HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alucard
Level 3 CPU
Alucard

Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 8:56 pm

Firebrand is a demon and appears as an enemy in the main series Ghosts n Goblins. But ghosts n goblins have also a spin-off series which is called Gargoyles Quest ( the last one of the three games is called Demon Crest for any reason ) where he is the main protagonist. He debutet in the main series and Gargoyle's Quest ( the first one apperead on the gameboy ) was followed by two sequels, a NES game Gargoyle's Quest II in 1992 and Demon's Crest for the SNES in 1994. The games where a mix of sidescrolling adventure with mild roleplaying - video game elements. Like in the Zelda series the player was able to search for secrets, collect bottles for potions, gain new powers after defeating bosses and new abilites to discover different places which are unable to pass without the specific ability. The special thing about the game is that Firebrand can fly and cling to walls and he can spit fire projectiles at his enemy. So its not like any jump and run side scroller, not like metroid it has his own kind.
Ghosts n Goblins are also one of Capcoms memorable jump and run series and Gargoyles Quest too, so in my opinion Firebrand is something special and I would really like to see him in a future version of smash bros crusade. He is also very exclusive to nintendo consoles/handhelds.

Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion Firebrand Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion 71c956fea3a17e18c719aba9a2c6264f Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion Demonscrest_us

Here is a moveset for him:

Playstyle: He is a mix of a lightweight/fast distance fighter but also a very defensive fighter.

Special: He cant use his hands to grab edges if he is falling, he can only cling to vertically walls with his claws on his feet, like in the original game.

Special-Jumping: Jumps in to the air and than he can fly a little bit higher by pressing the jump button again and again he will use his wings like Pit to fly higher. But after releasing the jump button, he will stay in the air for a short time like in the original Gameboy title instead of loosing height, so he can use his fireball attack from the air. He can also quit staying at one height, by pressing the taunt button.

Jab/Combo: Firebrand attacks with his claws on his hands, like in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and spit a Fireball against his opponent.
Forward Tilt: Firebrand slashes with his wings.
Down Tilt: Firebrand gives his opponent a headbutt, like in the original game Demons Crest.
Up Tilt: Firebrand jumps and kicks his opponent in to his face with a backflip.

Forward Smash: Firebrand charges himself and make a forward dash like with his Groundgargoyle (Crest of Earth) appearance.
Down Smash: Firebrand uses the spell Shock, which causes an earthquake around him and smashes his opponents out of the stage.
Up Smash: Firebrand charges himself and jumps in to the air and use his wings to smash his opponent away.

Neutral Air: In the air he can spit fireballs at his opponents in any direction the player wants.

Grab: Firebrand grabs his opponent with his claws on his feet, like he clinges to walls.
Forward Throw: Firebrand spits an fire projectile against his grabbed opponent, so he get smashed away.
Backward Throw: Firebrand makes an backwardflip with his grabbed opponent and throws him backwards away.
Down Throw: Firebrand smashes his opponent on the ground.
Up Throw: Firebrand use his wings to fly a little bit higher and throws his enemy up in to the air and spits a fire projectile at him to smash him upside.

Neutral Special: Firebrand spits a fire projectile out of his mouth. This attack can be used multiple times in a row. This attack is called Demon Fire.
Side Special: Firebrand spits an wind projectile which looks like an small tornado.
Down Special: Firebrand transforms in to a Stonegargoyle for a the short period, and this attack works like a shield and protector against projectiles, Firebrand can counter with an Fireball. Similiar to the move from Fox.
Up Special: Firebrand summons an assisting Imp, which attacks nearby opponents.

Final Smash: Firebrand uses the Crest of Infinity which transforms him in to the Ultimate Gargoyle. Now he can fly in any direction and as long as the final smash is working and his attacks/fireballs are now dealing more damage and he have also reduced damage from attacking opponents.

Taunt: Shows his Legendary Gargoyle transformation.

Entrance: He will sit on a pile existing out of skulls, jump off and then the pile disappears, which allows him to get on to the ground and get ready to fight.

Last edited by Alucard on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DimpsyVS
Level 2 CPU
DimpsyVS

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 7:01 am

Firebrand would be... interesting. But I think Arthur would make a better choice of character, then maybe Firebrand as a 2nd rep.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 7:11 am

I support, he seems like an interesting character
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 8:00 am

I liked using Firebrand in MvC3 and recognize that he has his own series, but I'm going to ask the same thing I look for in every character: What makes him unique in Smash? He can cling to walls (but some characters can do that anyways), so his only real speciality is that he can shoot a projectile while clinging. He basically acts like a mini-Ridley without a tail.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 7:00 pm

I feel the same way as Roy; he's too much like Ridley, both in his appearance and in how he'd play. Wasn't he a trophy at some point, though? Even if he wasn't, more than likely that's what he'd be most suitable for.
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Level 3 CPU
Alucard

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 7:49 pm

I dont mean that abilities like cling to a wall or to fly are sooo special about him, I just only meant that the Gargoyles Quest series are kind of different from a standard jump and run game and have its own kind. For sure these gameplay elements could be introduced in to his moveset which makes him different from the playstyle of the other characters but thats not the most important reason. Like in my description he learn new abilities trough his journey and this abilities makes him unique if they would introduced in to the moveset and why you are all compare him to Ridley only because of his appearance and only because he can fly and spit fire projectiles out from his mouth ? I can say for example why is there Mario and Luigi they like clone characters but thats not the fact with Ridley and Firebrand because they are two different characters and another reason is that he is very exclusive to nintendo.

@ DimpsyVS
Yeah I think Arthur could be also a good choice because he is the main character of the Ghosts n Goblins series but its the same thing like with Link and Tingle or with Mario and Yoshi, they have their own universe and icon so in my opinion it would be cool if both characters would be available in smash bros. crusade.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 8:21 pm

Ok, tell me what abilities he can have to make him unique, as he certainly didn't use any of them in MvC.

It doesn't matter that his games were unique, what matters is he himself is unique. Luigi/Toon Link/Falco/etc get a pass because they were in the official smash titles. If we're going to use resources to add a new, fresh character, he/she should be unique.

Arthur, on the other hand, could work. He's got a wide range of interesting projectiles and we can probably work in the armor changes (or lack thereof) to differentiate him.
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Level 3 CPU
Alucard

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 7:22 am

Crests ( Special Abilities ):

Crest of Earth: Yellow in color. Ruling over the earth, the crest gives great strength to its owner. Transforms Firebrand into Ground Gargoyle. Firebrand can't fly while in this form, but he can charge into stone statues and rocks to break them, as well as move heavy objects out of the way.
The Crest of Air: Violet in color. Ruling over the sky, the crest enables the owner control of the wind. Transforms Firebrand into Aerial Gargoyle. Grants the ability to fly horizontally and vertically. It's also able to cut vines with wind blast.
The Crest of Water - Blue in color. Ruling over the ocean, the crest allows the owner to swim beneath the seas. Transforms Firebrand into Tidal Gargoyle. While unable to fly, Firebrand gains the ability to swim and breathe underwater.
The Crest of Time - Green in color. Ruling over the past, the crest enables the owner to go back in time. Transforms Firebrand into Legendary Gargoyle. Firebrand's skin becomes like iron and he now takes half the damage from attacks. Additionally, his blasts do high damage, as well as double as Buster shots.
The Crest of Infinity - Golden in color (purple in inventory). Turns Firebrand into Ultimate Gargoyle. Has the power of all the other forms (able to swim, fly, headbutt, charge, fire powerful flames that double as Buster shots, and takes half damage), except that it can't light torches, increase strength underwater nor swim through 2 blocks like the T. Gargoyle (uses 3 vertical blocks).

The Crest of Fire
Red in color. Ruling over flame, the crest allows the owner to control fire. The crest of fire has been shattered and must be put back together. The possessed shard contains the general ability of pyromancing. The four remaining pieces complete the crest.

Fire: Default power. Low damage. Also lights torches.
Buster: Medium damage. Breaks brick walls.
Tornado: Low damage. Creates platforms.
Claw: Medium damage. Ability to climb walls.
Demon Fire: High damage.

Spells:

Shadow: Strikes closed and weak enemies.
Hold: Stops nearby enemies. Doesn't work on bosses.
Imp: Summons an imp.
Shock: Causes an earthquake.
Death: Summons death upon all enemies on the screen. Also works on some bosses.

Talismans:

Crown: Increases chance of pots and enemies to drop GP.
Skull: Increases chance of pots and enemies to drop health.
Armor: Halves damage taken.
Fang: Doubles damage caused.
Hand: Increases fire rate.

The Crests changes also his appearance
Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion Dcart3 Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion CrestRAEarth Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion RedArremerAerial
From left to right: Tidal Gargoyle, Ground Gargoyle, Aerial Gargoyle and on the other side the style of the game and the atmosphere
is just unique and optical he looks awesome too, so why not ?
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Please use the edit button
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Alucard
Level 3 CPU
Alucard

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 5:07 pm

Im sorry I just thought it would be more clear if I split by spells, crests and pictures.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 5:41 pm

Let's see what can we do with this...

- The crests aren't very interesting. They're essentially forms that allow him to perform tasks he couldn't normally, such as pushing blocks or swimming. He should focus on the Crest of Fire, and work like a fire mage (shooting fire everywhere). Then again, that's just making unique versions of fireballs... eh.
- Spells should definitely make up his special moveset. While fire makes up his normal moveset, we can include an Imp summon for neutral special, Shadow as an up special, and Hold as side special (similar to Diddy?). For Down Special, I like the idea of Crest of Air, changing his next fire move into wind (simply pushing enemies away instead of hurting them). Isn't difficult to do with sprites so long as the fire effects are separate.
- Talismans are overall worthless and are just generic temporary buffs, let's not use them.
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Level 3 CPU
Alucard

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 4:21 pm

Here is a moveset for him:

Playstyle: He is a mix of a lightweight/fast distance fighter but also a very defensive fighter.

Special: He cant use his hands to grab edges if he is falling, he can only cling to vertically walls with his claws on his feet, like in the original game.

Special-Jumping: Jumps in to the air and than he can fly a little bit higher by pressing the jump button again and again he will use his wings like Pit to fly higher. But after releasing the jump button, he will stay in the air for a short time like in the original Gameboy title instead of loosing height, so he can use his fireball attack from the air. He can also quit staying at one height, by pressing the taunt button.

Jab/Combo: Firebrand attacks with his claws on his hands, like in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and spit a Fireball against his opponent.
Forward Tilt: Firebrand slashes with his wings.
Down Tilt: Firebrand gives his opponent a headbutt, like in the original game Demons Crest.
Up Tilt: Firebrand jumps and kicks his opponent in to his face with a backflip.

Forward Smash: Firebrand charges himself and make a forward dash like with his Groundgargoyle (Crest of Earth) appearance.
Down Smash: Firebrand uses the spell Shock, which causes an earthquake around him and smashes his opponents out of the stage.
Up Smash: Firebrand charges himself and jumps in to the air and use his wings to smash his opponent away.

Neutral Air: In the air he can spit fireballs at his opponents in any direction the player wants.

Grab: Firebrand grabs his opponent with his claws on his feet, like he clinges to walls.
Forward Throw: Firebrand spits an fire projectile against his grabbed opponent, so he get smashed away.
Backward Throw: Firebrand makes an backwardflip with his grabbed opponent and throws him backwards away.
Down Throw: Firebrand smashes his opponent on the ground.
Up Throw: Firebrand use his wings to fly a little bit higher and throws his enemy up in to the air and spits a fire projectile at him to smash him upside.

Neutral Special: Firebrand spits a fire projectile out of his mouth. This attack can be used multiple times in a row. This attack is called Demon Fire.
Side Special: Firebrand spits an wind projectile which looks like an small tornado.
Down Special: Firebrand transforms in to a Stonegargoyle for a the short period, and this attack works like a shield and protector against projectiles, Firebrand can counter with an Fireball. Similiar to the move from Fox.
Up Special: Firebrand summons an assisting Imp, which attacks nearby opponents.

Final Smash: Firebrand uses the Crest of Infinity which transforms him in to the Ultimate Gargoyle. Now he can fly in any direction and as long as the final smash is working and his attacks/fireballs are now dealing more damage and he have also reduced damage from attacking opponents.

Taunt: Shows his Legendary Gargoyle transformation.

Entrance: He will sit on a pile existing out of skulls, jump off and then the pile disappears, which allows him to get on to the ground and get ready to fight.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 9:48 pm

Y'know, that's not all that bad. And in light of recent events, I've come to appreciate the thought you've put into Firebrand.

A couple of the moves here are a little generic, but I think they're made up for more or less elsewhere. I won't say you've completely won me over, but I'm not actively opposed to Firebrand anymore.
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Level 3 CPU
Alucard

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Ive tried to make him as unique as possible, I mean there will allways some attacks/moves which are generic or similiar to other characters, but in the way of his playstyle he is totally different, I mean look at the special thing with the cling to wall feature, its based on an important feature from the original and also his jumping/aerial movement plus aerial combat is based on a original gameplay mechanic and some inspiration from the boss fights against him as arthur in ghosts n goblins. I think he really deserves his place in to the rooster, he is cool, looks awesome, very unique, the series have a dark and gothic touch and atmosphere which is also very unique and he have this connection with nintendo consoles. He is also appearing in some other games like Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Ghosts n Goblins (his origin) and his of course his own series (damn he has his own series as a boss from ghosts n goblins). If this not sound awesome I dont know Smile
Back to top Go down
SmashBros._L0ver
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 7:50 am

i support i play demon's crest and this game is good
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 3:02 pm

Yeah you're Davi without a doubt
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 4:57 pm

I think he's just trying to play it safe so he doesn't get banned again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion   Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1