Crusade Card Clash!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:56 pm

Where is Cortex, roy?

Also, needs more Ancient Minister and Majora/Skull Kid. Not to mention Dark Link and Metal Mario.

And perhaps all 3 battle toads should be one card.

Add more characters, I'd say.

And add a few more important pokemon. There are a lot and some could have some very interesting effects. Wobbufet and Muk come to mind.

Good job so far, though.

OTHER IDEAS:

You could seperate characters according to factions, such as Good, Evil and Neutral. That way, characters like Link could have a bonus against "Evil" characters. Other stage/event cards could affect only one faction e.c.t

There could be characters that make enemy characters unusable for a number of turns or for as long as they are on the field, refferencing special moves like sing and disable...

We could also add status problems. Paralyzation for example, would add a 30% of an attack to fail. Burn would lessen attack and reduce hp each turn and so on.

Some other characters could be able to saved from destruction as a result from battle, only once, by discarding a card from your hand.

Other characters should be able to replaced with another character immediately upon death, through an effect.

Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:30 am

Slissith(Sakurai No More) wrote:
Where is Cortex, roy?

Also, needs more Ancient Minister and Majora/Skull Kid. Not to mention Dark Link and Metal Mario.

And perhaps all 3 battle toads should be one card.

Add more characters, I'd say.

And add a few more important pokemon. There are a lot and some could have some very interesting effects. Wobbufet and Muk come to mind.

Good job so far, though.

OTHER IDEAS:

You could seperate characters according to factions, such as Good, Evil and Neutral. That way, characters like Link could have a bonus against "Evil" characters. Other stage/event cards could affect only one faction e.c.t

There could be characters that make enemy characters unusable for a number of turns or for as long as they are on the field, refferencing special moves like sing and disable...

We could also add status problems. Paralyzation for example, would add a 30% of an attack to fail. Burn would lessen attack and reduce hp each turn and so on.

Some other characters could be able to saved from destruction as a result from battle, only once, by discarding a card from your hand.

Other characters should be able to replaced with another character immediately upon death, through an effect.
Cortex is on the list... Not sure about Ancient Minister, but yeah Metal Mario and Dark Link... As for Skull Kid, I think representing him would work better as a simple Majora's Mask item. I'll consider all 3 Battletoads being one card. I should definitely add more characters at this point.

You say important Pokemon then mention Muk. The only reason I even can consider Muk is because it's what my dad's Pokemon TCG deck was based around. If anyone, it would probably end up being Victini, Plusle / Minun, Rhydon...

I don't really like the faction idea as it makes it more complicated than it needs to be. And considering that most 'evil' characters cost more, I could probably just use effects similar to Simon's (He deals more and takes less from high cost characters).

Jigglypuff has almost that exact effect. Wink

Status problems is just copying from Pokemon... we can deal with that in different ways. For example, you haven't seen Ivysaur but he can deal poison damage just fine.

Saving themseleves... some characters have similar effects. Can definitely be done. Haven't done a replacement effect yet (Except Zoroark but he's different), could be interesting.

Thanks for the ideas!

@Perfecthell: 3rd turn from now. Meaning the next turn is your next turn from now, the one after is your second turn from now, etc.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:50 am

Isn't Ancient Minister an alt for R.O.B.?
If so he should be a card.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:36 am

Can I start helping out? I'll need the template and stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:17 pm

Hm, it does make sense, just a little confusing the first time i read it. Things like that spark arguments between two players of what the card TECHNICALLY says. Will the game's and card's rules be enforced by the engine or will it be on the players?
Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:05 pm

Shouldn't be too hard to hard code it I'd think.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:12 pm

All card rules should be enforced by the engine, I'd assume. For playtest purposes, though, it will be up to the player...

@Ganon: I'd prefer to keep all cards in one file... you can supply effects and pictures if you want, though.

Let's see, with 50 more character slots...
- Crazy Hand
- Metal Mario
- Dark Link
- Ancient Minister
- Tabuu
- G-Red
- Many reps for in-game series (Andross, Plusle/Minun, Ghoma, Petey Piranha, etc)
- Maybe a few more series I missed... Bionic Commando and Adventure Island? Not sure.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:08 pm

Ok, sure. I'll do what I can.

G-Red
When G-Red dies, replace him with another character from your hand worth 3 or less at no cost.

Andy
Instead of attacking, Andy can restore HP to a ally equal to his attack.

Elite Beat Agents
+5 Attack per Music card in play.

Ezio
+7 Attack if Ezio attacks before the foe. (1 Use)

Mr. Resetti
When Mr. Resetti dies, the attacker cannot move for 2 turns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:18 pm

You missed Wargreymon, who is a form for Agumon like Zero Suit is for Samus.
Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:21 pm

Also, are multiples of cards allowed?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:23 pm

@Ganon: Actually, I already have effects for Andy (Heals tokens and increases ATK), Ezio (OHKO effect), and Resetti (ends your turn if you shuffle your deck)... I'll take into consideration G-Red and EBA, however.
(And btw, ATK and HP should be a multiple of 5... no +7 ATKs for simplicity)

@Silver: Wait, I thought that was a final form type thing (Like Wario-Man)... and is Greymon in at all?

@ensane: I'd really rather not... we have little room as it is for characters.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:22 am

Raiden
Can attack the same turn as summoned.

Pokémon Trainer
When needed, search your deck for any Pokémon and summon it, then shuffle. Once used, Pokémon Trainer is sent to the Discard Pile.

Zoroark
See Pokémon Trainer

Phoenix Wright
Phoenix can stop an attack directed at him, at the cost of 1 equipped item.

Viewtiful Joe
Can attack normally, or charge an attack for a turn, which does triple damage.

Agumon
At the cost of 2 points, search your deck for Wargreymon, summon him then shuffle. Agumon is then sent to the Discard Pile.

K.K. Slider
+5 Attack per Music card in play.

Agumon is assuming Wargreymon gets added.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:14 am

I'm starting to think maybe I need to upload everything I have made already so you don't try to make effects for stuff I have already done...
(Already did Trainer, Zoroark, Phoenix and KK)

As for the others, Raiden's effect seems so boring especially since other characters can do the same thing (Sonic and Shadow come to mind). VJoe seems like a worse version of Mega Man, even though his charging doesn't do as much. I guess Agumon is alright, but I don't know if there is much of an advantage to playing Wargreymon that way, and he can't do anything useful without Wargreymon.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:27 am

To be fair, I had no idea you ever did Mega Man yet.

I think it's probably best you at least post a list of finished cards.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:13 am

Alright, put a list in the first post at the bottom.

EDIT: Also, why would you give KK and EBA the same effect...? The only characters that should have identical effects are the 'vanilla' characters which have no effects at all.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:10 pm

A few cards added since this morning. All playable characters now have cards, too (Not including alts).

Now... are there any other characters you guys want to see? Preferably reps from existing series on the list, but feel free to suggest new series (Like the G-Red Ganon suggested). Also feel free to give effects and pictures for anything not already made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Shake King. I would be your eternal slave forever.
Not really, but please, Shake King.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Shake King added. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:38 pm

THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH, MAN!!!
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:41 am

For the record, Atherton, welcome to the forums...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:32 am

Atherton is a spam bot, ban him.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:18 am

You said that on the other thread Turnip

EDIT: Forgot to post the actual message. Roy, exactly how many cards are there in total? Including all characters, items, stages, musics and events?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:36 am

In the end somewhere between 500 and 600? Right now there's around 140-150 on the OP.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:07 am

Ok, decided on the last 50 characters. Please tell me if I forgot anyone important... so I can remove someone for him/her.

*Pokemon Rep 1*
*Pokemon Rep 2*
Adeleine
Airan Jo
Alucard
Amy
Ancient Minister
Andross
Bagura
Black Knight
Captain Commando
Chris Redfield
Cody
Crazy Hand
Dark Link
Doc Louis
Dracula
Evil Ryu
Felix
Funky Kong
G-Red
Ghoma
Gruntilda
Guy
Kefka
King Boo
Kraid
Liquid Ocelot
M. Bison
Masked Man
Max
Maya Fey
Medusa
Metal Mario
Miles Edgeworth
Morrigan
Mumbo Jumbo
Nathan Spencer
Neku
Petey Piranha
Q*bert
Richter
Ryo
Saturos
Sephiroth
Shake King
Sigurd
Sub-Zero
Tabuu
Wargreymon

Go to the bottom of page 1 for the other 200.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:15 pm

Dude where are nightmare and frogger?

As for nintendo, I'd suggest the likes of:

Starfox:

Pigma
Character

Each turn, as long as there is no "Apparoid Token" on your opponent's field, instead of this card attacking, select one character you did not control from the discard pile. During the next turn, pay double the required points for summoning that character and place one Apparoid Token on your opponent's field with the same ATK and HP as the selected character with this effect:

This card cannot be an attack target. This card cannot attack. As long as this card is on your opponent's field, your opponent must pay an extra point for each attack target. Each turn, this card's ATK is decreased by 5. When this card's ATK reaches 0, destroy this card.

James McCloud's Appearance
Event

If a character you control would be destroyed by battle, negate the attack. The attacking character cannot attack during the next turn.

Super Mario:

Dry Bones
Character

This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Each time this card's HP reaches zero, it becomes *insert HP here* again. Then, your opponent gains control of this card.

Tanooki
Item

You may equip this card to any character you control. Each turn, instead of that character attacking, you may switch its ATK for its HP.

Metroid:

Metroid
Item

You may equip this card to any character. Each turn, decrease that character's HP by 5. When the equipped character is destroyed, place this card on your field. This card is now treated as a character. Its ATK and HP are those of the destroyed character.
Back to top Go down
BOOred2death
Level 1 CPU
BOOred2death

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:20 pm

1. For the ZSS card it says: you may search your deck for an _______... Something's missing here
2. This is a Crusade TCG, right? So why do we have Brawl Battlefield and FD?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:21 pm

Will there be cards playable during the opponents turn, like instants in MTG?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:22 pm

SuperFlash38 wrote:

2. This is a Crusade TCG, right? So why do we have Brawl Battlefield and FD?
those are just easily recognizable picture representations. By your logic, all of the characters would have to be Crusade sprites as well, and imo, the characters and stages would all look much worse (sprites can't compare with those images)
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:12 pm

@Sliss: Frogger and Nightmare are planned, just not made yet.
As for the cards... we don't really have room for Pigma and Dry Bones. There are other, more important reps for Star Fox and Mario.
The events and items... maybe.

@Superflash: Oops on ZSS, supposed to say item...

@perfecthell: I would, but that might overcomplicate the game and then Falcon/whoever would have to code a stack and other things...
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:48 pm

True enough. i also noticed that attacking/defending systems for characters haven't been outlined here. How does attacking, blocking, combat work?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Card Clash!!   Crusade Card Clash!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crusade Card Clash!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next