View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EnerGForce
Level 1 CPU
EnerGForce

N/A

Petey Piranha Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petey Piranha Discussion   Petey Piranha Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 11:12 am

desu wrote:
Yeah, Petey is such a fun character, love the air to ground combos to air combos, and petey's neutral special mixed with down special is such a good way of dealing up damage, not to mention the corner meteor smashes.
However I feel he would be a bit better with just a bit more mobility in the air.
Couldn't agree more! My friend mains Toon Link, and once I'm in the air, there's hardly a chance to avoid combos to death.

Also, his tornado is super useful, but I'm rather confused. When connecting the tornado to a smash attack as a combo, the smash attack often doesn't launch the opponent, giving him time to attack during Petey's smash recovery frames. (It still takes the damage)
Is this intentional? Sometimes the smashes from the tornado do launch the opponent, sometimes they don't. I think it's based on the positioning of the opponent, but them not launching can look slightly odd.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Petey Piranha Discussion   Petey Piranha Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 11:15 am

I think the knockback of the 2 attacks cancels each other out at certain distances; while I don't use Petey (not my style), I've seen (and have been the target of) similar events in even Smash 4.
Back to top Go down
EnerGForce
Level 1 CPU
EnerGForce

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Petey Piranha Discussion   Petey Piranha Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 12:00 pm

wheeled_tank wrote:
I think the knockback of the 2 attacks cancels each other out at certain distances; while I don't use Petey (not my style), I've seen (and have been the target of) similar events in even Smash 4.
Ohh that makes sense for sure.

EDIT: As of now I'm holding the attack button while my level 10 Toon Link is pinned against the wall. It's the neutral attack combo. "COMBO 99" his HP is at 999%.
Basically, don't get pinned against the wall B)
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Petey Piranha Discussion   Petey Piranha Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 7:03 pm

If someone is still stuck in tornado, they won't be launched. You have to time your attacks to hit after tornado ends. Since it's a kind of command grab, you can use another grab to disrupt it (Down B) and use that to set up for more combos.
Back to top Go down
Walt Phillarson
Level 2 CPU
Walt Phillarson

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Petey Piranha Discussion   Petey Piranha Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:53 am

I've always loved Petey, and never once have I imagined him being such a fun character to play as in a Smash game. Definitely one of my mains along with Klonoa and Mewtwo.

much better option than a generic piranha plant in a pot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petey Piranha Discussion   Petey Piranha Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Petey Piranha Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2