Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him! BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him! Empty
PostSubject: Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him!   Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him! EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 3:24 pm

Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him! TM_WiiUDS_PullbloxWorld

DEBUT: Pushmo (2011)
LATEST APPEARANCE: Stretchmo (2015)

(Before I get into this thread, you should know this'll be a bit shorter then my previous threads. It's a school night, and I'm spending a lot of my energy on Jack Frost. However I will update with the missing parts eventually!)

Mallo is the cute little sumo protagonist of the popular E-Shop puzzle game developed by Intelligent Systems, Pushmo. His main goal in the game is to drag out blocks and jump and just climb. The Pushmo has four games, all well-recieved, and is possibly one of the most popular E-Shop IPs. While Mallo may seem like he can't do much, you have to think deep!

Mallo? Why Should He Be In?
Well, think about it: the E-Shop is now one of Nintendo's consoles core features. It has been on every console since the Wii. They have huge appeal and sadly, many games with wasted potential. But Pushmo, on the other hand, gets games once a year or so and is actually first-party, being developed by Intelligent Systems. You can't deny how popular it is. Alongside Dillon's Rolling Western, I'd dare say it's one of the most popular Nintendo E-Shop games.

Mallo himself is the protagonist. He is the most iconic and well-known thing out of Pushmo. There's not much other choice for a rep besides him.

Wouldn't He Just Push Blocks?
Mallo is clearly slightly based on a sumo wrestler. Judging by this, he more then likely can actually fight. He also will utilize blocks in his moveset that you will see soon.

Why Should Mallo Be In Before Dillon?
Personally? Why don't we add both? They are some of the most memorable and loved E-Shop games. Heck you could even throw in the Denpa Men! But if we CAN'T add both..

Mallo has more games and much more popularity. He is also first-party. Dillon is second-party.

His Playstyle?
Mallo takes things slow. However, while many attacks of his are slower then one would like, they make up for it in the damage packed in. He plays as a close-ranged, slow and heavy, damage-dealing fighter if you use him with just his smash attacks and neutral attacks, but his specials bring him to a new level! His specials are all about sending opponents flying but taking a bit to do it, and doing it from any distance.

All in all, Mallo is pretty unique. Many of his moves are a bit random and he is slow and heavy, but makes up for it with his powerful close-ranged attacks and setup-abble special attacks. You have to be ready for anything when you play as Mallo.

On another note: As Mallo is heavily influenced by a sumo wrestler, but his game is all about shape puzzles, a lot of his moveset will have half and half; some are some sumo moves and the other are about blocks.

So, What About His Moveset?

Glad you asked! Here on out, I'll be listing all about his moves.

Normal Attacks

Neutral Attack: Squats a bit and punches straight forward.

Jab: Squats a bit and punches straight forward, two times, slowly.

Side Tilt: Leans back and throws out a big punch.

Up Tilt: Squats and thrusts himself upward, sharply. Hard to describe, but think of the animation as the Luigi Rocket going upwards and staying on the ground.

Down Tilt: Falls back and holds himself up with his hands and kicks forward.

Dash Attack: A lot like Wario's Brawl Side Smash. He charges forward, rather fast for his tiny fat self.

Get-Up Attack: Springs up (staying on the ground) and punches both hands to the side.

Smash Attacks

Side Smash: Heaves out a block. It can be big and square, rectangular and skinny, or bracket shaped. After lifting it up, he swings it down, downward, and strikes any opponent close to him.

Up Smash: Get's out a large rectangular block pointing straight up, and when he attacks, he jumps up and waves it around slowly.

Down Smash: Gets out a square block and focuses on clutching it tighter. Once he attacks, he swings around fast, spinning it, on the ground.

Special Attacks

Default Special: Gets out a block that can be various shapes and sizes. He leans back and winds up, and once he attacks, he throws the block, slow or fast depending on how long you charged. More charge = more damage!

Side Special: Rushes forward pushing a big square block, rather fast. However it's a bit easy to dodge, but if you're hit it does some big damage. At the end of the attack he slides the block forward for a last-ditch attempt at getting a hit. If done in the air Mallo quickly pushes the block forward and hops on it to attempt to get back to stage.

Up Special: Holds a bracket-shaped block that flies upward. Very good upwards recovery but terrible side recovery. Combos opponents caught in it.

Down Special: Builds a little puzzle, in various shapes, and said puzzle is bigger depending on how long you charge it. You can leave it alone for a while, and hide behind it (it can take two hits) but if you use special right next to it, he knocks it over, and the blocks spill everywhere, dealing damage. If it lands directly on an enemy, it is really, REALLY powerful, so set it up good!

Grabs

Grab Animation: Reaches out, like he's going for a hug.

Pummel: Whacks the opponent with a randomly shaped block.

Side Throw: Gets out an L-shaped block and swings it like a baseball bat, throwing the enemy to the side.

Back Throw: Lifts the opponent up, once again winks and smiles, then leans forward and snaps back, throwing back the opponent.

Up Throw: Heaves the opponent upwards, throwing them high.

Down Throw: Slams the opponent to the ground with an L-shaped block.

Aerial Moves

Neutral Aerial: Spins around with a block in hand, the block hitting anyone near.

Forward Aerial: Dives upward and slams down a big rectangle block. Short hitbox, however.

Backward Aerial: Does the same thing but instead of diving upward he flops backwards.

Down Aerial: Punches downward with two, comically sized, hands.

Up Aerial: Spins his whole body and kicks and punches upward.

FINAL SMASH

A puzzle appears, and Mallo's gotta solve it! You are given ten seconds to hop and walk/run to the top of the tall puzzle, and if you make it, it explodes, dealing huge damage to your opponents!

End Note

Mallo, alongside Dillon, is undeniably the most popular Nintendo E-Shop original character. A first party from a unique and fun game, with tons of fans and as I've just tried my best to prove, a solid moveset-I feel he really should be in.

Supporters:

Last edited by Lego Shaq on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him!   Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him! EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Great post. No idea who this Mallo is. He's got that Japanese kawaii look for the hello kitty folks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him!   Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him! EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 3:01 pm

Interesting choice. The Pushmo series is probably the biggest eshop franchise, and you managed to start an interesting moveset for Mallo. I'm not sure I understand how up and side specials work... up seems like a Yoshi egg throw? That means he has 2 specials that are generic projectile throws. And side is more of a recovery move?

I feel like he needs more... building and pushing? Not too much, though - we don't want to turn his entire playstyle into setting blocks and kicking them at opponents.

Also, I don't think first vs second party is really an issue. Dillon appeared in Smash Bros, after all, and it's not like we have to worry about such limitations. Both are clearly Nintendo characters.

As far as supporting goes, I think I'm going to wait until I see more and get some clarification.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him!   Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him! EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Roy wrote:
Interesting choice. The Pushmo series is probably the biggest eshop franchise, and you managed to start an interesting moveset for Mallo. I'm not sure I understand how up and side specials work... up seems like a Yoshi egg throw? That means he has 2 specials that are generic projectile throws. And side is more of a recovery move?

I feel like he needs more... building and pushing? Not too much, though - we don't want to turn his entire playstyle into setting blocks and kicking them at opponents.

Also, I don't think first vs second party is really an issue. Dillon appeared in Smash Bros, after all, and it's not like we have to worry about such limitations. Both are clearly Nintendo characters.

As far as supporting goes, I think I'm going to wait until I see more and get some clarification.
His moveset will be refurbished tonight or tommorow. I agree he needs some more building and such. I'll be taking that suggestion in mind.

Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him!   Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him! EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 2:59 pm

ADDED:

-Final Smash
-All Aerials
-All Grabs
-Two New Specials
-Get-Up Attack

I would love some more feedback!
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him!   Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him! EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 12:37 pm

A few notes:

- I feel like his fthrow and dthrow don't need to use the blocks. He's a sumo wrestler, why can't he just, you know, throw?
- I don't really like the up special. It feels too uninspired... charging upward with a block? Really?
- There's a lack of Crashmo aside from his down special. Maybe neutral special can drop blocks below you if used in midair?

Still, I think it's been enough time and I'm going to support Mallo now. He does deserve a spot considering his success as the top first party eshop-exclusive.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him!   Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him! EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 7:55 am

SUPPORT! OMG
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him!   Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him! EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 8:43 am

Athorment wrote:
SUPPORT! OMG
Thanks Athor!
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him!   Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him! EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 10:06 pm

Hey! Not bad the idea.

I think this little guy can be playable in any SSB game.

So, support!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him!   Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mallo (Pushmo) Discussion: Let's Push For Him!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1