HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mode concept - overworld-like classic mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tortwag
Level 1 CPU
Tortwag

Mode concept - overworld-like classic mode Empty
PostSubject: Mode concept - overworld-like classic mode   Mode concept - overworld-like classic mode EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 8:03 am

Hi everyone. Been a while since I hadn't visited this Forum, but I just wanted to post a suggestion. Might or might not be inspiring.
Not sure how I'd call that, but basically the idea is as follows:

-Though it will definitely appear like a rip-off of Smash Bros 4's organization (well the 3DS version at least), I believe that the idea behind the word "crusade" is, well, war-like travels (it's mostly a religious term as far as I know but ANYWAY).
The concept so far would be some kind of overworld map where the player would navigate until he reaches the final boss of the mode.
-Now, there would be a few twists in order to make such a mode more interesting. The first one would be that the player controls an actual ship on the map, and this ship allows him to visit various places, each place being a possible stage for the player to fight in against one CPU, several CPUs or even other events that would affect him in some way.
-Again following with the Crusade theme (or at least trying to), the mode would allow the player to select up to... Let's say 6 characters on the ship. AKA: one life per character. Or maybe the choice of having 1 character with six lives, or just up to 6 different characters in the ship.
-Example: one of the events could be falling in the ambush of an enemy ship, and a grouped (up to 3 vs 3) battle would occur, with you + 2 CPUs that would be 2 other characters available on your ship, or 2 clones of yourself if you only took one character (which implies 2 lives lost if both CPU Allies die in battle. That would make you want to be extra careful for both their sake and yours).
-Themes of this mode: exploration, bonuses and fights. It always ends with a Final boss, which means the goal is to make a less linear classic mode thing, and fitting the whole theme of the project.

And that's it so far. Another possible idea would be life-giving items scattered around the map (which would allow the player to select another fighter to join the ship, AKA yes one more life), but I'm not even sure if my idea is realistic enough to be even considered. I also have an idea of original boss (https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t3644p25-question-original-fighters-yay-or-nay <-- Should I repost it somewhere?), but that's for another topic.

Well... Comments are appreciated, and I hope this idea can help in any way. Good day to y'all!

~Tortwag

Last edited by Tortwag on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Mode concept - overworld-like classic mode   Mode concept - overworld-like classic mode EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 4:31 pm

I this this mode would be pretty cool for classic. It sounds pretty neat, and somewhat reminds me of something like Super Mario Galaxy 2's overworld, although that may be a faulty analogy. Regardless, this is, at the very least, unique.
Back to top Go down
Tortwag
Level 1 CPU
Tortwag

PostSubject: Re: Mode concept - overworld-like classic mode   Mode concept - overworld-like classic mode EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 4:51 pm

...Oh snap. I actually did not think AT ALL about the Super Mario Galaxy 2 map gimmick, that's a good point. The ship wouldn't be flying through space in this version, though.
But thanks! Glad you like the idea. I'm not sure how I could improve it yet, but meh. It's just a draft for now. I just hope it can be made somehow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mode concept - overworld-like classic mode   Mode concept - overworld-like classic mode Empty

Back to top Go down

Mode concept - overworld-like classic mode
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1