Zero (Megaman X) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RaiaZecter
Level 1 CPU

Phoenix Wright
  AurumZenoHX

PostSubject: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:06 pm

A lot of you weren't on board as I was for the MMZ Zero, and preferred the MMX version instead. So i'm giving this Zero a shot as well!

"Even if we Reploids are destined to join the scrap heap when that evolutionary step does come about...We still have to fight...Not only against Mavericks, but against our own destiny as well."

Zero is one of the main characters of the Megaman X series. He's the last, and greatest creation of the late Dr. Albert Wily as a successor to Bass. However, Zero had a flaw in his programming which made him violent and unwilling to obey to instructions. Because of this, he was sealed inside a capsule for decades. As time passed, a group of Reploids had found the place where Zero was being held, and thus awakened him. Zero destroyed the Reploid group, and any others who ventured into Wily's lair. To the Reploids, Zero was labelled a Maverick, and not wanting to lose any more comrades, Sigma himself fought Zero. After a hard battle, Zero was defeated and brought to Dr. Cain for analysis. After he recovered, he showed no more signs of violent behavior and deemed a Reploid. He now fights alongside X as a high-ranking Maverick Hunter in the 17th Elite Unit.

Moveset:

Palette Swaps:

Victory Theme:

Discuss away!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikael_Fernandes
Level 3 CPU

Mr. Game and Watch
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:32 am

You have my support!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:56 am

I'd say this is a decent moveset. Support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
desu
Level 6 CPU

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:20 am

I would support, but the moveset you made isn't different enough from other swordsmen, don't just feel limited to sprites, you can make different sword slashes.
Also, you could use some attacks from the Megaman Zero games, like the Buster Shot that can fire 3 times in a row, and be charged up to 3 stages, the shield boomerang or even the Chain Rod. Even if the attacks are from Megaman Zero games, I guess they could work on Zero from Megaman X.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RaiaZecter
Level 1 CPU

Phoenix Wright
  AurumZenoHX

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:47 am

desu wrote:
I would support, but the moveset you made isn't different enough from other swordsmen, don't just feel limited to sprites, you can make different sword slashes.
Also, you could use some attacks from the Megaman Zero games, like the Buster Shot that can fire 3 times in a row, and be charged up to 3 stages, the shield boomerang or even the Chain Rod. Even if the attacks are from Megaman Zero games, I guess they could work on Zero from Megaman X.

I agree with you on making different sword slashes (especially a custom Up Aerial and Back Aerial), but I'm not too decent of a spriter (The best I can do is recoloring, heh), I can't really make different sword strikes, but other people can try. I just made this example moveset from Zero's default X4-X6 sprites. It doesn't have to be exactly my moveset. Anyone's welcome to go ahead and modify the current moveset to their liking, or create new ones entirely. But the part about using some attacks from the Megaman Zero games, it's a little odd to me. Personally, i'd like the two Zeros to be seperate characters. MMX Zero as the base character, MMZ Zero as the form. But I also want them to stay true to their respective games (MMX Zero with his techniques, MMZ Zero with his weaponry). Seeing this Zero with the MMZ Zero's weaponry just doesn't really click with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU

Captain Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:47 pm

Z-Buster should definitely be able to charge. Even if it can't in the games where he was playable, it could in X1, and was a critical design point in the first level. Sequelitis, etc., etc.

The Up-Aerial could be the spinning crescent slash from X5, and the down could be Danchien, the flaming downward thrust. Twin Dream and W-Shredder could be worked in too, but obviously as one ability, not two.

Oh, yeah, support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU

Mario

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Zero is, frankly, my most favourite among all the MegaMan series.

I like him by his cool personality and moveset.

The moveset seems so cool for him. So, support!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Scarf]™
Level 1 CPU

Random
  SenseiBalrog

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:42 pm

Immediate support, any chance to see Zero playable in a Smash game is a chance I'll take.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:42 pm

fo Sho.

Zero is the most popular MM character behind the blue boy himself, and he has been in the most crossover fighters out of the whole franchise(Mvc3/UMvC3, Onimusha Blade Warriors, TvC, SvC Chaos). sprites would be ridiculously easy to make for him via stuff like the PS1 X games or Project X Zone, and he has a whole laundry list of moves to pull from his franchise(both the X AND Zero series.) A kinda creepy trand about him though is that he was always Top or God tier in every fighting game he's ever been in, so I wonder if that would stay true in Crusade?

but yeah, if Megaman gets another rep this guy is an absolute must, so I am for this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:44 pm

support
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braystar
Level 6 CPU

Mario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:17 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmareTSM

Mario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:09 pm

Support; I've always wanted Zero in Smash lol despite not really having much experience with his games or the X series. But yeah, a character like this sounds super dope lol, a swordsman with a Mega Buster? Count me in lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Athorment
Level 4 CPU

Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:34 am

I Support the Maverick Hunter!

Though I am not big of a fan of the moveset (Since i come from playing as him in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, Marvel Vs Capcom 3), i can appreciate the fact that this is an original take on such.

Might come up and add my own moveset when i get some more time
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zero (Megaman X) Discussion   Today at 7:24 am

Back to top Go down

Zero (Megaman X) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1