View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptySun May 31, 2015 8:57 pm

Stay fresh!

Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion Jsjek8tiprjvcvqz33ce

(Listen to this as you read on)

From Nintendo's newest IP, comes the Inkling! More specifically, the female one on the right.

Now, what makes this character so special? Ink! The character relies on covering the stage in ink - nearly every one of her attacks does this! Opponents move a lot slower in her ink, making it easy to land a few solid hits. However, the downside is that the ink only lasts on the stage about 15 seconds, so she needs to constantly apply it.

There is another issue Inkling has to deal with: ammo! It will recharge completely on death or final smash, but to recover it mid- battle, she needs to take a dive with her crouch.

Without further ado, part of her moveset:

Crouch: Squid
Pressing crouch creates a small puddle at her feet and she dives into it in squid form. Doing this recharges her ink meter. In addition, if she moves through ink, she will move much faster than running. She can even jump while in this form!

A Combo: Splattershot
Inkling shoots a rapid-fire squirt gun, which covers a short distance in front of her in ink. The damage and knockback to opponents is minor, but this attack can be spammed very easily.

Forward Tilt: Splattershot
Essentially the same as her combo, she walks forward while shooting her splattershot while the button is held. The range and damage are slightly more than on the combo, but the fire rate is lower.

Dash Attack: Splat Roller
Inkling takes out a paint roller and charges ahead as long as the button is held down, covering a lot of ground in ink while also doing a good amount of damage and knockback. A great, all-around move, though doesn't have much range.

Up Tilt: Blaster
Inkling takes out a cannon and fires a small shot upward. After traveling a short distance or upon contact with an enemy, it explodes in a burst of ink. This has great knockback and comes out relatively quickly, but isn't much good for spreading ink and has a decent amount of endlag.

Down Tilt: Inkbrush Sweep
Inkling sweeps the inkbrush in front of her. It's not very strong, but it comes out fast, spreads a bit of ink, and she can follow up from it.

Forward Smash: Splat Charger
Inkling takes out a sniper rifle and charges it. Releasing the button fires a concentrated shot of ink that covers a line up to the maximum distance. If fully charged, this attack has massive range, damage, and knockback if it connects. Unlike other smash attacks, you can hold the maximum charge and wait for an opponent to get within range.

Up Smash: Splatling
Inkling takes out a heavy gatling gun and aims it upward, revving it up. Releasing fires a large number of shots straight upward, dealing a bunch of rapid hits before ejecting the helpless opponent. It doesn't cover much ground in ink, but it's very powerful.

Down Smash: Dynamo Roller
Inkling charges up, and slams a big paint roller down. This has heavy knockback if it hits, but is quite slow. It also sprays some ink forward, which has a minor effect on opponents.

Neutral Aerial: Splattershot
Pretty much identical to the neutral combo, she shoots out some ink with her splattershot. Minor damage and knockback, but useful for covering the ground and keeping opponents away.

Forward Aerial: Inkbrush Swipe
Inkling takes out a paintbrush and swipes it forward. The swing itself does moderate damage and knockback, and it lets loose some ink above her for some extra damage (which eventually falls to the ground to cover some turf if no one is hit).

Up Aerial: Inkbrush Jab
Inkling takes out a paintbrush and stabs it above her head. It comes out fast with little endlag, but it's not very strong and doesn't spread any ink.

Back Aerial: Slosher
Inkling takes out a bucket and flings some ink behind her. It does quite a bit of damage and knockback, as well as spreading a good amount of ink. It does use up a lot of her resources, though.

Down Aerial: Aerospray
Inkling takes out the Aerospray and fires a rapid barrage of shots below her. It doesn't do much damage or knockback, but it's very fast and covers a good amount of ground in ink.

Grab: Sucker
Inkling attempts to grab an opponent. If she connects, her hair also latches on.

Pummel: Gun Butt
Inkling bashes the opponent with her splattershot. The only real melee attack she has, but it'd be weird for the pummel to be anything else.

Forward Throw: Splattershot
Inkling throws the opponent forward before unleashing a barrage of shots into him/her. Very similar to Mewtwo's.

Up Throw: Up Chuck
Inkling chucks her opponent upward, and follows it up with a headbutt. Fairly standard as far as attacks go, but it has the most knockback out of all of her throws.

Back Throw: Splattershot
Extremely similar to the forward throw, Inkling does a roundhouse throw before unleashing a barrage of shots.

Down Throw: Come on and SLAM!
Inkling takes the opponent and slams him/her into the ground, knocking them up slightly. Like a lot of down throws, she can combo this into another attack (such as forward aerial or up tilt).

Neutral Special: Bomb
Inkling takes out a bomb and throws it. If you tap the button and release quickly, a Burst Bomb comes out, which explodes immediately upon hitting any surface or opponent, doing light damage and knockback. If the special button is held down, it can be aimed (ala Yoshi Eggs) and is instead a Splat Bomb, which explodes after a couple seconds, dealing heavy damage and knockback while using a lot more ink. If down is held as the direction, then it instead becomes a Seeker Bomb, which acts identically to a Bombchu, traveling forward (leaving ink as a trail), exploding after a short time or upon contact with an opponent. The Seeker does a great amount of damage and knockback, yet uses a lot of ink.

Side Special: Splash Wall
Inkling deploys a device that creates a wall of ink in front of her. It has a height that's about 1.5x her height and doesn't cover much of any terrain with ink. However, it lasts a long time and blocks opposing projectiles, while letting hers through. It also deals a lot of damage to any opponent who passes through it. After taking enough damage, the wall is destroyed (~15%).

Up Special: Super Jump
Inkling turns into a squid. After a brief charge time, she is launched into the air. This trajectory can be altered slightly, with the default at a 80 degree angle. This does no damage or knockback, and she is released from the squid form about halfway down (or if she grabs a ledge), giving enough time for a small attack before landing. She can use this even if she's out of ammo.

Down Special: Sprinkler
Inkling places a sprinkler at her feet, which attacks with light rapid shots around it. It stays out until destroyed (it has 5% health).

Final Smash: Kraken
Inkling turns into a giant squid! While in this form, she leaves a trail of ink wherever she goes and does massive damage by jumping into opponents. Otherwise, this form is the same as the down special. In addition, upon use, her ammo is fully recharged.
(Alternate final smashes could be Inkstrike or Killer Wail, but I thought the Kraken would be more fun)

Supporters: 36
Roy
VultureDuck
Moats
Perfect Hell
Lego Shaq
CJ
Creppy pasta man
TheAmazingMemer
Mikael_Fernandes
Naughty Ottsel
UberChaos11
HypeConduit
Braystar
Smash King
desu
Pakeli
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Leafyon
ZaiWolfgang
ArtyTank
Sean_McMuffin
lordvaati
SS_Maeweather
Athorment
DestinyIntwined
eris27100
Bedoop Bro
JIMJAM
OmegaSteve777
thebuddyadrian
lightdasher
Lockhead
Axel
Zero of Time
MisterValentine
wheeled_tank

Last edited by Roy on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:41 am; edited 28 times in total
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 6:28 am

Might as well. Support.
Back to top Go down
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 11:20 am

VultureDuck wrote:
Might as well. Support.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 11:37 am

Although i haven't played it yet, the moveset seems well done, good job.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 5:42 pm

Amazing moveset, good job, pal! I'll be shocked if the Inkling isn't in the main roster, just as a after-last-minute decision, haha.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 7:31 pm

Good moveset Support

Last edited by CJ on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 8:21 pm

Updated the moveset with a dash attack and aerials. I think I covered (heh) most of the significant weapons in Splatoon. Don't really have a place for the Splattershot Jr (maybe an edge-getup attack?) or the other sniper rifles, and there are some weapons that don't really have a place in Smash Bros (Echolocator, Point Sensor, Beacon). Still, I feel this has done pretty good justice for the game as a whole.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to chip in. I haven't really given this too much thought - just enough to fit a weapon to each move.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 6:35 am

I really dislike parts of this moveset. I don't like how all of her aerials are projectiles, I don't really like the specials other than Squid and Launch Pad and so on. Though I support the character, without a doubt.

Squid should be changed to either Neutral or Side Special, as it needs to be easily activated and is a more important part of the Inkling's character than the Inkzooka.

The Forward smash is fine, though the other smashes can be changed. The Down Smash can be changed to the Inkling charging the Splat Charger diagonally downwards like Lucas and Mewtwo. The Up Smash could have her throwing a Splat Bomb upwards, like Villagers Up Smash but not multi-hit.

One thing we haven't used yet is the Paintbrush, which I think we can use in the aerials. Her neutral air could be a short-ranged version of the sprinkler, though. Her forward air could have her swiping the Paintbrush in front of her like with Mega Man's Fair in SSB4, her back air could be a horizontal swipe instead and her up and down airs could have her splash ink from the paintbrush below or above her. Oh, and the victory theme should obviously be the victory theme from Splatoon. Also, why only the girl Inkling? That's like only including the girl Villager dude.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 8:30 am

Mellon wrote:
I really dislike parts of this moveset. I don't like how all of her aerials are projectiles, I don't really like the specials other than Squid and Launch Pad and so on. Though I support the character, without a doubt.

Squid should be changed to either Neutral or Side Special, as it needs to be easily activated and is a more important part of the Inkling's character than the Inkzooka.

The Forward smash is fine, though the other smashes can be changed. The Down Smash can be changed to the Inkling charging the Splat Charger diagonally downwards like Lucas and Mewtwo. The Up Smash could have her throwing a Splat Bomb upwards, like Villagers Up Smash but not multi-hit.

One thing we haven't used yet is the Paintbrush, which I think we can use in the aerials. Her neutral air could be a short-ranged version of the sprinkler, though. Her forward air could have her swiping the Paintbrush in front of her like with Mega Man's Fair in SSB4, her back air could be a horizontal swipe instead and her up and down airs could have her splash ink from the paintbrush below or above her. Oh, and the victory theme should obviously be the victory theme from Splatoon. Also, why only the girl Inkling? That's like only including the girl Villager dude.
Noted. I didn't try too hard with her aerials, and I couldn't think of any other melee attacks at the time. The Inkbrush wasn't released yet... but that works.

Agreed that the squid is more important and the Inkzooka isn't really that important. I don't like the idea of it being a side special - that means that you have to move to turn into a squid, making it difficult to refill your ink if you're out. Does that mean Inkzooka should be down special? Or is there a better idea?

Those smashes could work, but it seems kind of a shame that the sniper rifle wouldn't be used to hit far away targets.

As for why only the girl Inkling - she's more iconic for Splatoon, and including both is more work for spriters.

I'll get around to updating the OP with these suggestions eventually, but today is Smash U day with ROY.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 12:37 pm

Roy wrote:
Mellon wrote:

Noted. I didn't try too hard with her aerials, and I couldn't think of any other melee attacks at the time. The Inkbrush wasn't released yet... but that works.

Agreed that the squid is more important and the Inkzooka isn't really that important. I don't like the idea of it being a side special - that means that you have to move to turn into a squid, making it difficult to refill your ink if you're out. Does that mean Inkzooka should be down special? Or is there a better idea?

Those smashes could work, but it seems kind of a shame that the sniper rifle wouldn't be used to hit far away targets.

As for why only the girl Inkling - she's more iconic for Splatoon, and including both is more work for spriters.

I'll get around to updating the OP with these suggestions eventually, but today is Smash U day with ROY.
Hmm, that's right...I've changed my mind, we can keep Squid at Down B. As for sniping opponents with the charger, my other idea is putting it on Side B instead. When used, the Inkling will pick up the charger and start charging it, while being able to walk around. Then she would fire a long trail of ink in whatever direction she was facing when the charge begun. It could K.O most opponents at 60%, with the tradeoff being a long chargetime and not being able to change where you're aiming once the charge starts. Now, what to do with the Down Smash...
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Updated the OP to take into account some of your ideas. I still think the Aerospray and .52 Gal should get some representation so I left them in the aerials. I felt like the charger would work better if you stood still and had to aim as opposed to be able to move with it.

Only thing I'm not sure on is the neutral aerial... I like the sprinkler being usable on the ground for control, so I put in a generic kicking move there. Was also thinking about something with sea snails, but couldn't figure out how to implement it.
Back to top Go down
Creppy pasta man
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 6:41 pm

I know iam new but i have seen this suggestion and Gex one so i will support this
Back to top Go down
TheAmazingMemer
Level 1 CPU
TheAmazingMemer

Faves3000

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 8:14 am

Yeah, I mean, I'd play this.

Support
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 6:02 am

I do not like how certain things are implemented. I also think that trying to represent a bunch of weapons makes for a cluttered moveset; the weapon the inkling will hold will be constantly changing, making it look odd; especially taking into account the jab and forward tilt, if you're standing still then start to move, it'd change instantly.

Honestly, the only required weapons to see are the 3 main weapon types: Splattershot, Splat Charger, and Splat Roller. I feel as though all the other weapons are unnecessary and honestly make the moveset feel a tad cluttered.

You have a decent representation of sub weapons, but there is a lack of suction bombs and seekers. Also, some of the ways the subs are placed in the moveset is somewhat baffling to me. Up tilt? Up smash? Switching a bomb to a neutral special and allowing the player to arc their shot like Yoshi's egg lay would be nice.

For the up special, in the game there is no need for a "launch pad" to perform a Super Jump. Just having the inking jump upwards a good distance would suffice, no need for anything to appear underneath it.

The "shrimp kicks" move also seems out of place to me. You have the inkling use weapons for every single move, then... random kicking. Why not pull a Mega Man and have neutral aerial be more shooting of the splattershot?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 11:58 am

StayPuft wrote:
I do not like how certain things are implemented. I also think that trying to represent a bunch of weapons makes for a cluttered moveset; the weapon the inkling will hold will be constantly changing, making it look odd; especially taking into account the jab and forward tilt, if you're standing still then start to move, it'd change instantly.

Honestly, the only required weapons to see are the 3 main weapon types: Splattershot, Splat Charger, and Splat Roller. I feel as though all the other weapons are unnecessary and honestly make the moveset feel a tad cluttered.

You have a decent representation of sub weapons, but there is a lack of suction bombs and seekers. Also, some of the ways the subs are placed in the moveset is somewhat baffling to me. Up tilt? Up smash? Switching a bomb to a neutral special and allowing the player to arc their shot like Yoshi's egg lay would be nice.

For the up special, in the game there is no need for a "launch pad" to perform a Super Jump. Just having the inking jump upwards a good distance would suffice, no need for anything to appear underneath it.

The "shrimp kicks" move also seems out of place to me. You have the inkling use weapons for every single move, then... random kicking. Why not pull a Mega Man and have neutral aerial be more shooting of the splattershot?
I personally don't think that constantly changing weapons is clunky (take a look at PSASBR if you want to see that in action), but it could really go either way. A few weapons I'd still really like to see show up even if only the 3 primary weapons fill up most of the moveset (Aerospray is so popular that it should be present somewhere).

Only having one bomb on neutral special removes the other 2 (assuming splat, burst, and suction), and using another special to switch seems like a bad cop-out. Unless each use of the special switches between the 3... but that kind of ruins the point of the burst bombs, doesn't it? I do agree that it seems odd how the bombs are melee attacks rather than, well, bombs.

Agreed on the up special. As for 'Shrimp Kicks', it was mainly because of the request to have more melee aerial attacks. The original moveset had a lot more projectiles in the air.

I'll get around to updating the moveset with these suggestions... hopefully I can come up with something that makes everyone happy.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 7:09 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I've updated the OP with the suggestions. I feel like this set is pretty optimal now, but I'm always open to suggestions.

Note: I know the neutral special is complicated, but I wanted the player to have control over which bomb is used without needing a second special slot to switch between them.
Back to top Go down
Mikael_Fernandes
Level 3 CPU
Mikael_Fernandes

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 9:51 am

Splatoon is being a big hit. Mine as well support it
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 9:56 am

I never said support, but yeah support
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 5:10 pm

Yeah, great moveset, relevant character, unique playstyle, support!
Back to top Go down
Sk00ps

Sk00ps

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 5:18 pm

I've never played Splatoon, but I have seen other people played and I did some research I. The game. The move set is really well thought out and contains a great amount of references to Splatoon. The Final Smash could be interchangeable tbh. Kinda like how Ryu's is. I support!
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 10:09 pm

I support the inkling. If we were to only to have only one of the genders I'd probably go for the girl since they're more iconic.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 12:26 am

So...with the new updates, any chance of adding Slosher and Splatling to the moveset as well?
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 3:59 am

Nice! Support! I do feel like the FS could be the Inkzooka, that shoots ink tornadoes, lifting opponents in the air while not only doing damage, but they move with the tornado. But that's just me. Maybe we could take a leaf out of Ryu's book and have multiple Final Smashes, and you choose before each match like Ryu. Just an idea, because the Inklings have lots of Special weapons
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 5:08 am

I support this. A fresh and highly popular face in this generation of gaming
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 7:06 am

Support, the idea of painting all the stage would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 8:09 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
So...with the new updates, any chance of adding Slosher and Splatling to the moveset as well?
Slosher is bair and Splatling is usmash. I updated that back when that update first came out.

Braystar wrote:
Nice! Support! I do feel like the FS could be the Inkzooka, that shoots ink tornadoes, lifting opponents in the air while not only doing damage, but they move with the tornado. But that's just me. Maybe we could take a leaf out of Ryu's book and have multiple Final Smashes, and you choose before each match like Ryu. Just an idea, because the Inklings have lots of Special weapons
Having multiple Final Smashes would work. Though, I feel like the Killer Wail and the Inkstrike look more final-smashish than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 10:03 am

I support.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 10:06 pm

I realized I forgot to include her grab and throws. Fairly standard, nothing special... but they're included now.
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 11:00 am

Support.
Back to top Go down
ZaiWolfgang
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 1:17 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion   Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Inkling (Splatoon) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next