nearby!

Entry: ToeJam and Earl's Rapmaster Rocketship crashland onto the arena. Upon emerging from the smoke and rubble, ToeJam says to Earl, "I shoulda NEVA let you drive..."

Taunt: ToeJam and Earl give each other a high-five. This also changes who the leader is. ToeJam is quick but weak, whereas Earl is slow but strong.

Win Pose: ToeJam and Earl walk into an elevator, which makes some noises and then vanishes.

Lose: ToeJam and Earl faint as their spirits float away.

So what'dya think?

Last edited by TheMysteriousThree on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not?   ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 6:52 pm

Now these are two characters I could get behind!

But I'm still considering supporting. So right now, no support, but great moveset.

Also, the IC's were never in danger of being cut from any installment except Smash 4...
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not?   ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 6:55 pm

yes pls

support
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not?   ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 7:19 pm

I'd be ok with ToeJam and Earl, actually, but I need to see more before supporting.

Also, the neutral and down specials are rediculously overpowered...
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not?   ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Probably make it limited or something. Such as you can only use it once every minute or something.
Back to top Go down
TheMysteriousThree
Level 3 CPU
TheMysteriousThree

N/A

PostSubject: Re: ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not?   ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 7:48 pm

OK, Full moveset is here. I also gave some limitations and flaws in their neutral special (opponents can now break free) and down special (decreased the time it lasts).

I tried to base their moves on teamwork, since, after all, that's what their games were all about. Let me know if y'all think of anything else...
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not?   ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:55 pm

Oh man, I remember these two! Played T&E 2 a lot with my brother when I was in elementary school. I definitely support!
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not?   ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:27 pm

Bubble shield is still really strong... immune to damage for 3 seconds? Plus PSI Magnet and bumping back?

I could imagine if you had to hold down the button and didn't have the PSI magnet property, while also suffering knockback as usual...
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not?   ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 9:58 am

I support. These two seems like they would make an interesting playstyle.

But I do have one question: if these two are decided to be playable characters, will their design be based on the most recent (future) installment of the Toejam and Earl franchise, or based on their old designs?
Back to top Go down
TheMysteriousThree
Level 3 CPU
TheMysteriousThree

N/A

PostSubject: Re: ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not?   ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 1:17 pm

Pakeli wrote:
But I do have one question: if these two are decided to be playable characters, will their design be based on the most recent (future) installment of the Toejam and Earl franchise, or based on their old designs?

I like both designs, but I would go for the most recent.

After all, if the crew uses custom sprites, we might as well...
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not?   ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 7:18 pm

In truth though, most people remember ToeJam & Earl (or at least the few that do) thanks to their first two game, not the new one. I wouldn't oppose the Back in the Groove designs but please for the mother of god no TJ&E III please.
Back to top Go down
TheMysteriousThree
Level 3 CPU
TheMysteriousThree

N/A

PostSubject: Re: ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not?   ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:08 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
but please for the mother of god no TJ&E III please.

...I actually find TJ&E III the second best game in the series...at least until BitG comes out, in which I'll have to judge that, and--OH, you know what I mean.

Also, The Bubble Shield comes from game three, as do the concept of Double and Triple Time Wings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not?   ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not? Empty

Back to top Go down

ToeJam & Earl Discussion: Because Why The Funk Not?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1