Share | 

The Big O (Anime)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slissith

Bowser
  ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: The Big O (Anime)   Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:32 pm

The Big O is an anime that I came across only recently.

I found a character's picture on google and thought: "this looks interesting, let's check it out".

Now while I do watch anime movies (studio ghibli etc) I'm not one to obsess over anime in episodaic formula. I find most of them to be full of stereotypes and to be completely unrealistic in terms of human interaction. Granted, the 90% of something popularised/commercialized tends not to be worth it.

However this specific anime blew my mind. Probably because it has a strong western vibe as it's heavily influenced by the noir genre and Batman the animated series. It's mecha anime that somehow makes mechas look... believable...

It's characters are extremely likelable and the dialogue is quite witty and straightforward.

Additionally it combines IMO mystery and action perfectly.

The soundtrack is an excellent blend of orchestrated pieces, noir jazz, 60's and 70's spy drama action music and some electronica here and there.

To sum it up, I can't recommend it enough. What you may not like is that season 2 has some notable differences from season 1.

The girl on the right is my waifu. You have been warned.

Thanks to you, I had to add two new rules.

VultureDuck wrote:
Crusade is a man's game

Jaklub wrote:
Post count ain't gonna raise itself.

Jaklub wrote:
this count down won't be uploaded to youtube, better enjoy it now.

Lego_Shaq wrote:
please dont think im actually racist

SmashBros._L0ver wrote:
fuck you slissith go to hell Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Big O (Anime)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1