Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
spongyoshi
Level 1 CPU
spongyoshi

Toad
  Spongyoshi

Kirby Discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 6:10 pm

I just wanna state that I love the idea of Kirby gaining canon abilities when he inhales someone like in his games instead of just gaining their neutral special! It makes him more unique!
And I agree with desu because it doesn't sounds too hard to code and could make for a great alternate moveset for him! ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fernandezadrian691.wix.com/mariopartyfan
Walten Paperclips
Level 1 CPU
Walten Paperclips

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 8:38 pm

To be fair, Kirby gaining canon abilities leaves me mixed.

On one hand, it's a nice, unique touch for Crusade, which is pretty fun by itself at some times. Heck, once I even played Classic Mode as Kirby just to see what abilities could he gain by absorbing different characters.

But on the other hand, it completely kills Kirby's main gimmick, which, as we all know, is copying the abilities of whoever he swallows, and Kirby obviously ain't Kirby without that ability. Plus, if the crew could program specific obtained moves for each character absorbed for Kirby, then what prevents them from making those absorbed moves the exact same moves as the character who Kirby absorbs? The issue with spriting the hats, though, is perfectly understandable, but not copying the exact abilities? Come on.

Overall, he's alright.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 5:42 am

Walten Paperclips wrote:

On one hand, it's a nice, unique touch for Crusade, which is pretty fun by itself at some times. Heck, once I even played Classic Mode as Kirby just to see what abilities could he gain by absorbing different characters.

But on the other hand, it completely kills Kirby's main gimmick, which, as we all know, is copying the abilities of whoever he swallows, and Kirby obviously ain't Kirby without that ability. Plus, if the crew could program specific obtained moves for each character absorbed for Kirby, then what prevents them from making those absorbed moves the exact same moves as the character who Kirby absorbs? The issue with spriting the hats, though, is perfectly understandable, but not copying the exact abilities? Come on.

Overall, he's alright.

The problem is that it would require either spriting the hats within the sprites theirselves (with over 60 characters that brings the sprite number to over 2400 animations aprox). Not only choosing kirby would take forever to load up compared to the rest of the cast, but that would be an insane amount of sprite work. The other option is to sprite the hats separately and put them on the character like if they were item points, I guess it would require less sprites but again it would take a lot to load up and to sprite and imprement.

That leaves us with 2 options, either you do 3D models for each hat that ressemble sprites (is that even possible?), which I guess would take less time to load and put it onto the game, that would require, however a ton of coding and a 3D modeler and animator too.
The easiest option would be to make the hat appear when Kirby uses neutral B and do the move, or doing the move with no hat at all, this one could reuse animations, like firing Fireballs using the jab animation. These 2 are the only ways I see Kirby's hats working, I wonder how SSF2 did it, but I think it's using option 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walten Paperclips
Level 1 CPU
Walten Paperclips

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 7:22 am

Oh. Guess I should've taken the loading times into consideration.

I still wonder how does SSF2 do it without the loading times being too long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 7:02 pm

Walten Paperclips wrote:
On one hand, it's a nice, unique touch for Crusade, But on the other hand, it completely kills Kirby's main gimmick, which, as we all know, is copying the abilities of whoever he swallows, and Kirby obviously ain't Kirby without that ability.

What do you mean? he gains abilities of whoever he swallows. The gimmick is right there and alive. That He gains canon abilities is just a twist that... well, makes him more canonically accurate to his original game, while also making it exponentially easier to implement as the roster grows (either by official means or through CMC mods).

Kirby uses inhale? check
Kirby gains abilities depending on who he swallows? check
Kirby's main gimmick is there, just not in the way that official smash does.

Athorment wrote:
Those "More deserving ones" will get votes regardless of circumstances, so i suggest supporting who you want in regardless of popularity

Crusade Wishlist::

Returning Veteran Wishlist::

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Walten Paperclips
Level 1 CPU
Walten Paperclips

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 8:01 pm

I get why Kirby plays the way he plays, but whatever, I'm countering these claims anyway.

Athorment wrote:
What do you mean? he gains abilities of whoever he swallows. The gimmick is right there and alive. That He gains canon abilities is just a twist that... well, makes him more canonically accurate to his original game

Except that it doesn't make him more "canonically accurate" to his original game. Sure, the abilities come from that game, but;
-Mario doesn't exactly spit fire.
-Klonoa isn't a sword-wielder himself.
-Luigi uses electricity, but throwing it in ball forms.
-Crash doesn't use something even close to a fire punch, and NEITHER does Petey Piranha.
-Popo and Nana don't even have a beam shooting... anything. At all.

The list goes on. Sure some are accurate to whoever he absorbs (like Bowser and Marth), but you get my point.

Athorment wrote:
while also making it exponentially easier to implement as the roster grows (either by official means or through CMC mods).

Okay, I'll give you that one.

Athorment wrote:
Kirby uses inhale? check
Kirby gains abilities depending on who he swallows? check
Kirby's main gimmick is there, just not in the way that official smash does.

You said it; "depending on" who he swallows. Kirby's main gimmick isn't exactly there, because he doesn't copy abilities. I mean, even in the Kirby franchise those abilities he gets are classified as "Copy abilities", the keyword is right there.

Now, if it's too negatively consequential to implement the "literally copying abilities" thing, no need to implement it, but at least adding more abilities from the source material would be good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 3:38 am

I swear this thread has had the same arguments every god damn time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walten Paperclips
Level 1 CPU
Walten Paperclips

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 6:40 am

Seemingly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kirby Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4