View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RaiaZecter
Level 1 CPU
RaiaZecter

AurumZenoHX

Zero (Megaman X) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 11:06 pm

A lot of you weren't on board as I was for the MMZ Zero, and preferred the MMX version instead. So i'm giving this Zero a shot as well!

Zero (Megaman X) Discussion 240?cb=20070328150116&format=webp

"Even if we Reploids are destined to join the scrap heap when that evolutionary step does come about...We still have to fight...Not only against Mavericks, but against our own destiny as well."

Zero is one of the main characters of the Megaman X series. He's the last, and greatest creation of the late Dr. Albert Wily as a successor to Bass. However, Zero had a flaw in his programming which made him violent and unwilling to obey to instructions. Because of this, he was sealed inside a capsule for decades. As time passed, a group of Reploids had found the place where Zero was being held, and thus awakened him. Zero destroyed the Reploid group, and any others who ventured into Wily's lair. To the Reploids, Zero was labelled a Maverick, and not wanting to lose any more comrades, Sigma himself fought Zero. After a hard battle, Zero was defeated and brought to Dr. Cain for analysis. After he recovered, he showed no more signs of violent behavior and deemed a Reploid. He now fights alongside X as a high-ranking Maverick Hunter in the 17th Elite Unit.

Moveset:

Palette Swaps:

Victory Theme:

Discuss away!
Back to top Go down
Mikael_Fernandes
Level 3 CPU
Mikael_Fernandes

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 7:32 am

You have my support!
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 7:56 am

I'd say this is a decent moveset. Support.
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 11:20 am

I would support, but the moveset you made isn't different enough from other swordsmen, don't just feel limited to sprites, you can make different sword slashes.
Also, you could use some attacks from the Megaman Zero games, like the Buster Shot that can fire 3 times in a row, and be charged up to 3 stages, the shield boomerang or even the Chain Rod. Even if the attacks are from Megaman Zero games, I guess they could work on Zero from Megaman X.
Back to top Go down
RaiaZecter
Level 1 CPU
RaiaZecter

AurumZenoHX

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 11:47 am

desu wrote:
I would support, but the moveset you made isn't different enough from other swordsmen, don't just feel limited to sprites, you can make different sword slashes.
Also, you could use some attacks from the Megaman Zero games, like the Buster Shot that can fire 3 times in a row, and be charged up to 3 stages, the shield boomerang or even the Chain Rod. Even if the attacks are from Megaman Zero games, I guess they could work on Zero from Megaman X.

I agree with you on making different sword slashes (especially a custom Up Aerial and Back Aerial), but I'm not too decent of a spriter (The best I can do is recoloring, heh), I can't really make different sword strikes, but other people can try. I just made this example moveset from Zero's default X4-X6 sprites. It doesn't have to be exactly my moveset. Anyone's welcome to go ahead and modify the current moveset to their liking, or create new ones entirely. But the part about using some attacks from the Megaman Zero games, it's a little odd to me. Personally, i'd like the two Zeros to be seperate characters. MMX Zero as the base character, MMZ Zero as the form. But I also want them to stay true to their respective games (MMX Zero with his techniques, MMZ Zero with his weaponry). Seeing this Zero with the MMZ Zero's weaponry just doesn't really click with me.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 3:47 pm

Z-Buster should definitely be able to charge. Even if it can't in the games where he was playable, it could in X1, and was a critical design point in the first level. Sequelitis, etc., etc.

The Up-Aerial could be the spinning crescent slash from X5, and the down could be Danchien, the flaming downward thrust. Twin Dream and W-Shredder could be worked in too, but obviously as one ability, not two.

Oh, yeah, support.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Zero is, frankly, my most favourite among all the MegaMan series.

I like him by his cool personality and moveset.

The moveset seems so cool for him. So, support!
Back to top Go down
[Scarf]™
Level 1 CPU
[Scarf]™

SenseiBalrog

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:42 pm

Immediate support, any chance to see Zero playable in a Smash game is a chance I'll take.
Back to top Go down
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
lordvaati

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 4:42 pm

fo Sho.

Zero is the most popular MM character behind the blue boy himself, and he has been in the most crossover fighters out of the whole franchise(Mvc3/UMvC3, Onimusha Blade Warriors, TvC, SvC Chaos). sprites would be ridiculously easy to make for him via stuff like the PS1 X games or Project X Zone, and he has a whole laundry list of moves to pull from his franchise(both the X AND Zero series.) A kinda creepy trand about him though is that he was always Top or God tier in every fighting game he's ever been in, so I wonder if that would stay true in Crusade?

but yeah, if Megaman gets another rep this guy is an absolute must, so I am for this.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 4:44 pm

support
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 5:17 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 7:09 pm

Support; I've always wanted Zero in Smash lol despite not really having much experience with his games or the X series. But yeah, a character like this sounds super dope lol, a swordsman with a Mega Buster? Count me in lol.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 7:34 am

I Support the Maverick Hunter!

Though I am not big of a fan of the moveset (Since i come from playing as him in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, Marvel Vs Capcom 3), i can appreciate the fact that this is an original take on such.

Might come up and add my own moveset when i get some more time
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 6:10 pm

So I've made my own moveset for Zero, one that incorporates a majority of his abilities in the X games, and he has his own gimmick.

Moveset:
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 5:48 am

While I like the moveset, I kind of feel like someone like Bass or Protoman would be a better 2nd MM rep. It just wouldn't feel right to have classic Megaman and Zero who is from the X series which takes place centuries after. It would be like if they had Classic Sonic and Shadow. Though I do know Zero is a super popular character in MM as a whole and his moveset is really great so I'm kinda on the fence about him.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 7:26 am

King Proto wrote:
While I like the moveset, I kind of feel like someone like Bass or Protoman would be a better 2nd MM rep. It just wouldn't feel right to have classic Megaman and Zero who is from the X series which takes place centuries after. It would be like if they had Classic Sonic and Shadow. Though I do know Zero is a super popular character in MM as a whole and his moveset is really great so I'm kinda on the fence about him.
It could be said the same for Link and Toon Link
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Iron Joe
Level 2 CPU
Iron Joe

WarriorWare

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 8:58 am

Or just about any two Fire Emblem characters, for that matter. If there's a reason not to support Zero, that's not it.

Zero'd be pretty cool, I guess I support. A Battle Network rep would be my dream come true, but there's a reason no Capcom crossover has done that yet.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 3:08 pm

@Proto
Understandable, I'm about to start a Bass moveset (The one currently up is absolutely pathetic)
Just want to know what moveset you're talking about, mine or the OP's
I'm very self conscious lol
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 5:09 pm

King Proto wrote:

A better Classic Mega Man rep would Wily or Roll, due to them being different from Mega Man in everyway, instead of being slightly different. Also Wily's the most important character besides Mega Man himself so...
Back to top Go down
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 11:43 am

Zero (Megaman X) Discussion Latest?cb=20091112061809 This needs to be the next Megaman rep. Forget Bass, Dr. Wily, Protoman, Roll and Zero. This is a true Megaman character
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 12:02 pm

@SnivyKawaii
Idk I guess its just I would find it a little weird. I haven't really played Zelda enough to know that TL is basically just another link from a different timeline (I think that it says something like that in TL's trophy IIRC).
@Iron Joe
I never said I wouldn't support Zero but it kind of ties in to what I said and my own general taste I guess.
@Braystar
I think both are great but I would go with yours simply because I feel its more original.
@OmegaSteve777
True, though I picked Proto and Bass more for their popularity and because they are playable characters in the main MM games. A Wily or Roll moveset sounds like it could be really unique if done right IMO.
@Hit1
gg lol
Back to top Go down
FVNSPARTAN550
Level 2 CPU
FVNSPARTAN550

Ganondorf
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 9:07 pm

Really nice dude, supporting!
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:29 am

King Proto wrote:
It just wouldn't feel right to have classic Megaman and Zero who is from the X series which takes place centuries after. It would be like if they had Classic Sonic and Shadow.

By that logic, we should literally only have classic Mega Man characters, which is ridiculous. The Mega Man franchise spans hundreds of years and three timelines. Zero is one of the most popular characters, and his era was only a hundred years after classic Mega Man's (hell, Zero was being made by Wily while classic Mega Man was still around).

How is this weird, in a game where realistically-proportioned, sword-wielding princes and anthropomorphic space animals fight short, cartoonish psychic kids and a blob that devours and impersonates all? Smash pits characters from different franchises against each other, how is it weird to have two characters from the same franchise?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 2:29 pm

Easy support, it's ZERO baby. He is the go-to for a second Megaman rep and you people know this.
Back to top Go down
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
lordvaati

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 10:04 am

King Proto wrote:

Only thing is that it's not really that Odd. Capcom does just those kind of crossovers all the time, with Roll, Zero and Megaman Volnutt all being in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom(and the Legends games are millennia of years later then both Classic AND X btw) along with Zero being a longside Tron Bonne(anothe Legends character) in MvC3 and even with Megaman EXE-who is from another reality and an AI-in Onimusha Blade Warriors.

also such interactons are par for the course with Smash, going by how we have so many different FE characters from other realms/timelines interacting or Ness and Lucas being in the same game despite being decades apart. This stuff is just natural for a crossover fighter, especially Capcom ones.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 5:32 am

Ok so after reading the replies I got after my first statement I guess its time to respond.

I don't detest having Zero in crusade it was just my general view on his inclusion. Also I never played any Fire Emblem game nor did I know about all these Capcom crossovers so my overall view has changed on the matter. So I guess what I am trying to say is that I support Zero.
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 3:30 pm

support
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 8:53 am

only issue I see here is aesthetics. He probably won't get added if he isn't planned to have a custom sprite in the future to mesh with the budding aesthetic of the game. (Think Ryu)
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 9:22 am

I think Zero's appeared in enough Capcom fighters to warrant a support from me. He's always been pretty cool.
Personally I'd prefer a Legends character, but I won't hold out...
Back to top Go down
Jexulus
Level 3 CPU
Jexulus

Jexulus

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 5:44 pm

I think the moveset might need an overhaul, given that a lot of the pictures in the OP have broken in the two years it's been up, not to mention the moves themselves have very bare descriptions.  Braystar's moveset has some good ideas, but making the Z-Buster a core gimmick is not the way to go, in my opinion.  Zero is known for his swordplay and techniques far more than he is for his Z-Buster.  I admire his effort to translate his MvC3 playstyle into Smash, but it ultimately centralizes the wrong aspects of what makes Zero so iconic.

I have some spare time in the next couple of days, so I might be feeling froggy enough to throw one together based on his abilities in the X games.  Also, now that alts have become a more prevalent thing in the upcoming 9.1 demo, I might see what I can do about a Zero series moveset too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Zero (Megaman X) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Zero (Megaman X) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next