HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can we please implement this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Can we please implement this? Empty
PostSubject: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 1:47 pm

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register

Or something like it.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 2:24 pm

I second on this.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Good idea. We've had a lot of interesting topics made by newbies lately.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Yeah, I second this. About time.

Last edited by HypeConduit on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 5:15 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:05 pm

+2
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:13 pm

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Gamey DJ
Level 6 CPU
Gamey DJ

nah

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:56 pm

I would LOVE for this to be implemented.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:57 pm

Yes. Please implement this.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 9:55 pm

YEPPERS!!!
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:08 pm

Support

Does that mean that i can't be Johnny64 anymore? hope it isn't too generic XD
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:44 am

Johnny64 wrote:
Support

Does that mean that i can't be Johnny64 anymore? hope it isn't too generic XD

Yes, but you can still be Johny69.

Troll

And honestly, the usernames don't bother me that much, but a validation board would be extremely useful.
Back to top Go down
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 8:57 pm

Eh.

As long as people already registered don't have to do it. I hate being tested and I have nothing to share.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 8:33 am

I dont understand the numbers thing, that seems like an admin on that forum had bad experiences with a math teacher and is now afraid of numbers
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:15 am

StayPuft wrote:
I dont understand the numbers thing, that seems like an admin on that forum had bad experiences with a math teacher and is now afraid of numbers
Hi, I'm SuperSonicFan314159265! How are you?

hail hydra
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 12:39 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
StayPuft wrote:
Hi, I'm SuperSonicFan314159265! How are you?

hail hydra

SuperSonicFan314159265TM is copyrighted by C_Mill24 and may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without the prior, handwritten and signed consent of C_Mill24.

hail hydra
Back to top Go down
Mp3 Toaster

Mp3 Toaster

Lucario
  Mp3_Toaster

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 3:41 pm

I am not sure if I agree to this. I know this will be easier to filter out between the people who just uh, "have at it" and the ones who are reasonable and check up the rules. But the problem is that using this approach might "intimidate" even other reasonable people. How Sonic Retro handles it is really discouraging IMHO. Saying stuff like "We're serious about it and we don't mess around." just makes them sound a little too high and mighty. First impressions are very important. And this might ruin it for some people.

I say this with 100% honesty. Before I joined this forum. I was a lot more shy, quiet and generally was pretty nervous with joining pretty much any forum. But imagine if I never registered on this forum until now, and I got the sudden courage to join this community. Lets also assume this Registration form was added too, and it was worded the way like the example up there too. I would just turn back and not bother while getting the wrong impression that the community is too strict, when in reality it's not. Although now-a-days I fare better, and I understand why they do it. But I do get slightly hesitant when seeing such Registration forms even now.

Of course we could drop those "tough" words and instead focus on being welcoming while at the same time ask nicely to show discipline. But I am still not fond of forcing them either way. I get the impression that some people (even reasonable ones) would feel too nervous with doing it wrong. And people can get nervous over the smallest things.

Furthermore, is this really a prevalent enough of a problem to need it now? Most of these junk posts now are pretty short-lived. Plus, this forum is barely alive now. We desperately need more people and activity. And yet we are supposed to add another roadblock?

In the end. If we have to do something. I would prefer to find better ways to encourage people to introduce themselves without actually forcing them to do so.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 4:19 pm

This is a video game forum for Crusade. Let people come and enjoy chatting about Crusade without these up front rules and waiting lists. When they're acting like newbs, you don't have to respond if they're bringing up the same old questions. I also wouldn't wanna waste anyone's time reading the resumes of everyone that wants to join. People eventually learn not to be annoying. It'll take years, and then you can snub them if they never learn and they'll go away. I used to get snubbed a lot, because I posted to increase my post count back in the day. Like 10 years ago. Good old days with fan games.

About the name thing, it could get confusing talking to Sonic12 and then sonic360 shows up, that's why you look for the avatar, everyone always has a unique avy. If you roll this out, do it quietly. Don't enforce it until you reach over 200 active members at one time, all day.

Edit: Ok, maybe you guys are talking about those who say offensive things and bring up topics that just shouldn't be. I don't know, I'm not around the forums unless an update crops up. Can't wait DAMN YOU NJ!!! So far away or I'd go to try out the update!!
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 8:40 pm

I will have to agree with Toast on this situation.

This forum isn't big enough to enforce such restriction. We need more visitors. And as Crimson Heights mentioned, those who don't learn eventually pick up on the rules or fade away.

Even though the Sonic references get extremely redundant, what can you expect from a gaming community who were born before 2005?
Back to top Go down
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 11:13 am

Mp3 Toaster wrote:
I am not sure if I agree to this. I know this will be easier to filter out between the people who just uh, "have at it" and the ones who are reasonable and check up the rules. But the problem is that using this approach might "intimidate" even other reasonable people. How Sonic Retro handles it is really discouraging IMHO. Saying stuff like "We're serious about it and we don't mess around." just makes them sound a little too high and mighty. First impressions are very important. And this might ruin it for some people.

I say this with 100% honesty. Before I joined this forum. I was a lot more shy, quiet and generally was pretty nervous with joining pretty much any forum. But imagine if I never registered on this forum until now, and I got the sudden courage to join this community. Lets also assume this Registration form was added too, and it was worded the way like the example up there too. I would just turn back and not bother while getting the wrong impression that the community is too strict, when in reality it's not. Although now-a-days I fare better, and I understand why they do it. But I do get slightly hesitant when seeing such Registration forms even now.

Of course we could drop those "tough" words and instead focus on being welcoming while at the same time ask nicely to show discipline. But I am still not fond of forcing them either way. I get the impression that some people (even reasonable ones) would feel too nervous with doing it wrong. And people can get nervous over the smallest things.

Furthermore, is this really a prevalent enough of a problem to need it now? Most of these junk posts now are pretty short-lived. Plus, this forum is barely alive now. We desperately need more people and activity. And yet we are supposed to add another roadblock?

In the end. If we have to do something. I would prefer to find better ways to encourage people to introduce themselves without actually forcing them to do so.
Pretty much how I feel about this.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 1:33 pm

Thanks for contributing, guys.

I admit that a reason I was drawn to this community (way back) was because it was more freindly and more open than Mcleod Gaming.

To suggest what I suggested, even though it does have a basis, means that I probably forgotten why people are attracted to this community in the first place.

And quite possibly, that I still need lessons in modesty.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 1:10 am

A forum I remember from a long time ago had a system where you could only make new topics if you had at least 25 posts. It won't stop all of the negative ones, but it'll stop the Spoon300 types.

One potential danger is that people will end up spamming even more, trying to get to the 25 post count. So, is it possible to change the forum coding such that deleted posts don't count towards post count? Alternatively, we can just rely on mods banning spammers before they reach 25.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we please implement this?   Can we please implement this? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can we please implement this?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: Forum Announcements-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com