HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Assist Trophies General Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Mellon
Level 5 CPU


  Samus
  344
  mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Fri May 01, 2015 7:40 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Mellon wrote:
Axtran wrote:
I vote for the Angry Birds. Each one would hop into the slingshot, point towards an enemy, fire, and use its special ability.
No. Never. Fuck Rovio, it's probably one of the worst game companies I know.
I hope you're ready for a beating! *cracks fists*
Wait lemme just grab my Angry Birds T-Shirt, Angry Birds underwear, Angry Birds Plush, Angry Birds Mug and Angry Birds Golfballs, then you can 1v1 me in the Angry Birds Boardgame (Seriously Rovio stop breathing)


Last edited by Mellon on Wed May 13, 2015 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Fri May 01, 2015 8:16 am

When's Super Smash Angry Birds Melee, though?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU


  Ridley
  850

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:47 pm

After many months of nothing, I finally got some updated the damn thread

-Three new ones for Castlevania
-New one for Final Fantasy
-Three new ones for the new series, Shantae
-Two of Roy's old suggestions are added (Ace Attorney and Wario Ware Inc.)
-A super-duper special character in the Other section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:39 am

I think that this thread needs more exposure.
Let me fix this by simply posting in it, because I don't really have any new ideas right now.
Although I do think that the Angry Birds assist trophy is unique and fun enough to be included, even though it's Angry Birds. Like seriously, it's dumb to not include something simply because of its brand.
It's not like Angry Birds is an H-game or something, and it actually sells quite well not only on phones, but also on consoles, so I don't see any problem there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:40 pm

This thread isn't getting exposure likely because AT's aren't even in game yet or said to be planned
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU


  Ridley
  850

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:57 am

added a new one from Castlevania

Edit: added a new one for Other
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU


  Mario
  285

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:15 pm

Frankly, I don't want to see Assist Trophies in Crusade.

Here are my reasons:

I don't like the Assist Trophies because they break the ballance, some of them can be annoying even for the one who summoned it (like Nintendog), some of them are very useless, and also turn to certain good characters which we want to playable in it, leaving us dissappointed (like with Isaac, Waluigi, Ashley, Takamaru, etc.).

If there's a reason why I support too much Crusade is because we can find with several cool characters, and make me see that Sakurai is absolutely wrong about certain characters (I don't know if he hates some characters for don't including them, or WTF...); so, excuse me, but, I don't want Assist Trophies in Crusade...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:36 pm

MarioStrikerMurphy1994 wrote:
Frankly, I don't want to see Assist Trophies in Crusade.

Here are my reasons:

I don't like the Assist Trophies because they break the ballance, some of them can be annoying even for the one who summoned it (like Nintendog), some of them are very useless, and also turn to certain good characters which we want to playable in it, leaving us dissappointed (like with Isaac, Waluigi, Ashley, Takamaru, etc.).

If there's a reason why I support too much Crusade is because we can find with several cool characters, and make me see that Sakurai is absolutely wrong about certain characters (I don't know if he hates some characters for don't including them, or WTF...); so, excuse me, but, I don't want Assist Trophies in Crusade...
If you play with items on you basically sign a contract saying it's time for no balance and a good time

I don't understand what else you're trying to say. Assist Trophies being characters who can become playable in the future is not at all a problem, because with Crusade it does not require the amount of work it takes to remove an Assist Trophy. Just release a patch and boom the AT's gone and is now a new character.

From what I see the reason you don't want them in is because you don't like the Brawl/SSB4 incarnations of them which may or may not be how Crusade would/will do it.

Waluigi and Ashley are even playable in Crusade so that takes away from your point a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU


  Ridley
  850

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:05 am

"I don't like the Assist Trophies because they break the ballance"

Hey look, what's that? *GASP* There's an option where you can actually remove the Assist Trophies, even if you have the items on!

BTW, Crusade has Pokeballs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:24 pm

VultureDuck wrote:
Smash King wrote:
The Bartender from Tappers would be a fun Assist Trophy. lol. He appears with an extended bar table and launches root beer. lol.

Tempura Shrimp Party wrote:
Miru (Pac-Man): Wanders randomly around the stage. If she touches a character, she will drag him/her off past the blast lines.

Evil Otto and Robots (Berzerk): Robots from Berzerk appear, firing shots towards players. The shots go in 8 directions, and cause a good amount of damage. Evil Otto will show up near the end, bouncing around the stage and dealing heavy damage to fighters.

Yorgle (Atari Adventure): Yorgle will move around the stage. When he makes contact with a fighter, he will try to eat said fighter. Victims will have 0.75 seconds to move out of the way, or they are eaten. When eaten, trapped fighters will accumulate damage a la Lip's Stick. Before he disappears, Yorgle will spit out any eaten fighters, most likely launching them a good distance.
Post like these really saves me the trouble. Very Happy

The rep I really need help is the Fire Emblem series.
I can give you some Awakening and Fates stuff, not good with older games

Felicia (PLEASE): Spawns with a plate and dashes forward, before tripping; the plate flies forward, and if it hits an enemy, it dazes them like it broke their shield.

Ryoma and Xander: Ryoma spawns at one end of the stage, and Xander spawns at the other. They dash forward towards eachother, juggling any opponent caught by their dash along with them, before connecting their swords, causing an explosion which wounds any nearby enemies.

Sumia: Spawns in the sky before swooping down and grabbing for an enemy. If she grabs one, she beats them up before clumsily dropping them, stunning the enemy.

Olivia: Spawns and dances, which boosts the stats of all characters and causes them to do all actions twice as fast.

Kellam: Seems to not spawn after you use the assist trophy...until he appears behind an opponent and TERRIFIES them, before smashing them with a spear.


There's 5 for you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU


  Mach Rider
  407
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:27 pm

Oh, this thread is a thing. They're a bit unconventional, but Adon and Samson from Cho Aniki could be cool - their original appearance was as muscular, sexy Gradius options (though without the spinning, they just stayed above and below you and shot when you did), so having them sorta follow you around and shoot every time you attack would work nicely.

Red Arremer from the Ghosts 'n' Goblins series would also be good - have one show up and start doing its standard asshole pattern of swooping and launching fireballs while darting all over the screen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:51 am

As crazy as it sounds...I would not even be mad if we get an Assist Trophy based on Cho Aniki.
However, if we include an Assist Trophy based on Cho Aniki, then we should also include an Assist Trophy based on Gourmet Sentai - Bara Yarou (AKA that food-themed Cho Aniki beat'em'up).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU


  Mach Rider
  407
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:16 am

If Jacket gets in, Biker should rep Hotline Miami as an assist. He would be kind of a hybrid of his boss and playable versions, keeping a steady distance from all playable characters until either charging with his meat cleaver or tossing one of his throwing knives. Once he tosses all 3 of his knives, he hops on his motorcycle and drives off the battlefield (damaging anyone he hits with the bike, of course).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:50 am

Also, I still think that Crusade needs at least some mobile phone representation.
I mean, Angry Birds is the best-selling mobile phone game. So why not accept the Angry Birds Assist Trophy idea? Simply out of spite? Because that's not very professional.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU


  Mach Rider
  407
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:05 am

Something about not wanting memes in a game that has Weegee
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:06 am

Kzinssie wrote:
Something about not wanting memes in a game that has Weegee
Something about the old devs having added him over 5 years ago
Please stop

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU


  Mach Rider
  407
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:12 am

Really I'm just kind of not a fan of labeling popular characters "meme characters". Frisk isn't a meme character, Freddy Fazbear isn't a meme character, Angry Birds aren't meme characters. Find better arguments against their inclusion, because this is a game that has Weegee, Ridley, and Waluigi. ("Meme Character" seems to translate to "character I personally don't like" anyway)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU


  Little Mac
  831
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:28 am

Why not have a Luma, where they float around and give out either, Super Mushrooms if the summoner is close by, a poison mushroom if a foe is close by, or spit Star Pieces if no one is close, these go for a medium amount of distance (half of final destination) and when at full length falls to the ground and can be picked up and thrown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:16 am

Kzinssie wrote:
Really I'm just kind of not a fan of labeling popular characters "meme characters". Frisk isn't a meme character, Freddy Fazbear isn't a meme character, Angry Birds aren't meme characters. Find better arguments against their inclusion, because this is a game that has Weegee, Ridley, and Waluigi. ("Meme Character" seems to translate to "character I personally don't like" anyway)
I've made it extremely clear I don't like the meme character philosophy either lad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU


  Mach Rider
  407
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:12 pm

That wasn't really targeted at you, just observing the general attitude
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Yeah, if Kzinssie was targetting anyone with that, then it was Mellon, who stated his attitude in page 4 and 5 of this exact thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU


  Klonoa
  572
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:33 pm

I have one idea to go with my request for Freedom Planet's Lilac to be playable

Neera Li: Similarly to Freedom Planet, Neera Li drops from the air, releasing a shower of ice that has a chance of freezing opponents. After landing on the ground, Neera will attack one side, releasing a boomerang-like ice projectile that goes through opponents. After doing that a few times, she will jump to another part of the stage and repeat for 3 or 4 times. Like most Smash 4 Assist Trophies, She could be defeated, though damaging her enough will make her jump into the air and release a second "Ice Rain"

Edit: Also realized that you have Lilac listed as an assist trophy... This is awkward (but very funny Laughing )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU


  Gooey
  1319

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Sun May 08, 2016 12:21 pm

Mallow (Mario) - Casts his spell "Snowy." It causes a snowman to fall from above and explode, freezing anyone nearby.
Swooping Snitchbug (Pikmin) - Grabs opponents and throws them down into the ground causing them to be buried underground.
New Age Retro Hippie (Earthbound) - Runs into opponents. Sometimes pulls out toothbrush to brush his teeth or take out a ruler to measure things.
Huffin' Puffin (Yoshi) - If you jump on it or attack it you can use it's babies as projectiles.
Red Bulborb (Pikmin) - Works like the enemy from Smash Run.
Gruntilda (Banjo-Kazooie) - Flies around on her broom casting spells.
Cactuar (Final Fantasy) - Fires 1000 needles at the nearest opponent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU


  Ridley
  850

PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:20 am

Three months...

added OmegaSteve's suggestions & Roy's old ones
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Assist Trophies General Discussion   Today at 5:49 am

Back to top Go down
 
Assist Trophies General Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Similar topics
-
» TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion
» King Of Fighters General Discussion
» TORA 24 Hours of Le Mans - General Discussion
» TCR Seat Leon super cup general discussion
» SSB4 General Discussion

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Character Discussion :: Unofficial Characters-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum