Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:30 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Maybe the asthma can harm opponents this time around?
I mean, that would be a classic Sakurai-fication.
What? How could asthma damage opponents? Asthma is a non-contagious disease, not like a whooping cough or something.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 2:01 pm

Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 Inhaler
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 3:41 pm

I support but only as an Alt. Would rather have Masked Man playable since at least he brings a much different fighting style than that of Ness and Lucas.
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 8:06 pm

Athorment wrote:
I support but only as an Alt. Would rather have Masked Man playable since at least he brings a much different fighting style than that of Ness and Lucas.
Uh, but he can't be an alt? He's not Ness or Lucas in any way shape or form. And being an alt makes no difference.

Masked Man represents Mother 3 which has 2 reps already while Mother 0 has none. It's not all about fighting style.
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 10:12 am

To be honest, while I didn't read the whole thread, I don't really feel like we need another Earthbound/Mother character, especially not one with the same anatomy/appearance as Ness/Lucas. I get that he could have a unique moveset from the two, but that could be said about a LOT of other characters. The Earthbound/Mother series has three reps, and considering the state of the series, I feel like that's perfect. We're talking about a series that hasn't gotten a game in a LONG time and it doesn't look like that's gonna change any time soon. We have Ness from Earthbound, Lucas from Mother 3, and Porky who's in both iirc. Don't really support.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 1:10 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
What? How could asthma damage opponents? Asthma is a non-contagious disease, not like a whooping cough or something.
You do realise that this is a videogame, right?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 1:36 pm

Okay, you give us a good explanation on how Asthma would work in a Smash setting and then we'll give better thoughts on it.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 4:26 pm

@Trinitro
1. Learn some respect
2. You do realize even with your poor excuse it still makes no sense, right?
3. You do realize that even though you keep spitting trash from your mouth, you've yet to give an explanation on how it'd work, right?

Do I need to say more?
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 5:44 pm

Support as a full character! I love variety in Mother characters' movesets.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 7:06 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
@Trinitro
1. Learn some respect
2. You do realize even with your poor excuse it still makes no sense, right?
3. You do realize that even though you keep spitting trash from your mouth, you've yet to give an explanation on how it'd work, right?

Do I need to say more?

Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 Giphy
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:55 pm

I would explain it to you if you guys wouldn't be A BUNCH OF FUCKING SHITHEADS AND CONTINUE TO CRUSH AND DESTROY EVERY SINGLE IDEA I HAVE AND POST THAT STUPID FUCKING GIF!!!
Stop it already! You guys already know that this is triggering me!
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:06 pm

I didn't realize this gif causes you to have a traumitizing mental breakdown upon seeing it

But anyways, ignore the gif. Just explain how the asthma could work, we don't need a fight.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:17 pm

I'm sorry, but I cannot ignore GIFs. That's just how I am.
But anyway, here is my idea:

Basically, Ninten gains an Asthma bar. While Ninten strings non-PSI attacks or runs, that bar fills up.
Whenever Ninten is idling (as in not moving, so he still can shield or taunt), then the bar depletes itself.
Basically, if the bar is full, Ninten starts to have a coughing barrage (I have Asthma, so I know how that works), and the coughing can actually damage the opponents. However, it does not launch opponents, but simply makes them trip.
However, while Ninten is coughing, he cannot run, jump, shield, dodge or use PSI attacks, and instead, he can only walk or stand still while coughing.
After some coughing the bar is empty, and Ninten returns to normal again (can be signalified by Ninten using an inhalator to stop the coughing).

So yeah, is that good enough?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:25 pm

I just don't see the need for the mechanic, but thanks for explaining.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:27 pm

Seems tedious and really unhelpful TBO.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:49 pm

Sounds...meh

better without it really...
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 12:50 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Not even. Asthma as a a character ability is not something I think Sakurai would make a positive thing. Especially since in MOTHER it's basically Ninten's version of Ness' homesickness. It's a negative trait that you have to keep in check at all times. In a game like Smash there are no real down times to really treat / take care of that. It doesn't work well in concept.

TrinitroMan wrote:
I would explain it to you if you guys wouldn't be A BUNCH OF FUCKING SHITHEADS AND CONTINUE TO CRUSH AND DESTROY EVERY SINGLE IDEA I HAVE AND POST THAT STUPID FUCKING GIF!!!
Stop it already! You guys already know that this is triggering me!
No offense meant, but it's very hard to take you seriously when you act like this.

It's cool to want to share an idea, but if the idea isn't that great from the get-go it's going to be argued against, especially if it's a tough one to sell. So is life.

TrinitroMan wrote:
But anyway, here is my idea:

Basically, Ninten gains an Asthma bar. While Ninten strings non-PSI attacks or runs, that bar fills up.
Whenever Ninten is idling (as in not moving, so he still can shield or taunt), then the bar depletes itself.
Basically, if the bar is full, Ninten starts to have a coughing barrage (I have Asthma, so I know how that works), and the coughing can actually damage the opponents. However, it does not launch opponents, but simply makes them trip.
However, while Ninten is coughing, he cannot run, jump, shield, dodge or use PSI attacks, and instead, he can only walk or stand still while coughing.
After some coughing the bar is empty, and Ninten returns to normal again (can be signalified by Ninten using an inhalator to stop the coughing).

So yeah, is that good enough?
Like I said before, it's not really fun for the player at all, nor should it be promoted humorously. A character like Phoenix Wright can use Sneezing as an attack because in the game, his sneezing was treated as a joke. It's even an attack in a couple of crossovers he appears in, but because of how overplayed the origin of it is. Ninten's asthma is a real hinderance on the character in gameplay that shouldn't be promoted like this. Especially if it forces you to stand still in a game where standing still isn't necessarily that good of an idea.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun May 01, 2016 2:41 pm

Bump, but I just realized that I've apparently never said I support this character, which is totally stupid of me.
I support, but I REALLY think we'd need to go the extra mile to make sure he's as different from Ness as possible if he's not gonna be an alt. Even character-wise they're barely different, let alone visually (I still think he should be an alt either way though...they're just too similar in every way honestly, even given their different movesets).
Back to top Go down
Ajtkg
Level 2 CPU
Ajtkg

Mega Man

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 8:08 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion   Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ninten (Mother/Earthbound) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5