New Training Mode: More than just Training! BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Training Mode: More than just Training!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should we add This as the Training Mode?
Yes
New Training Mode: More than just Training! Bar_left97%New Training Mode: More than just Training! Bar_right
 97% [ 28 ]
Keep the Old Mode
New Training Mode: More than just Training! Bar_left3%New Training Mode: More than just Training! Bar_right
 3% [ 1 ]
We don't need a Training Mode
New Training Mode: More than just Training! Bar_left0%New Training Mode: More than just Training! Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

New Training Mode: More than just Training! Empty
PostSubject: New Training Mode: More than just Training!   New Training Mode: More than just Training! EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:13 pm

I had an AWESOME idea for Training Mode.

Its like this, It isnt just a training mode. It is an overworld!
How it will work:

There will be a specific stage for Training Mode. This stage will be ENOURMOUS.
It will have a main platform in the direct center, which is flat and long. It will be like the Waiting Room in Brawl. It is obviously the main place to train. But other than that, there are various areas. These areas will simulate standard game hazards, like Spikes and Ice. SO there will be areas with these kinds of things. Train there to test for hazards and such. YOu can test a characters Jump Height, attack distance, everything. It would make it easier to find a characters best strengths and weaknesses. Of course, a Sandbag would be there to test moves on. There should be a menu option to respawn it. Oh, the menu would also still be there. For slowing things down and spawning items. If Possible, the Menu should also allow the viewing of hitboxes. Also spawning enemies from the Adventure mode, if need be. (Or should I say, if Programmable)

THe main middle platform can be isolated from the rest of the stage via a place in its middle. From there, you can select a 2nd player (test dummy) and a training stage (one of the actual stages). YOu may also switch the character you're currently using from here. You will be able to return to the hub world through an option in the menu.

Now for the rest of the Stage, it will double as an overworld-type place. THere will be a section of the bottom where there will be a small town-looking place. THis town will randomly have characters from other games serving as the citizens (randomly spawned upon entering the Training Mode) WHo will technically count as the 'spectators' of the matches. These characters can be talked to, each coming with their own dialouge. Some characters have a chance of either giving you a new card, or giving you a 'Special Event Match', which would be an Event Match that you cant get normally.

THere will also be a small shop in the middle of town. With that shop, you can buy new Card Packs and Trade for other Cards.

I would be making this whole mess of a project myself. No help needed, I promise. :3

All in favor, consult the Poll.

Last edited by GigaPichu on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
plasmis
Level 5 CPU
plasmis

PostSubject: Re: New Training Mode: More than just Training!   New Training Mode: More than just Training! EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:20 pm

You know what this reminds me of? This reminds me of the hyperbolic chamber from Dragon Ball Z. xD That was an excellent place to train as well!
Back to top Go down
Masaomi
Level 6 CPU
Masaomi

PostSubject: Re: New Training Mode: More than just Training!   New Training Mode: More than just Training! EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:29 pm

Lol I agree with Plas. Also, voted yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Training Mode: More than just Training!   New Training Mode: More than just Training! EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:56 pm

I LOVE THIS IDEA.
Perhaps after doing a series of events, an unlockable character will appear, which you can battle to unlock?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: New Training Mode: More than just Training!   New Training Mode: More than just Training! EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Reminds me of a TF2 modded stage I love to train in, voted yes.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: New Training Mode: More than just Training!   New Training Mode: More than just Training! EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:34 pm

New Training Mode: More than just Training! 800px-Ssbm-testmap
^This should be the Training Mode stage. lol

I don't think Training Mode needs NPC's or anything, but it should be designed to actually allow players to test things out for battles in a way much more like traditional fighting games (Super Street Fighter IV has a very well made training mode, for example). We need to focus less on outside modes and more on the game-play of the matches.
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
Dry

PostSubject: Re: New Training Mode: More than just Training!   New Training Mode: More than just Training! EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:57 am

...I remember that, DMX. That's a glitch stage from Melee, isn't it? The background looks oddly familiar.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: New Training Mode: More than just Training!   New Training Mode: More than just Training! EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:06 am

It was the stage used by developers to test out most of the gameplay. It can be used via Debug Menu, which can be accessed with an Action Replay.
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Training Mode: More than just Training!   New Training Mode: More than just Training! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Training Mode: More than just Training!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1