Race Mode Idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tommyspud
Level 1 CPU
Tommyspud

Race Mode Idea Empty
PostSubject: Race Mode Idea   Race Mode Idea EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 8:07 pm

One of the 'fun modes' I most heard of, which I believe Nintendo brought up in a strategy guide or two, was to race on Hyrule Temple, and run laps around the course. I actually tried this mode, and it was a bit of fun. However, it was a bit lacking, so here's what I'm thinking.

You take a decent sized stage, add four waypoints around the level, order them 1-4. You have to touch all four waypoints to finish a lap. Now, add fighting, where if you're koed you'll have to start all over. Also, add maybe special bonuses to those lagging behind, a speed boost, star. metal box, or FS Boost, and things can get pretty fast and furious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombspawn.com
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

Race Mode Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Mode Idea   Race Mode Idea EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 5:47 pm

Great idea!
Back to top Go down
AkumaTh
Level 3 CPU
AkumaTh

AkumaTh

Race Mode Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Mode Idea   Race Mode Idea EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 5:57 pm

It does sound interesting. Hopefully it can be pulled off if it is included.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mgcomics.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Race Mode Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Mode Idea   Race Mode Idea EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 2:04 am

Sounds neat
Back to top Go down
danick
Level 4 CPU

Race Mode Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Mode Idea   Race Mode Idea EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 3:19 pm

Sound good
Back to top Go down
TacoWaffle
Level 1 CPU
TacoWaffle

Race Mode Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Mode Idea   Race Mode Idea EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 10:49 pm

Better idea: instead of running around a stage like an idiot (jk), why not just make a actual obstacle course similar to the one in smash run. Or better yet, SEVERAL!
Back to top Go down
Nintensis
Level 4 CPU
Nintensis

jmf72115

Race Mode Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Mode Idea   Race Mode Idea EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 2:43 pm

TacoWaffle wrote:
Better idea: instead of running around a stage like an idiot (jk), why not just make a actual obstacle course similar to the one in smash run. Or better yet, SEVERAL!

True True, or it could be something like Super Mario Wars race game type.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXcP_rB2DD03kDVk4qGFgpQ
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

Race Mode Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Mode Idea   Race Mode Idea EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 6:02 pm

Tommyspud wrote:

You take a decent sized stage, add four waypoints around the level, order them 1-4. You have to touch all four waypoints to finish a lap. Now, add fighting, where if you're koed you'll have to start all over. Also, add maybe special bonuses to those lagging behind, a speed boost, star. metal box, or FS Boost, and things can get pretty fast and furious.
Isn't this the same thing?
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

Race Mode Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Mode Idea   Race Mode Idea EmptySun May 01, 2016 1:37 pm

I'm not sure this could work seeing as some characters are purposefully oversped (fox) and some are purposefully slow with restricted mobility (DK, Bowser, Ridley)
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Race Mode Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Mode Idea   Race Mode Idea EmptySun May 01, 2016 1:45 pm

Xalciss wrote:
I'm not sure this could work seeing as some characters are purposefully oversped (fox) and some are purposefully slow with restricted mobility (DK, Bowser, Ridley)

If I remember correctly, SSE had the same problem. Some characters were too slow, and some couldn't jump high enough. So they gave everyone the same speed and same jump.
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

Race Mode Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Mode Idea   Race Mode Idea EmptySun May 01, 2016 2:39 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Xalciss wrote:

If I remember correctly, SSE had the same problem. Some characters were too slow, and some couldn't jump high enough. So they gave everyone the same speed and same jump.

Then wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a race if everyone is the same exact speed? There is no winner.

That would also suck the fun out since you have no edge on your opponent and nor does he have an edge on you.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

Race Mode Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Mode Idea   Race Mode Idea EmptySun May 01, 2016 2:47 pm

Xalciss wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Xalciss wrote:

Then wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a race if everyone is the same exact speed? There is no winner.

That would also suck the fun out since you have no edge on your opponent and nor does he have an edge on you.
If I may give a suggestion. Maybe create alternate modes restricting certain characters based on their mobility (i.e. High-Speed runs using characters like Fox and a "Slow" race featuring characters like Gannondorf). Also, in the SSE, faster characters were slowed down and slow characters were sped up, though the fast characters were still faster,
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

Race Mode Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Mode Idea   Race Mode Idea EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 4:57 pm

wheeled_tank wrote:
Xalciss wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Xalciss wrote:

If I may give a suggestion. Maybe create alternate modes restricting certain characters based on their mobility (i.e. High-Speed runs using characters like Fox and a "Slow" race featuring characters like Gannondorf). Also, in the SSE, faster characters were slowed down and slow characters were sped up, though the fast characters were still faster,

Eh, I would still prefer a solid story or classic mode over this, or the "nonstop" mode I saw suggested around here somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Race Mode Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Mode Idea   Race Mode Idea Empty

Back to top Go down

Race Mode Idea
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1