I have joined the masses... I feel it's a mistake.No this post does not contain any explicit content and is safe for this board.
- Kyu Hype and Basic Information:
Kyu is a love fairy and your wingman (wingfairy?) throughout the majority of HuniePop and is widely considered the face of the game. Literally. Her face is the game's icon."Ok Doq, why Kyu?"
I would usually reply in "why not" but that would make this post more rejected than the character we shall not mention. Games that aren't Disney games (which aren't under guidelines anyway) for the most part don't have a supernatural fantasy character--known colloquially as fairies. In Nintendo's big names alone, the only fairies are fairy type Pokemon (Jigglypuff) and the fairy that follows Link in the Legend of Zelda games. And we already have Jigglypuff and Navi doesn't make any sense (although Fi might, not of the point though). But what about other fairies? I'm going to be very bleak, I don't know of any fairies in video games outside of Nintendo's, probably because the other two major platforms are focused on shooters and other miscellaneous eSports."Ok Doq, what makes Kyu so special over Fi?"
[or insert miscellaneous fairy I don't know about here]
I would need to give specific point for Kyu over whatever fairy you're asking of. Fi for instance (to answer this question) is a Legend of Zelda character, and 1. We already have too many of them to start with; 2. If we are adding more LoZ characters, there are a plethora of other characters (Groose, Ghirahim, Saria, etc.) that would potentially fit much better with their role.Archived arguments for Kyu versus other characters go between hereand here."Ok Doq, so Kyu is a fairy. What else does Kyu bring to the table?"
- As of this current roster there are no primarily PC platform reps. (Street Fighter does not count, they were on consoles first and primarily.)
- Kyu has the ability to make the game (and maybe the Smash series) more appealing to older players--both Bayonetta and Snake possess this but Snake is already in and Bayonetta is a kind of gray line for how far we go with this appeal (then again Kyu does as well but that isn't really of the point).
- Kyu has a really chilled out personality, but that isn't really important in a fighter.
- Kyu is a competitor to say, Lip
, for a puzzle game rep, even though Lip would 1000% be a much better rep for this."Ok Doq, [insert something not above here]?"
I'll answer that in a post, don't worry.