View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mp3 Toaster

Mp3 Toaster

Lucario
  Mp3_Toaster

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 9:18 pm

Discuss, share opinions, ideas, etc. about Shantae.

Last edited by Mp3 Toaster on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 9:32 pm

I'm very happy about her inclusion, but I think the face on the sprite could use work, most notably the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 9:34 pm

If neutral special isn't transform, someone screwed up.

Expecting lots of hair whips, spells, and pirate equipment (cannon up special?).
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 4:16 pm

Very. Hype.

Might main. Just a feeling.
Back to top Go down
childpit92
Level 1 CPU

N/A

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 4:23 pm

sprite needs work imo
Back to top Go down
DJSkrelp
Level 2 CPU
DJSkrelp

N/A

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 4:27 pm

childpit92 wrote:
sprite needs work imo
I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLy3SOItBAVpOzzkfhGd5pw
TheRealHeroOfWinds
Level 1 CPU
TheRealHeroOfWinds

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Ok, so I made some color changes to the Shantae sprite. I'd like some thoughts on it!

Shantae Discussion IkPXiaO
Back to top Go down
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Roy wrote:
If neutral special isn't transform, someone screwed up.
Eh.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 9:11 pm

TheRealHeroOfWinds wrote:
Ok, so I made some color changes to the Shantae sprite. I'd like some thoughts on it!

Defiantly looks better.
Back to top Go down
DJSkrelp
Level 2 CPU
DJSkrelp

N/A

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 9:28 pm

TheRealHeroOfWinds wrote:

Much better. The eyes are still horrible, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLy3SOItBAVpOzzkfhGd5pw
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 11:52 pm

If you guys are going to critique the sprite I suggest you giving some actual information as to why you think it looks bad.
It's probably really frustrating for the spriter.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 10:10 am

I honestly think the sprite looks fine, though the eyes might need retouching. I believe that the colors are based off of her latest design in Shantae: Half Genie Hero.
Here's a photo:Shantae Discussion Latest?cb=20130916184708
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 10:17 am

Dustination wrote:
If you guys are going to critique the sprite I suggest you giving some actual information as to why you think it looks bad.
It's probably really frustrating for the spriter.
I don't find the sprite to be bad, but here's what I imagine people dislike:

-Huge eyes
-Dull colors
-I guess the arms look kinda weird? I dunno how to pinpoint it.

That's really it imo.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 10:33 am

Pakeli wrote:
I honestly think the sprite looks fine, though the eyes might need retouching. I believe that the colors are based off of her latest design in Shantae: Half Genie Hero.
Except that image is incorrect. One of the first few updates they did was fix the coloring since she was too white.

This is the best image I could find...

Shantae Discussion Shantaesprites
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 10:39 am

Her HGH sprite also has massive eyes so that's probably why it's like that
http://thegamingpixelshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Shantae_HalfGenieHero_new_shantae_design_9671669863_l-1.jpg

Regarding the arm keep in mind you are looking at a static sprite but yes these things will be relayed to the spriter
Back to top Go down
TheRealHeroOfWinds
Level 1 CPU
TheRealHeroOfWinds

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Pakeli wrote:
snip
The sprite obviously isn't based on that. It's based on her Risky's Revenge/Pirate's Curse design, hence why the CSS art is based on the same thing. There's also no reason to base the sprite's colors on Shantae's sprite. We wanted colors that are closer to her official art, throwing in some more colors into the mix as well.
Back to top Go down
Sk00ps

Sk00ps

N/A

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 1:14 pm

Shantae's sprite looks perfect to me. She retains her look that everyone who knows, well knows and loves XD. The bigger eyes just add on to cuteness factor, just my personal opinion. The sprite is really well done overall. Though, her arms do seem a tad bit on the short side, but that's just me nitpicking. I look forward to how she'll play and what palettes she'll have (hoping for Nega-Shantae palette). Great work spriter!
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 1:16 pm

The sprite is based on HGH. The art is not, as it was, admittedly, drawn with no reference to the sprite.
Back to top Go down
Sk00ps

Sk00ps

N/A

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 1:21 pm

No wonder she looks as cute as she is. Great job on the trailer Dustination!
Back to top Go down
TheAmazingMemer
Level 1 CPU
TheAmazingMemer

Faves3000

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 2:00 pm

I don't get why people have issues with the sprite. Looks fine by me

Definitely looking forward to seeing her moveset tho
Back to top Go down
Sk00ps

Sk00ps

N/A

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 3:43 pm

So much hype for her though! I've been super into Shantae as of recently and have been wanting her to fight against others in Smash for a bit. I feel like more characters are on their way though.
Back to top Go down

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 3:46 pm

shantae aint white
Back to top Go down
Sk00ps

Sk00ps

N/A

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 3:49 pm

That was actually an error in the lighting of the engine that Wayforward used to showcase Half-Genie Hero
Back to top Go down

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 3:53 pm

well ill be damned

racism manifests in all forms and u cant even be a proud woc in this country without even the machines turning against u
Back to top Go down
Sk00ps

Sk00ps

N/A

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 3:57 pm

XD True that. I'm hoping for the Nega Shantae palette the most. I don't really want Nega-Shantae to become an Alt, like Pichu did.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 11:01 pm

I think Dark Pit is a better comparison than Pichu.
Back to top Go down
Sk00ps

Sk00ps

N/A

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 7:01 am

I mean in Crusade, how Pichu ended up being an alternate character instead of having his own slot. My bad for not clarifying that ^^;
Back to top Go down
Sk00ps

Sk00ps

N/A

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 11:59 am

Am I allowed to post a move set prediction for her here? Or does that go somewhere else?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 1:08 pm

I'd say that it's fine if you want to post it here.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 1:59 pm

Has anyone played her games? Only opinions worth recognizing should be the ones who even played the games, which I doubt any men here have the guts to says it hahaha. I know I pushed it away back in the GBA days.

You can add a tanned Shantae for red team color.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shantae Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shantae Discussion   Shantae Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Shantae Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next