HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Mii Fighters in SSBC?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Which ones gonna be?
A
100%
 100% [ 3 ]
B
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3
 

AuthorMessage
The21stSmasher
Level 2 CPU
avatar

  20
  xXThe21stGamerXx

PostSubject: Mii Fighters in SSBC?    Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:49 am

Long time no see, huh? Anyways, getting back on topic:
Tbh, I always wanted to know what it was like having Mii Fighters in Crusade, especially the Mii Brawler! But if that were to happen, we gotta decide doing 1 of 2 things:

A.) Have the 1111 B moves for ALL Mii Fighters

or B.) Decide on a custom combination for the Mii Fighters. (Which something like that can be done in the replies)

So, which one's gonna be? Is the idea any good? Can I it be done like this? Let me know and whatnot in the replies. afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  340

PostSubject: Re: Mii Fighters in SSBC?    Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:24 pm

C. None of the above.

The point of the Mii Fighters is to be able to customize them in a multitude of aspects:

-Who they are (any Mii you can think of, you can make them a fighter).
-Their fighting style (Brawler/Swordfighter/Gunner).
-Their Special Attacks.
-Their appearance (Outfits and Headgear).
-Certain attributes (The base speed, strength, range, and weight are influenced by the Mii's height and thickness in the Mii Maker).

This cannot reasonably be recreated through Crusade, and limiting it to just the generic Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, and Mii Gunner with a singular pre-defined set of Specials defeats the entire purpose of the Mii Fighter feature to the point it isn't even worth it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The21stSmasher
Level 2 CPU
avatar

  20
  xXThe21stGamerXx

PostSubject: Re: Mii Fighters in SSBC?    Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:41 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
C. None of the above.

The point of the Mii Fighters is to be able to customize them in a multitude of aspects:

-Who they are (any Mii you can think of, you can make them a fighter).
-Their fighting style (Brawler/Swordfighter/Gunner).
-Their Special Attacks.
-Their appearance (Outfits and Headgear).
-Certain attributes (The base speed, strength, range, and weight are influenced by the Mii's height and thickness in the Mii Maker).

This cannot reasonably be recreated through Crusade, and limiting it to just the generic Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, and Mii Gunner with a singular pre-defined set of Specials defeats the entire purpose of the Mii Fighter feature to the point it isn't even worth it.
You could of just said "None of the above" without the "C.)". That's kinda rude.

Also, you're saying that as if that point is mandatory. It's optional and whether it "defeats" the purpose or it's generic, shouldn't really outrule their appearance in the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  340

PostSubject: Re: Mii Fighters in SSBC?    Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:51 am

I put "C.)" to demonstrate I'm taking a 3rd option as opposed to the very limited choices present.

And yes, it should outrule their appearance.
No one looks at the Mii Fighters and goes "Oh look, I can play as this generic Mii!". They go "Oh look, I can play as myself/*insert person here* and I can customize how I/they fight!".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The21stSmasher
Level 2 CPU
avatar

  20
  xXThe21stGamerXx

PostSubject: Re: Mii Fighters in SSBC?    Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:10 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
I put "C.)" to demonstrate I'm taking a 3rd option as opposed to the very limited choices present.

And yes, it should outrule their appearance.
No one looks at the Mii Fighters and goes "Oh look, I can play as this generic Mii!". They go "Oh look, I can play as myself/*insert person here* and I can customize how I/they fight!".
Of course you would imply that I saying something like that when I clearly stated that customization is optional! You can talk about that day about that, yet that won't change that fact.

Ugh, I think I'm done here. Going back and forth on a typical topic's pointless.


Last edited by The21stSmasher on Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nohrian Sadist

avatar

  Random
  560
  cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Mii Fighters in SSBC?    Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:28 pm

The21stSmasher wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
I put "C.)" to demonstrate I'm taking a 3rd option as opposed to the very limited choices present.

And yes, it should outrule their appearance.
No one looks at the Mii Fighters and goes "Oh look, I can play as this generic Mii!". They go "Oh look, I can play as myself/*insert person here* and I can customize how I/they fight!".
Of course you would imply that I saying something like that when I clearly stated that customization is optional! You can rabble all day about that, yet that won't change that fact.

Ugh, I think I'm done here. Going back and forth on a typical topic's pointless.

I think golden means that the character is essentially pointless without the customization aspects.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

avatar

  Evil Ryu
  8836

PostSubject: Re: Mii Fighters in SSBC?    Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:30 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:

And yes, it should outrule their appearance.
No one looks at the Mii Fighters and goes "Oh look, I can play as this generic Mii!". They go "Oh look, I can play as myself/*insert person here* and I can customize how I/they fight!".

Although I'm in agreement with you overall, I feel this is worth mentioning. There ARE competitive Mii mains playing as the generic Mii (tournament doesnt allow most of the customizable aspects, although im unsure about appearance stuff since i dont really play the new game). They have separate tier list positions and everything. Having the generic Mii characters would at minimum serve the purpose of allowing the 1111 playstyles to be present, which some competitive players and clearly the OP would enjoy as simple as they are.

I still don't think it's worth it though, as that's a pretty small group to cater to with 3 full characters worth of work.

_________________
Perfect Hell

SSBC Head Character Balancer

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Competitive discussion is what I do

Crusade Movesets:  projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1613-pending-moveset-topic#45702
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The21stSmasher
Level 2 CPU
avatar

  20
  xXThe21stGamerXx

PostSubject: Re: Mii Fighters in SSBC?    Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:41 pm

Leafyon wrote:
The21stSmasher wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
I put "C.)" to demonstrate I'm taking a 3rd option as opposed to the very limited choices present.

And yes, it should outrule their appearance.
No one looks at the Mii Fighters and goes "Oh look, I can play as this generic Mii!". They go "Oh look, I can play as myself/*insert person here* and I can customize how I/they fight!".
Of course you would imply that I saying something like that when I clearly stated that customization is optional! You can rabble all day about that, yet that won't change that fact.

Ugh, I think I'm done here. Going back and forth on a typical topic's pointless.

I think golden means that the character is essentially pointless without the customization aspects.
Which I thought that can be somehow inevitable for the game, but more likely not at that point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mii Fighters in SSBC?    

Back to top Go down
 
Mii Fighters in SSBC?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Looking for Catachan Jungle fighters
» King of Fighters OT
» Krazeh's SSBC Mods
» Fighters Destiny/Fighters Destiny 2
» Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Suggestion Board-
Jump to:  
Forumotion.com | Games | Platform games | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com