View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 12:59 am

In Smash, does the US and Japan version of the series have Ness or Lucas with different voices?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 1:01 am

Actually, the voices are shared in both the US and Japan

You can tell because they say PK instead of PSI
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 1:09 am

So if it were to come down to it, Crusade would probably need to find a voice actor for this character.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 4:33 am

Give him a Cantonese accent
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 5:29 am

Why?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 12:18 pm

why not?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 1:47 pm

I could tell you why, but I'm not sure what Cantonese is, so I need explanation for that first.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:14 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Give him broken engrish so he's more like Ness...

How about no

Maybe... A more grown-up voice, but still childish. He'd speak more fluently, and a bit more quietly than the other two. I'm thinking of something like a slightly less raspy version of Ash's voice, with a slightly higher pitch to match the other two better.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:33 am

I'll voice him Kappa
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 11:07 am

StayPuft wrote:
I'll voice him Kappa

...Yeahsurewhynot.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 11:10 am

Shiruza wrote:
StayPuft wrote:
I'll voice him Kappa

...Yeahsurewhynot.

Hey man. I'm a very well-known and respected voice actor 'round these parts. You may know me for my work on Geno. A++, 5 stars. Ninten will be amazing.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 11:12 am

StayPuft wrote:
Shiruza wrote:
StayPuft wrote:
I'll voice him Kappa

...Yeahsurewhynot.

Hey man. I'm a very well-known and respected voice actor 'round these parts. You may know me for my work on Geno. A++, 5 stars. Ninten will be amazing.

Ninten Boost?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 12:29 pm

StayPuft wrote:
Shiruza wrote:
StayPuft wrote:
I'll voice him Kappa

...Yeahsurewhynot.

So it was YOU who was responsible for that godawful Geno voice! Goku Face 2
Please do not voice Ninten. Please, for the love of god!
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 1:20 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
StayPuft wrote:
Shiruza wrote:
StayPuft wrote:
I'll voice him Kappa

...Yeahsurewhynot.

So it was YOU who was responsible for that godawful Geno voice! Goku Face 2
Please do not voice Ninten. Please, for the love of god!

Just for you, I'll do it. Thanks for your support, love.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 1:51 pm

Geno's Star KO voice is tha best!
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 8:48 am

If I gotta be honest, I'm not sure where I stand on Ninten. Relevance doesn't matter for Crusade, but Ninten just seems like such an odd choice.

Good moveset though.
Back to top Go down
Dallaz
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:04 pm

For starters, I disagree in the recomendation of Ninten's sprite, but I agree that he can and should be in Crusade, sure he's overshadowed by Ness but he's not a bad character and has a lot of moves that, with a little of creativity, would make a good, fun and fair character in a match.
He has PSI moves to buff his defense, offense and speed. Not to mention his other moves that decreases one or more enemies stats, and at last his ability to heal.
Ninten in his game is a character who focuses on having balanced stats instead of being great at something while being terrible at another type of role in a fight, so with that maybe he could be a slightly heavier character to knock out than Ness or Lucas.
I finded it creative the idea of using weapons from the game as special attacks, if I may add, I would say that it would be good that you could control where the boomerang goes, but being very little the trayectory that you can throw it, just like Dark Pit's arrows compared to Pit's, they can change trayectory but it's really low the trayectory, however, it's still helpul and make a difference.
I really like and support the other ideas like Ninten using PSI teleport, specially by the idea that it can relate a lot to how it is in the game, Ninten could get burned, maybe receive a littleof damaging but mostly be inmovilized for a bit while in the ground and being in a helpless state in the air.
I've seen people talking about his voice, I support the idea of Ninten's voice being less high pitched than Ness and Lucas's and having a more calm voice and personality as to make him look like the most mature and independant, since that's how it is if you compare him to Nessfor example, who is homesick and needs to talk to his Mom from time to time (not being offensive about it, just pointing out the truth of how it is), and Lucas, while not having a mother, he's a kid who gets scared or intimidated easier, so yeah, Ninten's personality would be a calm, mature one with a soft voice but still being young.
I like the idea of his taunt being him using his ocarina and playing the eight melodies, if it's possible, I would like to include something, since the eight melodies is a song that is divided into 8 parts that you slowly get as the game advances, Ninten could play the first part of the song, then the taunt ends, but if you taunt again (inmediatly or later) he could play the second part of the song, then when he uses it again he will play the third part and it would be going like that until it reaches the 8 part, of course, if he taunts again he will go back to the first one. Maybe it's a lot of programing for just a character's taunt but hey, it sounds funny, right?
As for his final smash, it would be great to see Ana using PK Beam, maybe it could be him going throw a portal and bringing her to the stage, then she uses PK beam, wich maybe could be a beam just like Genesects beam from Smash 4, wich hits once instead of being multi-hit and is not as big as Samus's final smash, anyways, Ana uses PK Beam and once she uses that move she uses PSI teleport and dissapears from the fight, it would make sense that she leaves on her own since both Ninten and Ana learn PSI teleport together.
And last, but not least, his appareance, this is the most difficult part since Nintendo gave him more than just one look (aparently, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm refering to appareance like Ninten's clay model and his appareance in the comercial of Mother for example). So I also support the idea of Ninten's appareance being like the design they made for him in Brawl, here's two videos's names so you can see the idea I like about his appareace:

- Earthbound Battle Royale - Ninten VS Ness VS Lucas (SSBB Hacks) - By DaniBlueFox
- Super Smash Bros Brawl Hacked: Ninten VS Mewtwo - By DaniBlueFox

The single yellow stripe on his shirt seems to be just like the single yellow stripe his official Mother sprite has, and since in his official sprite we also see him with his hat going foward instead of going to the side, it would make him seem more different and unique instead of looking like Ness, his front hair could be longer and more notorious than Ness, being more spiky-looking just like the two previous videos show, that would make his sprite look different from Ness's, the bandage seems to be something a lot of Mother fans like to add to Ninten, and I also like the idea. I don't really care about the white things on the arm area of his shirt, so that could be deleted from the design as to not make Ninten have little details like that one.
If it's being planned to use the same sprite of Ness then I hope that all these difference get considered as to not make him look like a cheap clone of Ness or anything like that, but I would recomend that he uses a different sprite that also seems to fit with Ness and Lucas's sprite design in Crusade.
That would be all about what I have to say, I'm really sorry that my post is so long, but I preffer to give all the details I have in mind for Ninten in Crusade to make him his own interesting, fun and unique character, and to also make him a valid and good choice that gets considered by the Crusade developers.
And at last I'm sorry for some mistakes in the grammas of this post, any mistake or weird choice of words I made, I'm sorry, hope that Ninten gets considered as a good option for a character in the future, thank you for reading.
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:42 am

I've updated the main thread, with a support list, reasons of why Ninten should be in and a new Side Air, I also added Ness_64's moveset so some ideas from it are considered too. Any suggestions or ideas?

About his voice, Ninten is from America, I think his voice could have proper english and be calm but still sounding like a 12 year old kid is supposed to sound.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 12:04 pm

Instead of just having them appear, why not make the Mother 1 battle HUD pop up for his Final Smash, featuring Ninten and Ana above their stat windows?
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 9:33 am

Shiruza wrote:
Instead of just having them appear, why not make the Mother 1 battle HUD pop up for his Final Smash, featuring Ninten and Ana above their stat windows?
Don't worry, Ana can teleport, I just forgot she could xD.

I updated the main thread with Entrance and Win Animation ideas, I also updated the Up Special and Final Smash. Up Special now works more like it does in the original game and Ana teleports in Ninten's Final Smash instead of Ninten summoning her.

So far, what do you think about the moveset, is there something you feel that could be changed or could be better?
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 6:31 pm

He has my support!
Back to top Go down
Nintensis
Level 4 CPU
Nintensis

jmf72115

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 6:39 pm

He has my FULL support Wink

But anyway I thought it would be cool if Ninten was more slower with more hard hitting moves. :V

I never played the game ;-;
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXcP_rB2DD03kDVk4qGFgpQ
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 6:51 pm

Nintensis wrote:

But anyway I thought it would be cool if Ninten was more slower with more hard hitting moves. :V

Dr. Mario is already in the game man
Back to top Go down
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
lordvaati

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 7:26 pm

Earthbound Beginnings seems like a big push in his favor. Also on the voice thing I get th feeling he had a more quiet calmer voice compared to Lucas and Ness.

and another thing, would his infamous Asthma attacks come into factor any way, kinda like the PKMN fatigue or(for a different game example) Rumble's Overheating?
Back to top Go down
Nintensis
Level 4 CPU
Nintensis

jmf72115

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 7:27 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Nintensis wrote:

Dr. Mario is already in the game man

Welp, cant argue with that tongue
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXcP_rB2DD03kDVk4qGFgpQ
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 12:36 am

lordvaati wrote:
and another thing, would his infamous Asthma attacks come into factor any way, kinda like the PKMN fatigue or(for a different game example) Rumble's Overheating?
Shoot, completely forgot about that.
That could easily make Ninten much more unique, so you guys should really consider implementing that in some way.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 12:41 am

Asthma Attacks would not be a fun gameplay mechanic, nor are they fun ever.

I speak from experience.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:15 am

I agree that Asthma is not fun in real life.
However, I do think that an Asthma system for Ninten could be fun, as long as it's not too annoying.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:22 am

Anything that deliberately hinders the player for no real reason without something to make up for it is not fun.

Nobody liked the stamina system Pokemon Trainer had in place, but at least it was there for a purpose. What does something like that positively offer to Ninten?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 7:13 am

Maybe the asthma can harm opponents this time around?
I mean, that would be a classic Sakurai-fication.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next