Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spoon300
Level 4 CPU

Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 5:37 pm

Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion HW_Cia

Cia is a powerful sorceress who was originally tasked with maintaining the balance of the Triforce. As an observer of the Triforce, her magic allowed her to witness eras of distant ages and the fates of all those who lived, but would never interfere. Although a good person at heart, she came to harbor serious affections for Link which in turn became deep-seated jealousy directed towards Princess Zelda. Corrupted by those feelings through a fragment of darkness, Cia pushed away her light into a separate personality. Desiring not just Link but also the world itself, Cia then turned to waging a war onto the kingdom of Hyrule. Now she fights as a Smash Warrior of the great Crusade.

Intro: Cia steps from a Portal of Darkness

Notable Palette Swaps: Her Gaurdian of Time Outfit, Without her Mask, Without both her Mask and Hat

Basic Attacks: one part Krystal (Her rod), one part Chun-Li (Kicking)

Smash Moves:
Forward+A: She uses her Rod like a Baseball Bat
Up+A: Dark Storm
Down+A: Her Whip Rod

Noteworthy Grabs:
Down+Throw: Spin Kick of Darkness
Up+Throw: Zelda, with a Darkness effect

Special Moves:

B : Shadow Barrier - Four Magic Circles shoot lasers at the enemy in front of Cia
B + Forwards : A Shadow Link appears in a Dash attack
B + Up : She uses the Dark Whip of her Rod to Clutch Herself to Safety
B + Down : Dark Pillars - Self Explainatory

Final Smash: Dark Slash - She sends Four Dark Links to Slash any nearby Smashers, Cia Finishes it off with Erupting Dark Pillars, and Plenty of 'Em
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:18 pm

Decent thread.  I would improve by;
- Adding Nintendo relevancy / game appearances
- Reasons why we would want this character
- A better moveset (half of it is rip-offs of other characters and there's no need to do that with a character so unique on her own)

So to answer those points for everyone, here's some stuff.

Game appearance: Hyrule Warriors
What's cool about this charater as a rep is that she is the main antagonist of Hyrule Warriors, and she was created as a character specifically for that game.  So, she basically reps it standalone, which is fitting since the game itself stands quite apart from the rest of the Zelda series.  She is also playable DLC now.

Why should she be in Crusade?
- Reps Hyrule Warriors, a unique, popular and recent/modern subsect of Zelda
- Cool and unique villain character
- Zelda representation in smash is quite Hero heavy, could use a villain balancing it out

Moveset stuff?  Well, watch this for an actually good idea of how she could play;

Also, her as a boss fight:
https://youtu.be/GdO3I8lOAzc?t=25m36s

Last edited by Perfect Hell on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Too recent for me. If this was a standalone franchise, then maybe. But this is a brand-new spin-off from an established franchise. Its too soon to call, imo.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:01 am

I support because of boobs.

Actually, Cia's a very interesting character, and I do actually support because I love Hyrule Warriors! I'd also love to see Lana, but if I were to choose between the two, Cia would be my choice. Just because she's really powerful in Hyrule Warriors.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 11:14 am

I would support Cia, mainly because she will be the first female villain.
Back to top Go down
Spoon300
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Glad you folks actually agree with me in wanting Cia in the game.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 3:16 pm

I really, really don't like Cia.

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
This is one reason I don't like her. <_<

- One-off Zelda villain from a spin-off.
- Yet another magic staff user when we have plenty of other options. (The whip is decent, though)
- Being female doesn't even add to her character (story-wise, it makes it worse)... we could have other, more unique female villains (Captain Syrup is a perfect example).
- If we really want another Zelda villain, I think it should be from a non-spin-off. Vaati is the clear choice there...

I tried the demo of Hyrule Warriors and it was incredibly boring to me. Maybe I'm just biased against her, but I don't see a good reason for inclusion besides 'zelda + villain + female' when another one-off in Veran would fit that just as well.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 3:40 pm

I dont support her either. I only made my post earlier to be more fair to the character and do it justice.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Roy wrote:
I really, really don't like Cia.

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
This is one reason I don't like her. <_<

- One-off Zelda villain from a spin-off.
- Yet another magic staff user when we have plenty of other options. (The whip is decent, though)
- Being female doesn't even add to her character (story-wise, it makes it worse)... we could have other, more unique female villains (Captain Syrup is a perfect example).
- If we really want another Zelda villain, I think it should be from a non-spin-off. Vaati is the clear choice there...

I tried the demo of Hyrule Warriors and it was incredibly boring to me. Maybe I'm just biased against her, but I don't see a good reason for inclusion besides 'zelda + villain + female' when another one-off in Veran would fit that just as well.

Perhaps I'm just bias as well, I really liked using Cia in the Hyrule Warriors DLC at my friends. She has a lot of potential actually, I'd be willing to make my own moveset later this week. I honestly do support her, I'd love to see her playable.

So congrats Spoon, this is the first character, and probably only character, that I'll support from your ideas. Cia's a great character, and could be a great addition to the story. Sure she's a one time character (Which I wish wasn't true) but she's really iconic, and a fun character to use. She'd be a great Hyrule Warriors representation.

(I'm actually just really bias since I had a fun time playing as her in Hyrule Warriors)
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 4:15 pm

Playstyle-wise, I have to admit she looks awesome.
Representation is the issue.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 4:44 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
Playstyle-wise, I have to admit she looks awesome.
Representation is the issue.

How so? She represents both female villains, and Hyrule Warriors, since she is the main antagonist...
Legit Spoilers for the game don't click otherwise:

I think she'd be a great candidate.

A powerful women antagonist, something that is less common for Nintendo.

(also she's a fun character to play as, I think I've made myself clear when I say she's the best Hyrule Warriors character possible)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Cia (Legend of Zelda) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1