HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Master Chief (Halo) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
coolmancool
Level 1 CPU


  7
  N/A

PostSubject: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:26 am

Here my first character topic, so lets get started.

Why Master Chief? Well,w have a rep for all major company(Mario for Nintendo,Sonic for SEGA,Crash for Sony)but nobody from Microsoft. Its here that Master Chief come into play.Its basically their most iconic(and only one)character if you don't Rare, so I say he have his place.

Well OK,but for his moveset?Well check this out:
Master Chief Moveset:
 

There is some hole there and there, but I'm open for suggestion^^

List of Supporters:
Spoiler:
 


Last edited by coolmancool on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Support, but yeah man I'm gonna have to work on this. I'll be back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Here's the improved Chief write-up.

DEBUT: Halo (2001)
LATEST APPEARANCE: Halo 5 (2015)

Master Chief is the main protagonist of the shooter game that is loved by millions, Halo. Perhaps Microsoft's most recognizable videogame series, it is known for revolutionizing the shooting genre and for it's innovative story, among other things.

The star of the series is, of course, Master Chief, who is equipped with a very wide range of weapons, allowing for a very unique moveset.

But I'm sure there's some arguments against him, so they'll be gone over now.

A MICROSOFT REP!?
A SONY REP?! Case in point: Crash Bandicoot.

Microsoft is one of the most popular game producers in the world, and alongside Nintendo and Sony, one of the three most known. Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft are basically the triangle of games.

Is this official Smash? No. This is Crusade; we have 5% of the restrictions official Smash 3rd parties have.

Master Chief over Banjo-Kazooie?
Why not both? We could have Spyro alongside Crash and Banjo-Kazooie alongside Chief. Chief doesn't lock out Banjo at all. I'd even support Banjo over Chief if I was forced to support only one.

But We'll Be Mocked..
And we're not mocked for many, MANY other characters? Including one I main?

Can you think of any other arguments? Good, let's move on.

Special Moves

Neutral Special: Stands still and fires his assault rifle. Can be held, and if you do so, it fires at a rapid rate; if not held it just sprays a few bullets. Rapid fire causes flinch, normal fire doesn't cause flinch.

Up Special: Chief uses his jetpack and flies directly upward, and at the end of the move, comes down a bit fast. Great upwards recovery and juggles hit opponents upward for a good kill move if you're close enough.

Down Special: A small bubble shield forms around Chief, and lets him take 3 neutral attacks and one Smash Attack. It also stops projectiles. However, attack damage is drastically decreased during this move; it's very good for escaping a bad situation and hanging in there during an intense battle, and for stopping possible combos.

Side Special: Lunges a sticky grenade forward. Goes a longer distance if you "charge" it (holding the special button longer) and is transferable between enemies. However, it can also be put back on Chief, so watch out!


I'll make Neutral moves and such later.

On a side note, I can't believe I just made a moveset for Master Chief, I'm dissapointed with myself, but hey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU


  Pac-Man
  623

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:37 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Here's the improved Chief write-up.
Well, that was bald.

Anyway I think I'll support Master Chief. Haven't played much Halo but I know for a fact that Halo is one of most beloved shooters out there.

Shaq, I'm not so sure about the assault rifle's rapid fire causing flinch. Sounds like something that opponents won't be able to escape from once they get caught in the fire. Unless, the rifle had to reload after a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU


  Gooey
  1311

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:04 pm

Isn't Crash Activision?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coolmancool
Level 1 CPU


  7
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:58 pm

Unnofficial Sony mascot, closely associated with the PS1. More of a Sony rep than a multi-platform rep if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU


  Gooey
  1311

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:59 pm

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nohrian Sadist



  Random
  549
  cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:59 pm

While I understand the reasoning behind his inclusion, I can't support him. Not only do I not like him(which isn't my main reason), but I don't see how he could bring anything new to the table gameplay wise. Prove that he does and you can get my support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roy
Level 7 CPU


  Mega Man
  1169
  RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:12 pm

Does Master Chief deserve to be in? Especially since we've been suggesting a bunch of Sony and other non-Nintendo reps? Yes, of course. I'm not a fan of Halo or Xbox, but no one can deny Master Chief's importance to the gaming world and his position as the mascot for Xbox.

However, I want to see him represented uniquely before I give my support. All I know about him is guns, sticky grenades, an energy sword, and vehicles (some kind of assault jeep and a weird purple hovercraft?). Is that enough to make him unique? Not sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:07 pm

TaXMaN wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
Here's the improved Chief write-up.
Well, that was bald.

Anyway I think I'll support Master Chief. Haven't played much Halo but I know for a fact that Halo is one of most beloved shooters out there.

Shaq, I'm not so sure about the assault rifle's rapid fire causing flinch. Sounds like something that opponents won't be able to escape from once they get caught in the fire. Unless, the rifle had to reload after a while.
No, it has hair.

(The OP was just fine with me helping; I got permission to post that.)

Roy wrote:
Does Master Chief deserve to be in? Especially since we've been suggesting a bunch of Sony and other non-Nintendo reps? Yes, of course. I'm not a fan of Halo or Xbox, but no one can deny Master Chief's importance to the gaming world and his position as the mascot for Xbox.

However, I want to see him represented uniquely before I give my support. All I know about him is guns, sticky grenades, an energy sword, and vehicles (some kind of assault jeep and a weird purple hovercraft?). Is that enough to make him unique? Not sure.
The way he can utilize the guns and such are unique. He could be unique in that every move is something different, but still in the same theme, using things like a shield, a jetpack..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU


  Pac-Man
  623

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:14 pm

@Lego Shaq: Pubes don't count.
Anyway, mind supplying an answer to my previous question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:41 pm

TaXMaN wrote:
@Lego Shaq: Pubes don't count.
Anyway, mind supplying an answer to my previous question.
Oh, yeah; the rifle does have to reload, of course, after the burst fire that causes flinch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU


  Pac-Man
  623

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
@Lego Shaq: Pubes don't count.
Anyway, mind supplying an answer to my previous question.
Oh, yeah; the rifle does have to reload, of course, after the burst fire that causes flinch.

Oh, burst fire. Makes a lot more sense now. Thanks for clearing that up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braystar
Level 6 CPU


  Mario
  896
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:18 pm

Well the only Xbox reps I know of are Rare ones, so support. Needs a bit more work. I think the energy Sword needs to be implemented more. And FS be a buggy? IDK much about Halo. I remember as a kid my uncle let me play Halo 3 when I was 6 (For some reason, but his kids played games like that when they could hold a controller). All I did in the second mission was kill my team mates
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell



  Evil Ryu
  8819

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:18 pm

On the moveset, focusing almost exclusively on shooter staples (gun, grenade, singular basic close range option) would probably overall create a unique playstyle. Energy sword could be a quick and powerful GTFO and kill tool, utility items such as barriers and jet pack could compliment playstyle and add some unique flavor, and a wide variety of gun options would fill out the core of the playstyle, and the most popular vehicle as final smash. I don't think anything more than that really needs to be done if what you're going for here is to rep the shooter genre, because that's exactly how the genre is.

While it's true that Crash is more of a Sony rep, that doesn't mean we need a Microsoft rep. What you're failing to consider here is existing Nintendo relevance. All characters and/or series in Crusade have a very solid number (or significance) of Nintendo console appearances, and Crash is no different clocking in at 8 games on Nintendo consoles. The Halo series clocks in at 0. No support.

_________________
Perfect Hell

SSBC Head Character Balancer

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Competitive discussion is what I do

Crusade Movesets:  projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1613-pending-moveset-topic#45702
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:32 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
On the moveset, focusing almost exclusively on shooter staples (gun, grenade, singular basic close range option) would probably overall create a unique playstyle.  Energy sword could be a quick and powerful GTFO and kill tool, utility items such as barriers and jet pack could compliment playstyle and add some unique flavor, and a wide variety of gun options would fill out the core of the playstyle, and the most popular vehicle as final smash.  I don't think anything more than that really needs to be done if what you're going for here is to rep the shooter genre, because that's exactly how the genre is.

While it's true that Crash is more of a Sony rep, that doesn't mean we need a Microsoft rep.  What you're failing to consider here is existing Nintendo relevance.  All characters and/or series in Crusade have a very solid number (or significance) of Nintendo console appearances, and Crash is no different clocking in at 8 games on Nintendo consoles.  The Halo series clocks in at 0.  No support.
Nintendo relevance, a rule removed quite some time ago, if I recall. So, your point is kind of moot.

I have to be honest, I don't see why Crash is just kinda a Sony rep. Is it because of people's nostalgia for him or something? He's still 100 percent a Sony rep.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU


  Gooey
  1311

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:08 pm

I feel like a Sony rep should be owned by Sony lol.

Any way, I'll support Master Chief because why not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination



  Random
  2737
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:22 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Perfect Hell wrote:
On the moveset, focusing almost exclusively on shooter staples (gun, grenade, singular basic close range option) would probably overall create a unique playstyle.  Energy sword could be a quick and powerful GTFO and kill tool, utility items such as barriers and jet pack could compliment playstyle and add some unique flavor, and a wide variety of gun options would fill out the core of the playstyle, and the most popular vehicle as final smash.  I don't think anything more than that really needs to be done if what you're going for here is to rep the shooter genre, because that's exactly how the genre is.

While it's true that Crash is more of a Sony rep, that doesn't mean we need a Microsoft rep.  What you're failing to consider here is existing Nintendo relevance.  All characters and/or series in Crusade have a very solid number (or significance) of Nintendo console appearances, and Crash is no different clocking in at 8 games on Nintendo consoles.  The Halo series clocks in at 0.  No support.
Nintendo relevance, a rule removed quite some time ago, if I recall. So, your point is kind of moot.

I have to be honest, I don't see why Crash is just kinda a Sony rep. Is it because of people's nostalgia for him or something? He's still 100 percent a Sony rep.

I think PH would know the rules
The Nintendo relevance rule was abolished for people making threads. When discussing the roster it's something we do have to take into account.


Even if we didn't, that's his opinion, he thinks characters with no Nintendo relevance should stay out of Smash.

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
coolmancool
Level 1 CPU


  7
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:02 pm

If that help,they we're supposed to make a Halo game for the DS,before it was cancelled by Microsoft.Gameplay footage can even be seen on Youtube I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:06 pm

WOW TALK ABOUT KEPTCHA WAITING

Been quite a bit. Well, good job on bumping, maybe we'll get some supporters.

Also no I'm pretty sure the game was only suggested to Microsoft and not developed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coolmancool
Level 1 CPU


  7
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:00 pm



Isn't that funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination



  Random
  2737
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:08 pm

Quote :
Cancelled Pitch

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
coolmancool
Level 1 CPU


  7
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:00 pm

yeah I know, i didn't say the game was finished.Far from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:13 pm

coolmancool wrote:
yeah I know, i didn't say the game was finished.Far from it.
Neither did we. I stated the game was only suggested, which also means it was pitched. It states "cancelled pitch" in the title, meaning it was simply a suggested and the "gameplay" was included to show how it could work, not that it was actually developed. It would've been big news if there was a Halo DS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Master Chief (Halo) Discussion   Today at 8:20 am

Back to top Go down
 
Master Chief (Halo) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION REQUIRES 20GB DAY ONE UPDATE
» 'Halo: The Master Chief Collection' coming to Xbox One
» Halo: The Master Chief Collection Facing Matchmaking Issues
» FNV: Chief Hanlon
» New Halo toys - at the right bloody scale?!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Character Discussion :: Unofficial Characters-
Jump to:  
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum