Previous Versions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 5:26 pm

Is it possible to play previous versions of the game?
I want to see how this game evolved over time and how drastic the change was when the developers changed.
I'm just curious, you know?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 8:40 pm

I have some old versions lying around, it might be fun to work up an official thread for this. Needs more interest though.

Who would be interested in a DL list of older versions?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 9:09 pm

Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 11:31 pm

I meant when we had stages like rice beach and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 10:01 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I meant when we had stages like rice beach and stuff like that.

Rice beach was in .8.4, which I'm pretty sure is still on indiedb.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 12:03 pm

oooooooooooo, now I can see how different the game was a version ago,

yey Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 1:37 pm

I've got interest in this, if that counts for anything. I've heard ghost stories about 0.1, and I'd love to see how it lives up to the legends.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Ghost stories? You mean like spooky scary?

Now I'm more curious
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 2:36 pm

Well, I found this old version on the yoyo games sandbox. Can't really test it out since I got a mac. Just be careful in case it contains malware or something: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/184241-super-smash-bros-crusade-7
Back to top Go down
Fennec
Level 3 CPU
Fennec

KasaiTheBraixen

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 6:04 am

TaXMaN wrote:
Well, I found this old version on the yoyo games sandbox. Can't really test it out since I got a mac. Just be careful in case it contains malware or something: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/184241-super-smash-bros-crusade-7

It's 4 MB, so it's definitely a fake download.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/FireFenni/
SP

cellularSP

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 6:05 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Ghost stories? You mean like spooky scary?

Now I'm more curious

it's not as scary as jaklub.exe
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 7:51 am

I have some old ones on my Mediafire account. I removed a bunch of the old versions from public access due to a copyright claim, but nothing really came out of it. Not sure how I want to handle the situation yet.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Falcon8r wrote:
I have some old ones on my Mediafire account. I removed a bunch of the old versions from public access due to a copyright claim, but nothing really came out of it. Not sure how I want to handle the situation yet.

Do you have the Zant version? o-o
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 8:14 am

No, not sure what happened to that one. Which is kind of sad. I bet it's floating around on the internet somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 9:34 am

Falcon8r wrote:
No, not sure what happened to that one. Which is kind of sad. I bet it's floating around on the internet somewhere.

That's fine, I actually managed to find it by surfing around for a while (you get used to this after three years of trying to pinpoint obscure formerly-removed Japanese MUGEN characters). The only issue now is that I can't seem to find a safe download for Gamer Maker 7 Pro, and I can't buy it legally since that function doesn't even work anymore. Do you think that there could be any other way to open these old files?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 12:39 pm

What did you find, a gmk file?
I could turn that into a playable exe most likely
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 9:51 am

Perfect Hell wrote:
What did you find, a gmk file?
I could turn that into a playable exe most likely

Yes, actually. Would you like me to send it to you?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 2:55 pm

Pm it
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:46 pm

mega.co.nz/#F!DEEB0ayJ!_vVgbrhd7PVA_SgLqmMuaQ

Here they are, everyone; Two versions of Crusade that predate the changelog itself, courtesy of Perfect Hell!
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 8:10 pm

is it safe?
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 8:10 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
is it safe?

It was safe when I downloaded them. If you're still concerned ask Perfect Hell himself.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Idk Shiruza's source for the gmk files or how safe those were, nor do i know if an unsafe gmk translates to an unsafe .exe after conversion. Regardless, I encountered no issues nor did my antivirus pick anything up. I can make no guarantees but I am reasonably sure that they are safe.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 2:31 pm

I insta d/led it thinking it was a demo of 0.9.1 ;_;
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 4:33 am

Crimson Heights wrote:
I insta d/led it thinking it was a demo of 0.9.1 ;_;

#rekt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Previous Versions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Versions?   Previous Versions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Previous Versions?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1