HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario) Empty
PostSubject: Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario)   Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 3:35 pm

After so many character threads, I decided to have my Stage Discussion debut with a stage from my favorite game of all time..

Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario) 255px-Glitzville
Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario) 262?cb=20100317035324

Bigger Pic of Glitzville:

WELCOME TO THE GLITZ PIT!
The Glitz Pit is considered by many people to be THE best Thousand Year Door chapter, including myself. It perfectly blends Thousand Year Door's whackiness with it's awesome fighting system, alongside memorable and colorful characters and areas.

Why The Glitz Pit/Glitzville?
As I said, tons of people widely consider Chapter 3 to be the best chapter and Glitz Pit/Glitzville to be the best area. It is well-loved, and certainly fits the theme of Crusade, being a fighting-centric arena. And really, not many other TTYD stages besides possibly Rogueport would be on the level of Glitz Pit/Glitzville.

But Paper Mario Isn't Playable!
Yes, not yet, at least, but Paper Mario is a very important Mario sub-series and one that is well known, well loved, and basically praised constantly. Regardless of it having a rep or not, I feel it deserves a stage.

Why Do You Keep Calling It Glitz Pit AND Glitzville?
From here on out I will call the stage collectively Glitz.

What makes Glitz unique is that it is a transforming stage that is rather different in both transformations. I felt that just having a boxing ring would be a bit boring, so I decided to throw in the just as colorful Glitzville as well.

Okay, Can You Get Onto The Stage Itself?
Sure, let's start!

Glitzville
The level begins in Glitzville, right under the blimp. Glitzville is a wide stage, but floats in the air, with no walk-offs and such. If you can keep an opponent off that stage, you don't need to worry about them walking back on.

Glitzville is a very big stage, as I said, and it is very interactive. For instance, you can jump on the various buildings, like the Hot Dog Stand. However, being made of paper, most buildings are destructible. It takes a while to get them down, but if you can, they won't sprout back up for a while.

You can even hop onto the Chain Chomp logo, if you want. Also, various NPCs watch you battle, but you can't hit them.

The Glitz Pit
After a while, such as fourty seconds or a minute, or whatever, the stage turns to The Glitz Pit!

The layout is a lot like the Boxing Ring in SSB4, yet not identical, of course. The stage is big and has spotlights pointing down. You can even climb on them.

When a character gets good hits, the crowd cheers and the spotlight shines on whoever dealt said hit.

Also, there's a lot of audience interaction: Sometimes you'll have to dodge various objects thrown (and sometimes try to get them!) like rocks and soda cans and sometimes healing mushrooms.

The stage has stairs leading down to the audience, but you'll be covered by audience members, mostly, so don't get lost!
After a good battle that has lasted awhile, the unique stage hazard appears...

Get ready for..

THE RAWK HAWK!
Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario) 150px-RawkHawkPMTTYD

Rawk Hawk is the stage boss of Glitz Pit that attacks all fighters. He's swooping, fast, and can even float a bit. He dishes out his famous attacks, like a side kick, his Supersman Slam (a chest dive), and can even drop the spotlights on fighters! Fighters can either work together to take out the Rawk Hawk or can keep fighting and eventually take him out on their owns.

Make sure you don't get RAWKED!

Other Facts
A little idea I have is to make every fighter 2D on this stage. Just something I wanted to throw out there.
Rawk Hawk behaves like a powered-up normal fighter, with quicker and stronger moves.

Music
Glitzville Theme
Rawk Hawk's Theme
Paper Mario And The Thousand Year Door Theme
Battle Theme

Last edited by Lego Shaq on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario)   Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 4:53 pm

I feel like the stage shouldn't be a transition stage.

I like the idea tho. Support.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario)   Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 5:04 pm

Definitely supporting.

I feel like transforming makes it less unique, though. And it needs more audience interaction (throwing rocks/items, growing in size with KOs, etc). Still thinking on how to differentiate it from Boxing Ring, though...
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario)   Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 5:47 pm

Roy wrote:
Definitely supporting.

I feel like transforming makes it less unique, though. And it needs more audience interaction (throwing rocks/items, growing in size with KOs, etc). Still thinking on how to differentiate it from Boxing Ring, though...

That would be awesome. Perhaps spectacular KOs could make the croud go wild etc. They could even hold banners (I don't know if that's canon though) etc.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario)   Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 5:55 pm

Updated the OP, some audience interaction is implemented.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario)   Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Support! Also, all the characters are 2D anyway, it's a fangame Razz
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario)   Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario) EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 7:47 am

Support
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario)   Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario) EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 8:37 am

I don't understand why it needs to transform.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario)   Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario) EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 9:03 am

StayPuft wrote:
I don't understand why it needs to transform.
Glitz Pit on it's own would basically be nearly identical to the Boxing Ring from Smash 4. I wanted something new. But whatever, since multiple people want it, I'm making a standalone post for Glitz Pit and posting it in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario)   Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario) EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:31 pm

I'm supporting the hell out of this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario)   Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario) Empty

Back to top Go down

Glitzville/The Glitz Pit (Paper Mario)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1