Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 2:11 am

Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion Med_gallery_4_8_264590

Zelda is a character who plays many roles in her series: A damsel in distress, support for the hero, and in a couple cases, she had her own playable titles, such as Hyrule Warriors, Zelda's Adventure, and Wand of Gamelon. By many different gamers and online lists, she (as well as her alter-ego Sheik) is regarded as the 3rd most important female in gaming, and has placed multiple times in other miscellaneous lists such as "Top 5 Characters That Deserve A Spinoff Game". She is present in most Legend of Zelda games, and she holds the Triforce of Wisdom, Naryu's shard of the Triforce. (Except in the CD-i games, apparently Impa has it but whatever asdfafd)

As for a moveset, I believe one could be asked to look at Super Smash Bros. Melee, Brawl, and 3DS/WiiU. Her moveset there is substantial, and change wouldn't be required unless representing an alternative incarnation of her, such as Tetra.

Also, sorry for the sort of milktoast character suggestion, but I sort of wonder how many people had Zelda in mind when playing Crusade. Or Sheik, at the very least.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 6:21 am

sorry guys since 0.9 is obviously last incarnation ever of crusade zelda will never be in the game
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 7:53 am

We should probably avoid making topics about characters that are in the official smash titles. Most of those characters are probably planned for the game anyways, if not all of them. Especially important ones such as Zelda.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 8:17 am

thats the thing though. a topic shouldn't be avoided cause of expectations. its still as equal of a suggestion as any other character
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:20 am

StayPuft wrote:
sorry guys since 0.9 is obviously last incarnation ever of crusade zelda will never be in the game

I'm probably going to graduate high-school before the next update.

Seriously, she may be a given, but how should I know that anyone has plans for her? I'm pretty sure Crusade's not going to cover all of the Smash's characters for a while at least, if not at all.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:20 pm

ehm...

support
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 4:35 pm

Zelda and Sheik are the same person wtf!? Thought Sheik was a dude.

Btw, I'm joking. Obviously she's coming back in soon, just gotta fix her up a bit.

Everyone I knew that mained Zelda in Melee would be pissed if this incarnation of smash didn't have her and him in hehehe
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 4:56 pm

But the real question is: Should Sheik be for Zelda's down special, or an Alternate for Zelda?
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 5:42 pm

VultureDuck wrote:
But the real question is: Should Sheik be for Zelda's down special, or an Alternate for Zelda?

Alt.

That's my opinion, I think it's a better idea than having them the same character.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 12:25 am

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
VultureDuck wrote:

Alt.

That's my opinion, I think it's a better idea than having them the same character.

Alt as well
Also supporting
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 2:57 am

Alt. That's important to mention, thanks for bringing that up.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 5:06 am

Zelda/Sheik has my support too. Also, alt.
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 6:51 am

Supporting, I prefer alt too.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 10:32 am

So Hype you said that Zelda and Sheik could keep their SSB4 movesets. I'm wondering, though, what else could we do? I think there's a lot of creativity potential with Zelda and Sheik. Especially with the final smash, I personally find Light Arrow kinda unfitting to Sheik. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 10:50 am

Dry wrote:
So Hype you said that Zelda and Sheik could keep their SSB4 movesets. I'm wondering, though, what else could we do? I think there's a lot of creativity potential with Zelda and Sheik. Especially with the final smash, I personally find Light Arrow kinda unfitting to Sheik. What do you guys think?
Zelda and Sheik are probably fine for the most part. While the Phantom is nice, I feel like we could represent Spirit Tracks better with a Toon Link rework... not sure what could go in its place though, so we might as well keep it.

As far as a final smash for Sheik, it should definitely involve the harp. She knows all of the warp songs in Ocarina of Time, so why not make use of that. An interesting mechanic might be if she had 4 different final smashes - Upon pressing B, you can input a direction quickly to choose between the Minuet of Forest, Bolero of Fire, Serenade of Water, and Prelude to Light, though each would be weaker than a typical Final Smash to make up for the versatility.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 4:20 pm

I think a little more emphasis can be put on Transform, especially because in 2 of the 3 games they are featured in they can switch at will, but most players don't ever do that. If we could make Zelda and Sheik polar opposites of each other, it might allow for a better game. Perhaps making Zelda really good in power but not speed and vice-versa for Sheik, and Transform shouldn't take as long as console versions. (It took a whole two seconds to switch in Melee and anywhere between 5 and 10 in Brawl. I'm thinking Transform should take a half second if we go this route, and have immediate IASA after 30 frames..)
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 5:14 pm

I'd rather see alts instead. Seems simple and still makes sense for the characters.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Earlier, I was going to mention Sheik's harp. Roy's idea was almost exactly as I was thinking. I'd rather have it be a single song, personally, but that's just because consistency in Final Smashes are really important, at least in my opinion. I'd also like to see her side special changed into something a bit more fox-illusionish.

As for Zelda, she seems pretty well off, but, and this is a big stretch, what if instead of the Phantom Knight being summoned, since that's a toon-zelda game, it could be Epona? I know it's really silly sorry aslfdglkl
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 6:55 pm

But Zelda had never rode Epona, none the less encountered her. Though I could be wrong since she rode on a horse with Link during the final battle with Ganondorf in Twilight Princess.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 7:00 pm

Smash King wrote:
But Zelda had never rode Epona, none the less encountered her. Though I could be wrong since she rode on a horse with Link during the final battle with Ganondorf in Twilight Princess.
That was Epona... but regardless, I don't think it's a good idea for Zelda to summon Epona. If anything, it would be a loftwing...

A decent move might be a stunning beam like she used at the end of Ocarina of Time - just a simple projectile, but with a long start up, good range and stuns instead of knockback, allowing her to run in and give a good lightning kick to the face.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 1:01 am

Does the stunning beam have any fan-made name, or would we have to Sakurai it ourselves? Maybe the beam could become neutral special, and Nayru's Love could become down special.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 11:14 am

Dry wrote:
Does the stunning beam have any fan-made name, or would we have to Sakurai it ourselves? Maybe the beam could become neutral special, and Nayru's Love could become down special.

I support the change
Well, we could call it Light Beam...
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 11:35 am

I'd call it something like Sage Beam to differentiate it from Light Arrow... but regardless, that is only one possibility.

Another option could be the Song of Time - Recall in both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Zelda was the one to teach the song to Link. She could create a field around her that stops time (as in projectiles, enemies, etc), or perhaps create a block (one of those that appears/dissapears with each play of the song).

Or expanding from that idea, we could have Zelda's Lullaby, though I'm not sure how we would make it different from Jigglypuff's Sing.
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 12:38 pm

Or instead of only summon the Phantom Knight, she could summon Young Link too.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 5:50 pm

desu wrote:
Or instead of only summon the Phantom Knight, she could summon Young Link too.

That for me seems unfiting, i mean, Zelda doesn't really do that in ANY Zelda game, IIRC.

I like more the idea of having the The Light/Sage Beam, it seems like it can like ZSS stun gun, but with more range and speed.
Back to top Go down
Spoon300
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 9:09 am

I guess I'll be boo'd offstage for saying this but... Zelda and Sheik Sm4sh movesets FTW!
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 9:14 am

Anyone else think Sheik's down B is a boring uninspired ZSS rip off?
Back to top Go down
Spoon300
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 9:37 am

I do, That's why she should be his/her own slot in Crusade ala Sm4sh!

Thank you, Thank you! If you need me, I just suggested a Three-Formed Fighter in the form of Monita!
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 11:09 am

Yeah, no, you didn't understand PH's post lol.

I wonder, would it be an idea to bring Chain back? Or would it be too similar to the side special?

Otherwise, I'm sure there's something better to put on her down special. I don't think her current one is canon or anything, so we can literally make any ninja-like thing and it would be just as good. I might pour a bucket of ideas of varying degress of viability later.

The harp is an option, although to be honest I think the harp would make a better final smash than Light Arrow. And if she uses the harp in her final smash, maybe it would be better to have something else for her down special.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 11:17 am

Hm... perhaps we could take inspiration from Hyrule Warriors? Her moveset is mostly based on the harp for special attacks, but she has a few other attacks, including an explosion of falling rocks, a tornado of water, a volley of electric bolts, and an AoE explosion of light.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Zelda/Sheik (The Legend of Zelda) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next