HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:55 am

P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion P3_Protagonist_render

Background
Name: P3 hero (Persona Q's default/trailer name), Minato Aristao (Manga), Makato Yuki (Movie)
Occuption: SEES Member/Leader, High School Student
First Appearence: "Persona 3"

Background
The unnamed protagonist of Persona 3 is a transfer student enrolling in Gekkoukan High School in Iwatodai City. He is one of those characters whose personality and life is determined by the player’s actions and choices. An orphan who lost his parents at a young age, the protagonist becomes involved with the group SEES, whose goal is to eradicate the Dark Hour, one of the main plot points the game. Much like the other members, he can utilize a Persona, which allows him to fight Shadows, the main enemies in the game. Along with the other members of SEES, the protagonist fights to uncover the secrets of the Dark Hour and Tartarus.

How is he relevant to Nintendo?
Despite his first game not having an appearance on an Nintendo console, his most "recent" game, Persona Q (a crossover between the worlds of Persona 3 and 4), is an exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS.

Why should he be included in Crusade?
-His character, personality, life, and (to an extent) appearance is determined/affected by the player’s own choices, which is something not yet introduced in Crusade.
-Representation of the Persona series.
-Representation of the RPG/Social Simulator genre

How would he play?
The P3 Hero is somewhat of a balanced character, with decent attacks and throws. However, he possesses a unique ability called the Wild Card, which allows him to utilize numerous Personas in the game. This is translated into his gameplay, where his specials, throws, and attacks can be followed up with one of his two main Personas:
Personas:
Personas (2):
-Status Aliments: As stated earlier, depending on certain attacks, Thanatos can inflict status ailments onto fighters, which have a variety of effects,
- Poison: Deals continuous damage to an opponent. Inflicted by Virus Breath
- Fear: Attacks may miss/become weaker. Inflicted by Evil Smile
NOTE: Regardless of which Persona is currently active, the throws remain the same.

Moveset
Some of his moves are either based off of attacks in Persona 3 or some of Yu Narukami's attacks in Persona 4 Arena.

Movelist:

Additional Possibilities:
 Smash Attacks Alts:
In addition to being able to use swords in the original Persona 3, the protagonist was able to use other types of weapons before being restricted to just short swords. This could be used in his normal attacks/tilts.
S-Tilt: swings a broadsword forward, deals heavy damage but slow startup and ending
U-Tilt: performs a quick uppercut with some boxing gloves
D-Tilt: pulls a bow and shoots an forward slightly tilted upward. Has long range
F-Air: pulls out an axe and swings it downwards; acts as a meteor hit
B-Air: jabs behind him using a spear

Why him and why not Yu Narukami from Persona 4?
Why not, indeed? For one reason, Yu Narukami himself has been a number of other games and spin-offs (including the Arena series, a remake of Persona 4, Persona Q, and even a dancing game!). The P3 Hero, however was the reason people got interested in the Persona series, and that is what allowed it to be localized and ported outside of Japan. That was one of the reasons I chose to suggest him instead of Yu. Just as Marth and Roy got everyone interested in Fire Emblem, Persona 3 was what got people interested in this series.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 12:10 pm

Now this, I can dig it. Support!
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:13 pm

Personally I would prefer Teddie for a Persona character, but you know, whatever.

I'll happily support
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:30 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Personally I would prefer Teddie for a Persona character, but you know, whatever.

I'll happily support

We can't have Teddie because Winnie the Pooh is already in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:52 pm

i'll support too
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 2:49 pm

I prefer Narukami over Minato, but still support.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptyFri May 01, 2015 6:22 am

I don't have any knowledge of the Persona series, but I'm pretty sure that the protagonist of the 1st game should get in before the protagonist of the 3rd.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:32 am

By that logic, Ninten should get in before Ness. Kappa
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:59 pm

Mellon wrote:
I don't have any knowledge of the Persona series, but I'm pretty sure that the protagonist of the 1st game should get in before the protagonist of the 3rd.

Persona as a series wasn't as well defined in the first game iirc.
Back to top Go down
Forest Bug Productions
Level 3 CPU
Forest Bug Productions

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptySun May 03, 2015 6:02 am

Welp, you beat me to starting a Yu Narukami thread, but it's worth it seeing how this thread is just epic! Support all the way.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptySun May 03, 2015 7:35 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
You got me! Clap

No but seriously, having the second character come in before the first is acceptable, but the third? That's where I raise my eyebrows. Like, imagine if Ness was replaced by Lucas if Earthbound 64 had been released before Smash.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptySun May 03, 2015 10:09 am

Mellon wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
You got me! Clap

No but seriously, having the second character come in before the first is acceptable, but the third? That's where I raise my eyebrows. Like, imagine if Ness was replaced by Lucas if Earthbound 64 had been released before Smash.

This was actually exactly what was going to happen but the delay happened and they put Ness in instead

Last edited by Dustination on Sun May 03, 2015 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptySun May 03, 2015 11:32 am

If the delay wouldn't have happened, then it would have been Ness that we would get in SM4SH as a DLC and not Lucas. geek
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptySun May 03, 2015 12:34 pm

Yeah, but at least Ness was in one smash game.
Back to top Go down
MeatOfJustice
Level 1 CPU
MeatOfJustice

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:56 am

You have my support for this!
Back to top Go down
NagaCr0w
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 3:15 am

Fun fact,the only reason the P3 and P4 characters are more popular is because they are from more modern,streamlined RPGs. For instance,the original Persona was based off of Shin Megami Tensei (The RPG deemed to inappropriate for the western market) and didn't really deviate that far from the structure.) As the games went along,they began to get more like Pokemon or what have you to keep the challenge for veteran players,but give new players a way to understand the concepts. That's MOST of the reason that the P3 and P4 protags are so well known,the other part being spoilers,I'm not gonna dive that far into it. It also is worth mentioning that the P4 protag has been in fighting games before. I support this because I feel the P3 protag is really under-rated as the main hero and should get some more face time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/IsolationIsPower
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 8:33 am

Mellon wrote:
Yeah, but at least Ness was in one smash game.
The reason, as many have told you before, that Minato would be in before the first protag, is because barely anyone knows that protags name, first off.

P1, compared to P3, has 1% of P3 and P4's EXPLOSIVE popularity.

Personally, despite loving the series, I'd find it very weird to see Yu or Minato in Smash.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:05 pm

Not bad the idea.

Persona Series is one of my most favourite RPG sagas ever. So, I don't know why he can't be playable.

The Moveset seems interesting. So, support!
Back to top Go down
TheRedBeast
Level 3 CPU
TheRedBeast

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 6:27 am

wait a minute, he was use his initial weapon (the sword:Gladius) o he fight with the dude hands and he variation intro the weapon he can use in his game?
Back to top Go down
NessAtx
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 11:47 pm

I feel like there's more Personae you could put into the Wild Card, but that's just me. I was thinking that the main Personae would be ones that represent the elements that P3MC can use, like Orpheus, Titania, Oberon, etc. Other than that I fully support the idea
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 12:17 am

Would you believe me I support him and Joker at the same time...?
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 11:11 pm

i just want a persona char
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion   P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

P3 Hero/Minato Arisato (Persona 3) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1