Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 5:29 pm

The little boy who can make anything, here's Maxwell!

Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion Maxwell_Scribblenauts

Maxwell is the main character of the series Scribblenauts, which debuted on the DS and went on to produce multiple sequels on DS, Wii U, and PC. For those unfamiliar with the series, it is a puzzle game where you create objects to help you obtain special objects called starites. The catch? He can summon ANYTHING. The game's dictionary is comprised of some 23,000 words, and that's just the first game (that didn't even include adjectives). The latest game in the series combined him with DC so you could summon anything within the DC universe, including the many variations of each superhero.

So how would he be unique in Crusade? Since he can summon literally anything in existence, it's not difficult to design a moveset for him. The only challenge comes up in making a unique moveset, since it's so easy to borrow from other characters - so, all of his attacks leave something behind. This essentially gives him unmatched stage control, which he is going to need since he is fairly slow and lightweight.

I've only given a few moves to start us off, but there's really no limit on what he can do. Our imagination is the limit!

A: Takedown Punch
The only attack in his arsenal that doesn't involve summoning anything, he rears his hand back and slams it down in front of him. It's a single strong hit - if it connects, the opponent is knocked prone.

Ftilt: Melee Weapon
Maxwell takes a weapon and swings it in front of him. He keeps the sword after the attack is performed, acting like a normal item. Various can include a generic sword, axe, or shovel, among others.

Utilt: Wall
Maxwell summons a wall out of the ground in front of him, knocking enemies into the air. The wall sticks around for some time afterwards.

Dtilt: Glue
Maxwell places some glue on the ground, which temporarily traps opponents who touch it. It lasts a good amount of time and will dissapear after affecting an opponent.

Grab: Rope
Maxwell throws a rope and attempts to attatch to something..

Up Throw: Air Vent
Maxwell simply summons an air vent under the grabbed foe, launching them upward with no damage. The air vent stays afterward for a good amount of time.

Neutral Special: Summon
Maxwell scribbles something in his notebook, and a random character appears in front of him. These characters can be extremely weak (Child) to extremely powerful (Trex). Each character will walk around and attack anyone in front of it if able, and have its own HP. They will walk around for ~15 seconds before dissapearing, and Maxwell has a 2 character limit. There is a small chance of spawning a food item.

Up Special: Flight Device
Maxwell simply summons a way to fly, which he can use to fly freely around for a short amount of time. This does not affect his aerial attacks in any way, so he can still perform those normally. The flight options can range from slow wings to a fast jetpack.

Final Smash: Armageddon
Maxwell summons God riding Cthulu, quite possibly the coolest thing ever, to decimate his foes.

Supporters: 9
Roy
VultureDuck
TaXMaN
Braystar
Forest Bug Productions
SS_Maeweather
DestinyIntwined
Kzinssie
Lego Shaq

Last edited by Roy on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:53 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 4:54 am

Support, the uniqueness is everywhere with this character!
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 6:27 am

I've always tried imagining Maxwell in Smash. Back when both Smash 4 were announced, he was one of the first characters that came to mind. There are a couple problems with Maxwell appearing, though, and I believe some other members discussed this on an earlier topic.

First, I think it goes without saying that there should be a limit to what he can spawn. I don't believe Maxwell should spawn anything larger than a house anywhere in his basic moveset. It shouldn't be much to ask that he shouldn't be able to spawn wormholes and WMDs.

I'll post a more in depth moveset later, if that's alright with you, Roy.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 7:14 am

HypeConduit wrote:
First, I think it goes without saying that there should be a limit to what he can spawn. I don't believe Maxwell should spawn anything larger than a house anywhere in his basic moveset. It shouldn't be much to ask that he shouldn't be able to spawn wormholes and WMDs.

I'll post a more in depth moveset later, if that's alright with you, Roy.
Sounds fine with me, go for it. We could probably put a weakened wormhole (ala SSF2 Mega Man's Black Hole Bomb) if we really wanted...
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:52 am

It may be stupid, but I'd love for a moveset where you can summon many variations of the same object. For example, ruy has his common hadouken and an EX version. So perhaps we could use the same idea and include variations for up, down and side.

So if N. Spec summons a weapons, the normal version is a sword, up version is a fire sword etc etc
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Decided to design a few moves for Maxwell since he was brought up again in the Nikki topic. There's just so much potential though, I don't think it's right for me to design him by myself.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 3:37 am

I support! Maxwell can be a very unique addition. It might be a while before I can think of new moveset ideas because of college.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 4:03 am

Support
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 11:00 am

I feel like if I add too many variations, he's going to end up inconsistent in his playstyle and have combos that only work some of the time. Should he continue this way, or should I restrict his normals to not follow this? (The neutral special is fine with this, but I'm talking about having a variation in weapons for a ftilt). There's so much that could fit in, but for the sake of balance...

Added a dtilt to put glue on the floor. Should be very useful for his playstyle.
Back to top Go down
Forest Bug Productions
Level 3 CPU
Forest Bug Productions

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 1:45 pm

SUPPORT!
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 4:58 pm

EDIT:
https://t.co/F7avOQQ2b7
Idiots said "RIP 5TH CELL" over "Layoffs are happening"....False call. Still something to note though.

Bump for a reason.

https://twitter.com/Anim8der/status/712052739719598080

5th Cell is shutting down. They developed Scribblenauts. Basically, Scribblenauts is in purgatory right now; while more will 99 percent most likely come out about it's fate very soon, right now it's in the dark.

This means Maxwell has a very uncertain future, and we may never see him again in gaming for a long time.

Felt this needed to be said.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 5:53 pm

This DEFIANTLY gets my support! I always wanted to play as Maxwell in the official smash series.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Oh shit 5th Cell is closing down?
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 10:12 pm

SUPPORT
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 1:33 pm

Braystar wrote:
Oh shit 5th Cell is closing down?
Read the edit. It isn't.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 2:07 pm

Ok jeez no need to be snappy
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 2:26 pm

be nice to lego shaq hes on his man period

also support
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
be nice to lego shaq hes on his man period

also support
No I'm not having that for another month.

Braystar wrote:
Ok jeez no need to be snappy
Sorry if it came across that way but the edit WAS at the beginning...

oh, also, support.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 9:55 pm

Thanks for the support, guys.

I'm feeling lazy, though... not really feeling up to finishing the moveset anytime soon. I wouldn't mind if someone took over the topic with more of an interest in it, or if you guys suggested moves for me to add.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 10:09 pm

I always thought summoning a T-Rex for a forward smash would be cool
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 1:19 pm

Roy wrote:
Thanks for the support, guys.

I'm feeling lazy, though... not really feeling up to finishing the moveset anytime soon. I wouldn't mind if someone took over the topic with more of an interest in it, or if you guys suggested moves for me to add.
Sure, I'll take it over.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 5:03 pm

Time for Shaq to work his magic
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 5:27 pm

Asshole already worked it (im kidding i love you roy)

I can still take over the thread if ya want Roy.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 1:09 pm

And with the magic of Maxwell's Notebook, well, magic happened. and thus this thread was probably, maybe, most likely passed to Lego Shaq
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Sure, go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion   Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Maxwell (Scribblenauts) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1