View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 7:07 pm

arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion Img203606_l arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion 2387699-carbuncle

Arle Nadja is the main character (usually) of the Puyo Puyo games. She is a girl with magic powers and loves to play Puyo Puyo. Puyo Puyo is very large in Japan, rivaling Tetris in popularity. Having a someone to represent the falling puzzle genre is something we need. She would also play differently from other characters because she'll mostly play with puyo blobs. Some people say that she is a Sega character, there for she shouldn't be included, but most Puyo Puyo games were on Nintendo Consoles after the Sega consoles died.

She is followed by her companion Carbuncle, he only is used for the side special.

Moveset
Spoiler:

A Video for Reference (Only the first 15 seconds)
Spoiler:

Supporters: 14
Support List
Spoiler:

Last edited by OmegaSteve777 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:17 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 11:04 pm

Nice work
Replaced
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 12:33 am

Support. But only if her design will be based on the older Puyo Puyo games.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 10:13 pm

To be honest, the new Arle is the most iconic Arle. Why would we use the Arle that isn't important anymore?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:59 am

Because Smash Bros is all about classic, and Arle from older Puyo Puyo is more classic than...ugh...Puyo Pop...
I mean, classic is the only reason why Pit has got only two frames for his hammer animation and why MegaMan has got no voice acting and...well and the reason for many more things in the Smash games.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 1:44 pm

To be honest you have valid points, but I'd rather just have 16-year old Arle than 6-year old Arle.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 8:27 pm

I like his classic costume morearle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion Character_Arle_PuyoPuyoSun_Results
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 11:14 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
To be honest you have valid points, but I'd rather just have 16-year old Arle than 6-year old Arle.
Pretty sure he meant the classic art style 16 year old Arle.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 11:41 pm

you mean this one?
arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion Xcfbhdfjnmfrktyd
Back to top Go down
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 4:14 pm

Well more like 1, 2, and Sun.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 6:05 pm

So this one? Don't look 16.
arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion Zipyaru-20091106-32-00256
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 7:04 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
you mean this one?
Spoiler:

Personally I like this design the most, but if we're going for what people will recognize it's probably going to be the one in the OP.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyMon May 04, 2015 10:02 pm

Yay! Somebody agreed with me! Also fun fact according to the wiki, she wears the same clothes 365 days a year. Huh.

In any case however, I thought about it, and I realized something.

Arle Nadja first appeared in Madou Monogatari in 1990. She later appeared in Puyo Puyo in 1991. The reason that I picked Arle Nadja is becaused I thought there had to be Puyo Puyo character in the game. But now I see that Arle also appeared in a dungeon crawler before she was in Puyo Puyo. I thought a little bit longer and thought about maybe there should be a different character to represent Puyo Puyo. Then it hit me, Amitie.

Amitie is the main character of Puyo Pop Fever and is an important character to every game after it. Puyo Pop Fever was first released in 2004 for many different consoles. It appeared on the Gamecube, the Gameboy Advance, the DS, the PS2, the PSP, you can even play it on your computer! Puyo Pop Fever also got a sequel. Also Puyo Pop Fever is the first game to use Puyo Pop's signature art style.

Can I change my topic? It that possible? Or should I just make a new one?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyTue May 05, 2015 12:40 am

I think you should do a new topic for Amitie (although I was never a fan of Puyo Pop), but still keep this Arle topic.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyTue May 05, 2015 4:36 pm

Okay, I'll hope that someone picks it up and does a Madou Monogatari moveset for Arle.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyTue May 05, 2015 10:51 pm

Actually, Arle's moveset doesn't have to be Madou Monogatari exclusive.
In my eyes, most her moves actually should be based on Puyo Puyo, since Madou Monogatari was never released outside Japan, and for the rest of the world, Arle's debut game was...well, Puyo Puyo.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyWed May 06, 2015 2:17 pm

Welp, already made a Amitie thread. Also, I just feel weird about the subject of having a character for this franchise, because first there was the dungeon crawler, that got a spin-off about a year later. Eventually the the dungeon crawler died off, but the spin-off still is alive today. Like what even
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:37 am

Hey, can someone remove the older Arle thread? I kept running into it instead of my own thread.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 2:03 am

Wait, there's a second Arle thread? Where?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 2:55 pm

It's the old one made by CyberFox, but it wasn't made very well and it was "replaced" by this one. But it still exists. Can we move it to the "How to not do it" thread?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 3:13 pm

No, because this thread is not awful.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 12:16 am

I know what you meant, but what I said still stands.
You thread is not awful, so your thread will not be removed.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 1:03 am

Oh, thanks for the compliment(?). But yeah, I think it would be best if we had only one Arle thread though.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 1:13 am

Actually, that should be the only one, and I still have no idea, why the older one is still not in the Wall of Shame, although it theoretically SHOULD be there...
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 9:07 pm

There are many different styles that Arle can have. But in the end she ends up with one of two different skirts:
Spoiler:

And then there are the many, many, many different styles Arle herself can look.
You got 80's anime Arle (Madou Monogatari)
Chibi Arle (Puyo Puyo)
The Darker Arle (Puyo Puyo~n)
and the Recent Arle (Puyo Puyo Fever onward)

The reason that I believe that the Recent Arle should get the spotlight is because she is the most constant. Ever since Puyo Puyo Fever came out in Japan in 2003, the style of Puyo Puyo changed forever. They finally settled on a style that stuck that more cutesy and colorful. I believe that this was the start of Sega realizing that there was a small competitive scene so they started throwing in super cool gimmicks such as the board turning upside down every once in a while. Also a fun fact, this is one of the two games that Sonic Team developed that got sequels. The other being Sonic the Hedgehog (Durr).

I spent about half an hour writing this. I HAVE NO LIFE
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 11:25 pm

As a huge Puyo Puyo fan, I think the best design to use for Arle would be one that incorporates both her classic and her modern designs.
And there just so happens to be an official design that fits this exact description: her design from Puyo Puyo Tetris.
Spoiler:
It's like, the perfect balance between old and new with the hairstyle, her outfit, the art style...everything. I highly suggest we use this design, if any.
Um, that being said, I support this character. A lot.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 11:30 pm

PERFECT 10/10

it's not a joke

thank you
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 12:35 am

Holy shit, that's actually a nice idea, especially since Smash 4 does a similar thing with Sonic.
Support!
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 8:43 am

Chaotic Chao wrote:
As a huge Puyo Puyo fan, I think the best design to use for Arle would be one that incorporates both her classic and her modern designs.
And there just so happens to be an official design that fits this exact description: her design from Puyo Puyo Tetris.
Spoiler:
It's like, the perfect balance between old and new with the hairstyle, her outfit, the art style...everything. I highly suggest we use this design, if any.
Um, that being said, I support this character. A lot.
Is Perfect, Support!!!
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   arle - Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next