HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 who would fit most out of all

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

which of the above deserves a shot
sonic.exe
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Raichu
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
Heihachi
43%
 43% [ 9 ]
Butt Butt (er...Shovel Knight)
43%
 43% [ 9 ]
robo/egg
9%
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21
 

AuthorMessage
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 am

I really hate it that Quote is treated like dirt nowadays.
He is the FATHER of indie games, for crying out loud!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmareTSM



  Mario
  113
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:32 am

I honestly think that it's dumb that people are saying "The era of Shovel Knight is over". Like, yeah, you don't see him everywhere on the internet, but I honestly think that that's just because, once you beat a platformer a couple times, it doesn't have the same longevity as a game like Minecraft that you can just play forever, and thus, isn't everywhere on the internet. But trust me, if another game comes out, it will be at least close to the way it was when the first game came out.

One thing I want to make clear: Shovel Knight is not the character I want to see in the game most. Or even close. Third Party characters like K. Rool, Banjo, and vets like Zelda/Sheik (although I'd be pretty surprised if they weren't added in at some point) take priority in my opinion. Now, of course, I'm not saying that any of the character I listed HAVE to make it in before Shante, Quote, etc., and I have nothing against them, I just think it wouldn't be the best decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:35 am

K.Rool is not a Third Party character, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU


  Captain Falcon
  285

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:25 pm

Dang, forgot to check this. My laptop's dying right now, but I'll be back tomorrow to keep the whup-ass can from closin'!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braystar
Level 6 CPU


  Mario
  896
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:58 pm

K.Rool isn't a 3rd party character, he's owned by Nintendo. How do you think his suit is in the game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU


  336

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:14 pm

Braystar wrote:
K.Rool isn't a 3rd party character, he's owned by Nintendo. How do you think his suit is in the game?

Bad example, considering we actually have 3rd Party characters as costumes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:53 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Braystar wrote:
K.Rool isn't a 3rd party character, he's owned by Nintendo. How do you think his suit is in the game?

Bad example, considering we actually have 3rd Party characters as costumes.
Yeah, I was thinking that too.

Also, hi Golden, it's the President.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU


  Captain Falcon
  285

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Okay then, back in the game...
Naughty Ottsel...versus...Lego Shaq
Fight!
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:11 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
Okay then, back in the game...
Naughty Ottsel...versus...Lego Shaq
Fight!
Spoiler:
 

Hey, good basketball analogy, dude.

1. You actually have a good point. I'll give you a point for that, boy. Point dismissed.

2. You admitted I have a point, so I don't have much of a rebuttal. But it may.

3. No clue who Yahtzee is, but one reviewer doesn't change everything. For what it's worth, I actually love Shovel Knight. But, even though it may, in your opinion, have a Nintendo essence, it's still not a Nintendo game, and we have to remember that.

4. The exclusive's may be not very good, but they are still exclusives; that doesn't change. Also, Shovel Knight isn't a system seller, despite it being very popular. It's a game I'd spend 30 dollars on, but not one I'd buy a console for like Smash. (I got the Wii U 2 Christmas' ago.) Yeah, they love Nintendo, but they need to show it, outside of the credits.

5. You seem to forget Rayman and Crash are some of the most legendary gaming franchises ever, with both having tons of very well recieved games and a lot of games in general. And relevance doesn't matter, as proved by Ristar, for third parties.

6. I didn't say I WANTED Shantae, just that she'd be more likely then Shovel Knight. I would love Banjo in mainline Smash, and I'm pretty sure he'll be in Crusade. Yes, it's an amazing indie game, one of the bests, but not THE best. There's not really a "best" indie game, but the most historical one is Cave Story.

7. He's not popular, but I don't know of anyone who asked for Klonoa and Risar in Crusade. Also, the Ballot shouldn't decide anything for Crusade.

8. I would estimate it takes a week to decide and about 3 weeks to completely develop. I would assume they do two characters at a time.

They do have plans for the future, but are those plans in action yet? No, they aren't. Shovel Knight isn't dead; but his popularity for Smash WAS a fad. I barely see anyone supporting Shovel Knight anymore.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU


  Pac-Man
  623

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:41 pm

@Naughty Ottsel: You dare question Rayman and Crash's inclusion in Crusade? Go sit in the corner and think of what you did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dustination



  Random
  2738
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:47 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
8. I would estimate it takes a week to decide and about 3 weeks to completely develop. I would assume they do two characters at a time.

Oh man
Oh wow
Oh man

Oh man Oh man Oh man

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Dustination wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
8. I would estimate it takes a week to decide and about 3 weeks to completely develop. I would assume they do two characters at a time.

Oh man
Oh wow
Oh man

Oh man Oh man Oh man
That's what I heard from some other people.

I mean, if I really thought about it, I'd say it takes about a month or 6 weeks to make a character.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination



  Random
  2738
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Dustination wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
8. I would estimate it takes a week to decide and about 3 weeks to completely develop. I would assume they do two characters at a time.

Oh man
Oh wow
Oh man

Oh man Oh man Oh man
That's what I heard from some other people.

I mean, if I really thought about it, I'd say it takes about a month or 6 weeks to make a character.


Who did you hear that from because they obviously have no idea

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:58 pm

Dustination wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
Dustination wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
8. I would estimate it takes a week to decide and about 3 weeks to completely develop. I would assume they do two characters at a time.

Oh man
Oh wow
Oh man

Oh man Oh man Oh man
That's what I heard from some other people.

I mean, if I really thought about it, I'd say it takes about a month or 6 weeks to make a character.


Who did you hear that from because they obviously have no idea
Look man, look! I just, I just thought, I just falls down
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braystar
Level 6 CPU


  Mario
  896
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:26 pm

[quote="GoldenYuiitusin"][quote="Braystar"]K.Rool isn't a 3rd party character, he's owned by Nintendo. How do you think his suit is in the game?[/quote]

Bad example, considering we actually have 3rd Party characters as costumes.[/quote]

So Link, Skull Kid, Dunban and Chrom are 3rd party? Man, I must be stupid!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roy
Level 7 CPU


  Mega Man
  1169
  RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:06 pm

Braystar wrote:
So Link, Skull Kid, Dunban and Chrom are 3rd party? Man, I must be stupid!
Heihachi, Lloyd, Akira, Jacky, Zero, X, Megaman.exe, and Protoman are 1st part?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU


  Captain Falcon
  285

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:04 pm

1. Point received. Appreciated.

2. Here as a placeholder so as not to skip from 1 to 3

3. True, one reviewer's opinion does not critical acclaim make. But Yahtzee is notorious for chewing apart games with the ferocity of a dominatrix-lion eating a BDSM-loving gazelle. Also, he's no big fan of Nintendo in general. Also also, Shovel Knight had countless other extremely positive reviews.

Street Fighter's not a Nintendo game. Crash, Rayman...Okay, so they're icons of their own. Shovel Knight may not be as much of an icon as Quote, but he's close, and he's definitely more of an icon than Shantae.

4. Okay, it probably didn't boost the sales of the consoles by much, but it did help the Wii U gain some public respect, and it still sold like really warm bread-based desserts. And for the Nintendo appreciation, again, I think the game itself shows it pretty well, and they've expressed their desire to put exclusive content on the Nintendo versions. But, in the end, I think this one point (that they need to prove their love for Nintendo in some more tangible way) is moot, and can't really be determined without knowing the inner workings of Yacht Club's interaction with Nintendo.

5. Yes, Ristar is in this game. Thanks for reminding me. Has he even been on a Nintendo console? Yes, but only as part of a compilation on the Gamecube.If relevance means nothing, then in what way does he, a first-party Sega-exclusive Genesis character, have more significance to the fanbase and reason to be in Smash than Shovel Knight? He's (Shovel Knight) become nearly as legendary as any of the big-name indie characters; Meat Boy, Quote, Gomez (Fez), Tim (Braid), Commander Video (BIT.TRIP), Commander Viridian (VVVVVV), Isaac (The Binding of, not Golden Sun), most of these are accepted as legendary indies, and most have only one game they star in. Shovel Knight has earned his place among these icons, and more importantly, would fit in Smash far better than any of them would, with the possible exceptions of Quote and Isaac (I've actually wanted to do an Isaac moveset for a while), as he has far more to draw from for a fighting moveset, and his aesthetic is directly Nintendo-inspired.

6. Cave Story may have more historical significance, but it doesn't have the same innate connection to Nintendo Shovel Knight does. It's clearly inspired by classic games, Nintendo among them, but Cave Story did a great job establishing itself as its own thing. Shovel Knight, on the other hand, immediately sets itself up as a tribute to Nintendo's old days, while still having originality.

Also, you have a very strange way of not campaigning for Shantae's inclusion o.O

7. Klonoa, I think, does have some desire in the Smash community, as evidenced by Omni's Smashified. But Ristar, like you said, had no large following that wanted him in. Why should a character with a great amount of support, current significance, and a spiritual link to Nintendo not get in while a character with no real connection to Nintendo and no following does? And if the Ballot doesn't affect Crusade, then Shovel Knight's waning popularity there also can't affect Crusade. Ha!

8. So, yeah. Thanks for clearing that up, Dust. I'm willing to bet the devs also had a buttload to work on at the time Shovel Knight became super-popular, and then more on their to-do list after the update, and probably a bunch that took priority even over characters, and, yeah... Shovel Knight getting in immediately after his first release...yeah, Half-Life 3 is likelier. Oh, yeah, Half-life 3. I'd forgotten about that. *cries quietly*

What do you mean, those plans aren't in action? Yacht Club is developing Shovel Knight's first major expansion right now, and have others yet to come. And maybe people aren't supporting him for Sm4sh anymore, but “...the Ballot shouldn't decide anything for Crusade. ”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braystar
Level 6 CPU


  Mario
  896
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:17 pm

[quote="Roy"][quote="Braystar"]So Link, Skull Kid, Dunban and Chrom are 3rd party? Man, I must be stupid![/quote]
Heihachi, Lloyd, Akira, Jacky, Zero, X, Megaman.exe, and Protoman are 1st part?[/quote]

I was trying to tell him that because there are 3rd party costumes doesn't mean that K.Rool is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Yeah. King K. Rool is 100% owned by Nintendo, so he's as first party as he can get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:15 am

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
1. Point received. Appreciated.

2. Here as a placeholder so as not to skip from 1 to 3

3. True, one reviewer's opinion does not critical acclaim make. But Yahtzee is notorious for chewing apart games with the ferocity of a dominatrix-lion eating a BDSM-loving gazelle. Also, he's no big fan of Nintendo in general. Also also, Shovel Knight had countless other extremely positive reviews.

Street Fighter's not a Nintendo game. Crash, Rayman...Okay, so they're icons of their own. Shovel Knight may not be as much of an icon as Quote, but he's close, and he's definitely more of an icon than Shantae.

4. Okay, it probably didn't boost the sales of the consoles by much, but it did help the Wii U gain some public respect, and it still sold like really warm bread-based desserts. And for the Nintendo appreciation, again, I think the game itself shows it pretty well, and they've expressed their desire to put exclusive content on the Nintendo versions. But, in the end, I think this one point (that they need to prove their love for Nintendo in some more tangible way) is moot, and can't really be determined without knowing the inner workings of Yacht Club's interaction with Nintendo.

5. Yes, Ristar is in this game. Thanks for reminding me. Has he even been on a Nintendo console? Yes, but only as part of a compilation on the Gamecube.If relevance means nothing, then in what way does he, a first-party Sega-exclusive Genesis character, have more significance to the fanbase and reason to be in Smash than Shovel Knight? He's (Shovel Knight) become nearly as legendary as any of the big-name indie characters; Meat Boy, Quote, Gomez (Fez), Tim (Braid), Commander Video (BIT.TRIP), Commander Viridian (VVVVVV), Isaac (The Binding of, not Golden Sun), most of these are accepted as legendary indies, and most have only one game they star in. Shovel Knight has earned his place among these icons, and more importantly, would fit in Smash far better than any of them would, with the possible exceptions of Quote and Isaac (I've actually wanted to do an Isaac moveset for a while), as he has far more to draw from for a fighting moveset, and his aesthetic is directly Nintendo-inspired.

6. Cave Story may have more historical significance, but it doesn't have the same innate connection to Nintendo Shovel Knight does. It's clearly inspired by classic games, Nintendo among them, but Cave Story did a great job establishing itself as its own thing. Shovel Knight, on the other hand, immediately sets itself up as a tribute to Nintendo's old days, while still having originality.

Also, you have a very strange way of not campaigning for Shantae's inclusion o.O

7. Klonoa, I think, does have some desire in the Smash community, as evidenced by Omni's Smashified. But Ristar, like you said, had no large following that wanted him in. Why should a character with a great amount of support, current significance, and a spiritual link to Nintendo not get in while a character with no real connection to Nintendo and no following does? And if the Ballot doesn't affect Crusade, then Shovel Knight's waning popularity there also can't affect Crusade. Ha!

8. So, yeah. Thanks for clearing that up, Dust. I'm willing to bet the devs also had a buttload to work on at the time Shovel Knight became super-popular, and then more on their to-do list after the update, and probably a bunch that took priority even over characters, and, yeah... Shovel Knight getting in immediately after his first release...yeah, Half-Life 3 is likelier. Oh, yeah, Half-life 3. I'd forgotten about that. *cries quietly*

What do you mean, those plans aren't in action? Yacht Club is developing Shovel Knight's first major expansion right now, and have others yet to come. And maybe people aren't supporting him for Sm4sh anymore, but “...the Ballot shouldn't decide anything for Crusade. ”

..Haha, uh, damn, I kinda trapped myself there.

1. Shovel Knight, as I said, isn't a Nintendo game, so why's it matter?

2. Yep, he's not as much as an icon as Quote; right now yes more then Shantae, but that's not even close to Rayman and Crash's level.

3. It is basically a moot point, yeah.

4. Quote would fit just as good as Shovel Knight, though; he's more historically known then Shovel Knight, among other things. I could go on and on...also, uh, Cave Story's only releases besides PC are exclusively on Nintendo consoles, and with it's 2 remakes, it's actually been on Nintendo consoles more then Shovel Knight.

5. Omni did that Smashified 2 years ago and the only people who wanted him were on the Gamefaqs thread it was posted on.

6. He doesn't. Have. A spiritual link. To Nintendo. Your other points are valid, but keep in mind he is still an indie, while Ristar is not.

7. Dust cleared anything up? He just snarked (joking)

Yeah, the DLC is in progress; I meant more they're not implemented yet. None of the DLC is out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
armatage
Level 2 CPU


  Tails
  46
  [i]N/A[/i]

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:13 pm

Sooo... this went from a poll, to a discussion on weather or not indie characters are viable...

Uh... I'll just do Heihachi, k? <Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU


  Captain Falcon
  285

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:25 pm

1. Not sure which part you're referring to here

2. Okay, acknowledged that Shovel Knight isn't a big as Crash Bandicoot and Rayman.

3. <placeholder>

4. One. One console more. And with no future installments on the horizon, it won't take long for Cave Story to be overtaken by Shovel Knight in that regard.

5. I don't know what the argument here is. No one wanted Klonoa. Okay. Um, yeah. Not much more to say.

6. Alright, I'll drop the whole 'innate connection to Nintendo' thing. But significance to the fanbase is still important, and Ristar may as well be an indie for how little-known he is. In fact, I think you're putting too much negative connotation on 'indie'. Sega wasn't making a tribute to Nintendo, Yacht Club was. Sega was trying to out-mascot Nintendo, Yacht Club was taking inspiration from Nintendo's mascots. The indie rep here has more reason to be in Smash than the Sega rep. Also, he has a better game.

7. *continues to cry over Half-Life 3*

Shantae's game isn't out, either. So by your logic her plans aren't in action either.

Probably best, armatage
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:38 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
1. Not sure which part you're referring to here

2. Okay, acknowledged that Shovel Knight isn't a big as Crash Bandicoot and Rayman.

3. <placeholder>

4. One. One console more. And with no future installments on the horizon, it won't take long for Cave Story to be overtaken by Shovel Knight in that regard.

5. I don't know what the argument here is. No one wanted Klonoa. Okay. Um, yeah. Not much more to say.

6. Alright, I'll drop the whole 'innate connection to Nintendo' thing. But significance to the fanbase is still important, and Ristar may as well be an indie for how little-known he is. In fact, I think you're putting too much negative connotation on 'indie'. Sega wasn't making a tribute to Nintendo, Yacht Club was. Sega was trying to out-mascot Nintendo, Yacht Club was taking inspiration from Nintendo's mascots. The indie rep here has more reason to be in Smash than the Sega rep. Also, he has a better game.

7. *continues to cry over Half-Life 3*

Shantae's game isn't out, either. So by your logic her plans aren't in action either.

Probably best, armatage

Shantae's GAMES are out. She has 3 at least.

1. Referring to Yahtzee

4. Please stop phrasing like Shovel Knight is gonna get a new game by December. It's possible we won't see Shovel Knight 2 until 2017.

6. Nintendo and Sega are close friends now, you have to remember.

7. Maybe I should make a Gordon Freeman thread...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:26 pm

If Ristar is so unknown, how did he ended up as a cameo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed then? Kappa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU


  Captain Falcon
  285

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:55 pm

But you were referring to future plans,weren't you?

1. Okay. I wasn't really making much of a point bringing up Yahtzee, just making sure it was stated and backed up that the game is legitimately good and isn't pure nostalgia-blinding.

4. Alright, but Plague of Shadows could. At the very least, Shovel Knight will have any new content soon.

6. But Ristar wasn't the product of that friendship, he was a product of their rivalry. And we have 4 Sonic reps.

7. It's been done. It was not good. Couldn't find it in search. Probably deleted. Besides, he has no reason to be in any Smash game. As much as I love Half-Life, I'll admit that. This has all been said amongst tears.

Trinitro, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. The face at the end probably gives it away, but I don't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU


  336

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Braystar wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Braystar wrote:
K.Rool isn't a 3rd party character, he's owned by Nintendo. How do you think his suit is in the game?

Bad example, considering we actually have 3rd Party characters as costumes.

So Link, Skull Kid, Dunban and Chrom are 3rd party? Man, I must be stupid!

Nice pathetic attempt at a strawman. I almost feel sorry for you.

No, I'm referring to the various Mega Man costumes, Heihachi, Jacky and Akira, Lloyd Irving, etc. who ARE 3rd Party.
Or did you seriously think those were all from Nintendo franchises?

Braystar wrote:
Roy wrote:
Braystar wrote:
So Link, Skull Kid, Dunban and Chrom are 3rd party? Man, I must be stupid!
Heihachi, Lloyd, Akira, Jacky, Zero, X, Megaman.exe, and Protoman are 1st part?

I was trying to tell him that because there are 3rd party costumes doesn't mean that K.Rool is.

Which I WASN'T SAYING, dumbass.

I was only pointing out that your example of "K. Rool is Nintendo because he has costume" is flawed because 3rd Party costumes exist, not that K. Rool is 3rd Party.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU


  Captain Falcon
  285

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:44 pm

Well, in light of recent knowledge, I feel this debate has been settled for us. Good game, Shaq!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:15 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
Well, in light of recent knowledge, I feel this debate has been settled for us. Good game, Shaq!
Yeah, boy. GG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: who would fit most out of all   Today at 10:17 am

Back to top Go down
 
who would fit most out of all
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Character Discussion :: Unofficial Characters-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum