HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Goku Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jak

Klonoa

Goku Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:35 am

Bugs Bunny isn't happening, now please get back on topic
Back to top Go down
bubsyplz
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 10:07 am

Jaklub wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIuotFZnBtk ok, how about sailor mo-no, that'd suck... i got nuffin. you win.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 4:16 pm

bubsyplz wrote:
Jaklub wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIuotFZnBtk ok, how about sailor mo-no, that'd suck... i got nuffin. you win.

Off-topic; That was probably not only the most overwhelming amount of posts that I've missed in a topic that I've contributed to, but also the most asinine series of topics. I'm just glad I came in time to see it end. ._.'"

On-topic; Any plans for a few balancing ideas in the upcoming demo? Perhaps implementing that chargeable Kamehameha attack that was mentioned so many months ago?
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:56 pm

+1 for chargeable Kamehameha. We've already got something pretty similar in Geno's laser.
Back to top Go down
hatchetfox
Level 1 CPU
hatchetfox

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 4:34 am

So... Now that his Kaioken final smash is gone is there any chance of Super Saiyan Goku being playable in the same way as Evil Ryu or Weegee?
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 6:53 am

hatchetfox wrote:
So...  Now that his Kaioken final smash is gone is there any chance of Super Saiyan Goku being playable in the same way as Evil Ryu or Weegee?

Understand that Weegee and Evil Ryu are playable because they are biological variants of their respective characters. Although tiered differently in USF4, Evil Ryu is supposedly as strong as Ryu thanks to his destructiveness, and Weegee is simply a variant of Luigi. They're not simply powered-up versions of their predecessors.

Although I guess that might have been roughly how he worked in most of the DBZ games, not to mention Jump Super/Ultimate Stars.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 5:02 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
hatchetfox wrote:
So...  Now that his Kaioken final smash is gone is there any chance of Super Saiyan Goku being playable in the same way as Evil Ryu or Weegee?

Understand that Weegee and Evil Ryu are playable because they are biological variants of their respective characters. Although tiered differently in USF4, Evil Ryu is supposedly as strong as Ryu thanks to his destructiveness, and Weegee is simply a variant of Luigi. They're not simply powered-up versions of their predecessors.

Although I guess that might have been roughly how he worked in most of the DBZ games, not to mention Jump Super/Ultimate Stars.

Why not just... Give him his Super Saiyan Final Smash again? It's not like the sprites are hard to come by or anything, and you probably wouldn't even need to edit them either since Super Saiyan Goku usually has a more shiny Gi than regular Goku anyways. Why, you probably wouldn't even need to make it anything special; Just make it the current one but with Super Saiyan sprites. Any nod to Super Saiyan at all would be just fine, really, as long as it isn't just some alternate victory animation or a Taunt copout like Ganondorf's infamous sword taunt.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 6:59 pm

I won't say it will be trivial to get him back, but I will say it was a bit odd that his Final Smash went away.
Back to top Go down
hatchetfox
Level 1 CPU
hatchetfox

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:57 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
hatchetfox wrote:

It was just a suggestion. The complete absence of his super saiyan form just seemed a bit odd. It's more iconic than his base form, after all.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 3:02 pm

Does anyone else think it'd be nice if Goku could perform a diagonal (or a kamehameha wave that be angled) right after instant transmission?

IMO it would be a cool inspiration from the source material (goku vs cell) and also make goku more exciting, flexible and give him more options overall.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Eh, I dunno. Sounds like the opponent would have little time to react, if I understood you correctly.
Then again, I'm one of those people who think that anything anime in any Smash Bros game is a big mistake, so what do I know...
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 3:31 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Eh, I dunno. Sounds like the opponent would have little time to react, if I understood you correctly.
Then again, I'm one of those people who think that anything anime in any Smash Bros game is a big mistake, so what do I know...

Sorry trinitro, I actually cited the anime incorrectly. Goku was already charging the attack when he teleported via IT.

So I'd like to propose the ability to teleport while charging kamehameha.

TrinitroMan wrote:
anything anime in any Smash Bros game is a big mistake, so what do I know...

Animu is luv, animu is lief
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 8:43 pm

Slissith wrote:

So I'd like to propose the ability to teleport while charging kamehameha.

This was actually included in his resprite moveset, along with angling of the beam. In addition, the charging and release size of the beam were supposed to work more similarly to Geno's neutral B or a better version of how SSF2 did it. Time restrictions and small development team unfortunately, but it will happen.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 8:56 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 5:04 pm

Would also like to see kamehameha charged as well.

Also I'm reading that Goku's super saiyan final smash is getting the boot. So I would say keep his super saiyan form and change the attacks he makes. Would also like to know what the devs had in mind to replace super saiyan form.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 3:09 pm

His super saiyan alternate final smash is planned to return in the future. Again, overloaded development team and time constraints.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 5:30 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
His super saiyan alternate final smash is planned to return in the future.  Again, overloaded development team and time constraints.

Well, as long as it returns, I'm satisfied. It was one of the biggest issues a friend of mine had with the game when I was showing it to him, citing it as making him feel "naked" and "incomplete". I'm glad it's returning, now he'll have no issues!
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 10:04 am

If you charge his kameha, make sure he says kamehameha really fast if someone just presses it, without holding, making it a weak blast that will still cross the screen, but won't stun you.

If you charge the attack, he'll say it slowly and the attack will stun and raise in damage.
Back to top Go down
hatchetfox
Level 1 CPU
hatchetfox

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 8:43 am

Perfect Hell wrote:
His super saiyan alternate final smash is planned to return in the future.

That's disappointing... Aw well. At least his super saiyan form is returning in some way.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:51 am

This will make you feel better, I think. Latest news on Earth's Special Forces.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 2:26 pm

If you imagine that Goku is just some sort of super special guest, it isn't as irritating that he's in.

Also super saiyan for final smash pls k thx bye
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 6:23 pm

My only question about this hero is this: His voice here are clips from Sean Schemmel, right?
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 4:55 pm

Give Goku's taunt a hitbox. The rest of his character is pretty much complete so I can't think of anything but this. I'd imagine it would send an opponent upwards.

i know we dont need this
Back to top Go down
Triforceriku
Level 3 CPU
Triforceriku

TriforcerikuX

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 3:37 pm

Honestly, i just want Goku to play like he should. His specials look like they're gonna represent his character well, but his normal moves could use some work, at least in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 1:31 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:

Turning off kaio-ken through taunt could actually be overpowered.  Go kaio-ken, kill opponent with new down b or suped up neutral B, turn it off.  You sustain very little damage in the process.  Not only is this somewhat unbalanced in certain cases, it's also not true to the source material, in which Kaio-ken brings it's user to the brink of death.  The damage sustained from the entirety of it is necessity, and your reward is huge damage output and a likely kill.

If you did add a Kaio taunt cancel, maybe Goku could enter a "Kaio-Ken exaust" state where he moves slower, attacks slower, has reduced damage output and takes more damage.

hatchetfox wrote:
So... Now that his Kaioken final smash is gone is there any chance of Super Saiyan Goku being playable in the same way as Evil Ryu or Weegee?

Maybe Super Saiyan Goku could be a alt costume of regular Goku (with the same moves/Final Smash)
Back to top Go down
For Glorious Fun
Level 2 CPU
For Glorious Fun

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 7:27 pm

I like current version Goku. He feels legit powerful to use and, dare I say it, a step above SSF2 Goku in my book.
Back to top Go down
Walt Phillarson
Level 2 CPU
Walt Phillarson

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 9:35 pm

To say the least, Goku has been amazingly implemented in the game, and playing as him is a real blast!

...until some weird unknown bug happens and nor the Ki Blasts nor the Kamehameha work at all anymore! Not until you close the game and start it again or something.

Am I the only one who experienced this? Hopefully not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Goku Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3