HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU


  Snivy
  588

PostSubject: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:38 pm





Spoiler:
 

Moveset:
 


Last edited by CJ on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
DimpsyVS
Level 2 CPU


  44

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:22 pm

I support this if only because this means we will finally have a SNK rep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny64



  Snake
  1272

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:24 am

I know SNK could deserve a rep, but the series is pretty obscure, not even The King Of Fighters is THAT popular to be in crusade. And if we were to choose a SNK rep, it could be Kyo Kusanagi, instead of Terry, just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DimpsyVS
Level 2 CPU


  44

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:59 am

Johnny64 wrote:
I know SNK could deserve a rep, but the series is pretty obscure, not even The King Of Fighters is THAT popular to be in crusade. And if we were to choose a SNK rep, it could be Kyo Kusanagi, instead of Terry, just my opinion.
I don't think that's a good reason to hold back Terry at all, because Crusade seems to have some other "obscure" characters in the roster as well, even some planned. So I don't think they're beyond picking obscurity for their roster.
Besides isn't Kyo pretty much Ryu? Terry would be more interesting and more unique than that and I think he just makes a better choice for an SNK rep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roy
Level 7 CPU


  Mega Man
  1169
  RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:06 am

I'm all for obscure characters, but what does Terry do that is unique? The given specials don't seem to show off anything special... I don't want another generic fighter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DimpsyVS
Level 2 CPU


  44

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:34 pm

Roy wrote:
but what does Terry do that is unique?
I was talking about him being more unique of a choice than Kyo, another SNK character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny64



  Snake
  1272

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:51 pm

Well, Terry could work similar to the Street Fighters, having a series of cancelable attacks (jabs, tilts) into another set of attacks (Smashes, B attacks), he would be a rushdown/offensive character.
The only problem i can think of, HOW could the Desperation Moves (Supers) work? I mean, you could put a bar just like the KOF games, but that doesn't fit Smash Bros. I don't feel leaving his Power Geiser out is a good idea. Also, his recovery should be really bad

I feel though that if we were to do a rep for SNK, it could be a Metal Slug character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DimpsyVS
Level 2 CPU


  44

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Johnny64 wrote:
Well, Terry could work similar to the Street Fighters, having a series of cancelable attacks (jabs, tilts) into another set of attacks (Smashes, B attacks), he would be a rushdown/offensive character.
The only problem i can think of, HOW could the Desperation Moves (Supers) work? I mean, you could put a bar just like the KOF games, but that doesn't fit Smash Bros. I don't feel leaving his Power Geiser out is a good idea. Also, his recovery should be really bad

I feel though that if we were to do a rep for SNK, it could be a Metal Slug character.
>Doesn't fit Smash Bros.
>Little Mac and his KO Meter in the official game
Yea it can work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roy
Level 7 CPU


  Mega Man
  1169
  RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:56 pm

DimpsyVS wrote:
Roy wrote:
but what does Terry do that is unique?
I was talking about him being more unique of a choice than Kyo, another SNK character.
That question was in general, not directed at you.

But from what I'm reading, there is something called a 'Desperation Move', but from what I'm reading it's basically identical to the super meter from Street Fighter / MvC. I guess we could include a meter specifically for him, but why would he get it over the Street Fighters, and it makes the final smash method less unique.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny64



  Snake
  1272

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:53 pm

Well, anything regarding the Mechanics of KOF, you can ask me Roy, but yeah, Desperation Moves are basically supers that waste one bar of your Power Bar, they can be used for damage, extending combos, both, or even as reversals, as some of them are invincible (Like Terry's Power Geyser)

Aditionally, there are SUPER versions of the Desperation Moves, those are called Super Desperation Moves, and they are performed the same, but instead of pressing one Punch/Kick, you press BOTH Punch/Kick Buttons.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/The_King_of_Fighters_XIII/Terry

This is a big article about Terry's moves in KOF XIII, you can get a general idea on how he COULD play in Smash there, and you'll see most of Terry's moveset there. Of course, there are moves missing from other KOF games, such as the Power Dunk, but yeah, Roy (And pretty much anyone), any questions, you can ask, because i know most of the Mechanics of KOF XIII, if not all the games Kappa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slissith



  Bowser
  2214
  ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:01 am

Here's a question: what makes KOF and Street Fighter different?

_________________
Cobra Bubbles wrote:
Your expectations were too simple and downright stupid.
I mean really? "No character will have their testicles hang out"?
Thanks to you, I had to add two new rules.

VultureDuck wrote:
Crusade is a man's game

Jaklub wrote:
Post count ain't gonna raise itself.

Jaklub wrote:
this count down won't be uploaded to youtube, better enjoy it now.

Lego_Shaq wrote:
please dont think im actually racist

SmashBros._L0ver wrote:
fuck you slissith go to hell Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roy
Level 7 CPU


  Mega Man
  1169
  RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:39 am

Upon reading that, the only thing I can find is a cancel mechanic - that is, he can change attacks into certain other ones mid-attack, but it seems to only work for Rising Upper and Crack Shoot?

Regardless, that in itself seems like something we can work with to create a unique moveset. I don't think we should include the desparation moves, however (that's basically the same thing as a Final Smash here).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny64



  Snake
  1272

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:46 am

Slissith wrote:
Here's a question: what makes KOF and Street Fighter different?

KOF is really it's own thing, since you don't just simply jump, you can do a Jump, a Long/Super Jump, Short Hop, Or Super Short Hop, and these jumps alone make the game more offensive orriented than SF.

KOF also has one of the most balanced character roster in the game (dunno with Street Fighter), and it's more combo-heavy, as most of the time, a punish can end with a kill at 0 Damage (which is the equivalent to 0% in Smash).

KOF is also a 3-ON-3 fighting game, so you don't have to stick to just one the whole match, and you choose who you want first, then second, and last but not least, third. This alone makes the game have EVEN more mindgames, let's say the opponent choose Athena first (AKA Camping Character, just spamming projectile), and you pick Shen, well, chances are that you'll absorb her projectiles, or just pass throught em with an Invincible Move (Supers in some cases, in which of Shen, he has an Invincible Super).

Maybe i couldn't explain it quite good, but that should give you an idea, KOF is more fast paced, more dificult to master, but easy to understand.

Some Basics of KOF:
 

Roy wrote:
Upon reading that, the only thing I can find is a cancel mechanic - that is, he can change attacks into certain other ones mid-attack, but it seems to only work for Rising Upper and Crack Shoot?

Regardless, that in itself seems like something we can work with to create a unique moveset. I don't think we should include the desparation moves, however (that's basically the same thing as a Final Smash here).

Yes, he can do that, but KOF has something called HD (Hyper Drive) Bar, it is separated from the Power Bar, and it's use it's not the same. The purpose for the HD Bar, it's to let you cancel A command attack (Rising Tackle), into another one, like Crack Shoot as you said, but not just that certain move, you can cancel Rising Tackle into Burning Knuckle, into the EX version of Rising Tackle, Into a super, etc.

The combo possibilities of KOF are almost endless, which is why getting combo'ed is BAD.

To give you an Idea:
 

And BTW, i would tell you that we shouldn't leave Desperation Moves out, they should be either part of his moveset, or be some kind of gimmick, and as to WHAT Terry's Final Smash could be, it would have to be his NEOMAX (basically the MOST POWERFUL ATTACK of each fighter). So yeah.

Why didn't i double post...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roy
Level 7 CPU


  Mega Man
  1169
  RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Jump differences unfortunately mean nothing for Smash. Same for the balance of KoF and the 3-on-3 mechanic. None of that translates to a unique Smash character.

The point is this: What would Terry bring to Crusade that Ryu and Chun-Li don't? Desperation moves are essentially identical to super moves in Street Fighter, which ended up being their final smashes.

Therefore, I suggest we simply make use of the Hyper Drive - however, the difference between here and KoF is that there is no bar for it here... how about we simply put a limit on it? You can cancel-combo moves up to, say, 5 times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny64



  Snake
  1272

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:58 pm

Roy wrote:
Jump differences unfortunately mean nothing for Smash. Same for the balance of KoF and the 3-on-3 mechanic. None of that translates to a unique Smash character.

The point is this: What would Terry bring to Crusade that Ryu and Chun-Li don't? Desperation moves are essentially identical to super moves in Street Fighter, which ended up being their final smashes.

Therefore, I suggest we simply make use of the Hyper Drive - however, the difference between here and KoF is that there is no bar for it here... how about we simply put a limit on it? You can cancel-combo moves up to, say, 5 times.

I know the jumps don't really bring much to Smash, neither the other two points, and that part of my post was to intended to give Slissith an answer on how KOF is different from Street Fighter, hence why i named the mechanics there.

Well, on KOF, the Hyper Drive bar has Three uses:
- To cancel a command move into another or a super (Up B - Down B) at the cost of 50% of your HD Bar.
- To enter Hyper Drive Mode, which lets you do the same as before, but costs very little, like 10%, however, the bar drains itself with time when in Hyper Drive mode
- To perform a NEO MAX at the cost of 100% of your Hyper Drive Bar AND 3 Power Stocks, or the remaining of the bar when in Hyper Drive Mode And 2 Power Stocks

BTW i do agree on only using the Hyper Drive Bar (HD for short, just so you know) Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slissith



  Bowser
  2214
  ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:21 am

The way I see it we can previous moves change the result of input. For example:

N. Spec: Move A

But if you do Fair and Side Tilt in succesion beforehand, N. Spec turns into something else. Or maybe we could do that to tilts and aerials.

_________________
Cobra Bubbles wrote:
Your expectations were too simple and downright stupid.
I mean really? "No character will have their testicles hang out"?
Thanks to you, I had to add two new rules.

VultureDuck wrote:
Crusade is a man's game

Jaklub wrote:
Post count ain't gonna raise itself.

Jaklub wrote:
this count down won't be uploaded to youtube, better enjoy it now.

Lego_Shaq wrote:
please dont think im actually racist

SmashBros._L0ver wrote:
fuck you slissith go to hell Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion   Today at 4:26 am

Back to top Go down
 
Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Apocalypse Discussion
» Terry Pratchett, Discworld books.
» I'll House You w/ Todd Terry, Oscar P, Brian Burnside, Sean Cormac
» Skyrim Discussion
» Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Character Discussion :: Unofficial Characters-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum