View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Link Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Link Discussion   Link Discussion EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:16 am

Discuss, share opinions, ideas, etc. about Link.
Back to top Go down
Daw/Dave
Level 2 CPU
Daw/Dave

Link Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Link Discussion   Link Discussion EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 11:52 am

Favourite character in the game. Loved him since his N64 days.
Back to top Go down
Ascedmor
Level 1 CPU
Ascedmor

Link Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Link Discussion   Link Discussion EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 6:26 pm

Not sure if this is a glitch or intentional but link is able to fly if hes holding an item and uses his dair with the stick
Back to top Go down
RaiaZecter
Level 1 CPU
RaiaZecter

AurumZenoHX

Link Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Link Discussion   Link Discussion EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 12:22 am

I have Link as a secondary. The thing I love about Link is his side special on the ground. They're the Hidden Skills from Twilight Princess and are really great K.O moves. I guess i'll provide some info about it.

This move has two parts. Pressing once will do the Shield Bash. It reflects projectiles. Pressing again will do one of the Hidden Skills depending on whether you're holding a direction or not.

Without holding a direction, Shield Bash is followed by Ending Blow/Jump Strike. This deals 21% damage. Great K.O move, but be careful not to send yourself offstage with this.

While holding to the side, Shield Bash is followed by Helm Splitter. This deals 14%, and has a hitbox that sends the opponent away, or behind you.

While holding down, Shield Bash is followed by Back Slice. Link rolls towards the opponent, which pops them up for 1%, and then slices their back for 14%. Good for K.Os and when you're at the edge of the stage and want to turn things around.

Finally, while holding up, Shield Bash is followed by the Great Spin. Great K.O move, deals 13% compared to the regular spin's 12%, good knockback, and has a red trail to differentiate from the regular spin attack. Like Back Slice, it's good for when you're at the edge of the stage because the entire hitbox sends opponents towards where you're facing.
Back to top Go down
T-Fox
Level 1 CPU

Fox
  N/A

Link Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Link Discussion   Link Discussion EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 1:10 pm

Links up special is too powerful on the ground. Way to powerful. Nerf please.
Back to top Go down
Dracobat10
Level 2 CPU
Dracobat10

Captain Falcon
  Dracobat10

Link Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Link Discussion   Link Discussion EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 6:00 pm

I suppose that and Hidden Skill's "Great Spin", or as we call it, "Beyblade". It for sure needs a nerf as well as all Link's other moves being he has minimal lag on his moves but absurd power and range (*cough* F-Smash). He gets away with a lot more due to and can even spam a bit, but I'd hope he'd be looked into when balancing again.
Back to top Go down
darkness3827
Level 2 CPU

Gooey
  N/A

Link Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Link Discussion   Link Discussion EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 8:58 pm

Item's Link's Up B is really good too, but for different reasons. Really hard to edgeguard it. Also yeah his F-smash and dash attack are really strong and he is a bit too heavy IMO. He doesn't really have anything that is busted (like Rayman Down B), but everything he has is pretty close. IMO he needs some heavy nerfs (both versions), but I don't know where cause pretty much everything could use it cept the neutral, side, and down specials.
Back to top Go down
JPIMW
Level 3 CPU
JPIMW

Jigglypuff
  Jpimw

Link Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Link Discussion   Link Discussion EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 8:02 am

The problems I have with Link are:
1. I think he's a bit too heavy;
2. His Forward Smash has too much knockback (specially the first hit);
3. Dash Attack has too much range and knockback;
4. (Items Link) Up B is way too hard to edgeguard;
5. (HS Link) Up B is way too strong.
Back to top Go down
Koletrain904
Level 3 CPU
Koletrain904

Kirby
  N/A

Link Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Link Discussion   Link Discussion EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 7:27 am

Link's first part of F-Smash does have too much Knockback, but again you can use it to fake ppl out. If you have too, you can nerf the knockback on the 1st hit and keep the 2nd hit the same, but make the first hit have knockback when getting hit with the tip of the sword, ya know like how it is in smash 4. His Spin Attack makes sense as a edge guard counter as to stop ppl from edge guarding, its a sword so the sword gives him more range with the spin attack, if you want to edge guard the spin attack use an attack that can stop it without getting hit by it or use a range attack. Dash Attack really shouldn't have that much knockback, but then again it is a thrust so idk, I think its a normal thing so he should keep it? And again its a sword so i think the range on his dash attack makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Azziedood101
Level 1 CPU

Sonic
  N/A

Link Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Not too big of a fan of link right now   Link Discussion EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 7:53 pm

I'm not a big fan of normal link.
But the only reason for that is how SLOW HE RUNS! This applies to hidden skills as well.

If this changes I'm willing to give link more of a chance.
Back to top Go down
SkilliSmash
Level 2 CPU
SkilliSmash

Ryu
  N/A

Link Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Link Discussion   Link Discussion EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 8:46 pm

Azziedood101 wrote:
I'm not a big fan of normal link.
But the only reason for that is how SLOW HE RUNS! This applies to hidden skills as well.

If this changes I'm willing to give link more of a chance.

he's supposed to run slow, thats one of his main attributes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Link Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Link Discussion   Link Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Link Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1