HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Luigi Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
avatar

  8670
  EJ88201

PostSubject: Luigi Discussion   Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:57 pm


Discuss, share opinions, ideas, etc. about Luigi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Samus
  344
  mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:02 am

I already posted my idea for a new Down Special on Mario, so why leave Luigi in the dust? Instead of the (No offense) lame Luigi Tornado, why not borrow some inspiration from the Mario&Luigi series? His nickname IS the Green Thunder, after all. That's right, I'm talking about the Thunder Hand technique.

In Mario&Luigi: Superstar Saga, Luigi is trained by the Thunder God and learns the Thunder Hand, allowing him to summon electricity in his hands. So, for his down special, have him charge up electricity! After charging this for a few seconds, Luigi will become faster and all his Special moves become Electrified, dealing more damage in the process. The charged Fireball, Thunderball, should also move a bit faster, along with the electrified Luigi Missile. However, Luigi should become easier to launch and damage in this state, and he can return to normal at any time by using his down special again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DSwift
Level 3 CPU
avatar

  Bowser
  88
  WulfenGale

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:37 pm

Luigi can immediately Up Special out of Green Missile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DJSkrelp
Level 2 CPU
avatar

  Toad
  42
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:17 pm

Holy cow! The combo potential on Luigi is insane in this game! However, he struggles against certain spacing characters, as he does in usual smash games. Projectiles that override his fireballs and have priority over his other moves can also hurt him, though. Mind games can be used to do crazy stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLy3SOItBAVpOzzkfhGd5pw
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Mario
  294

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:58 pm

About some changes for further differentiate the Green Coward Plumber from Mario, I'm suggesting these changes:

-Neutral Special: Poltergust: Luigi uses his vaccum machine Poltergust for trapping enemy projectiles, for later returning them. If he traps an enemy, instead, he can also throw him/her.

-Side Special: Thunder Ball

-Up Special: Green Missile: However, I visualize now this technique as a mix between the Green Missile and the Jump Punch (ie., charginng and later, launching himself punching the opponent)

-Down Special: Now, the Luigi Cyclone has electric properties

(About the rest of his moveset (including the Final Smash), there's no trouble)




What do you think? Comment, please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1462

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:02 pm

Luigi's moveset if fine as is. The Poltergust is in his Final Smash so needing to rep Luigi's Mansion is already done. Also if we added electric properties to the Luigi Cyclone, we would need to change the Mario Cyclone to have fire properties.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Mario
  294

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:10 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Luigi's moveset if fine as is. The Poltergust is in his Final Smash so needing to rep Luigi's Mansion is already done. Also if we added electric properties to the Luigi Cyclone, we would need to change the Mario Cyclone to have fire properties.

The thing that happens, buddy, is that, about his Neutral Special, I visualize better being something inspired in Luigi's Mansion (his main appearences as the protagonist).

As I said it above, it's in order to further differentiate him from Super Mario.

But well...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1462

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:18 pm

Luigi is supposed to be Green Mario but weird. So almost every attack he has should be Mario's but weirder. (Save for his Side Special, that one is just weird)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Mario
  294

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:21 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Luigi is supposed to be Green Mario but weird. So almost every attack he has should be Mario's but weirder. (Save for his Side Special, that one is just weird)

Well, this has much sense...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nintensis
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Tails
  160
  jmf72115

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:44 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Luigi's moveset if fine as is. The Poltergust is in his Final Smash so needing to rep Luigi's Mansion is already done. Also if we added electric properties to the Luigi Cyclone, we would need to change the Mario Cyclone to have fire properties.

I couldn't have said it any better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXcP_rB2DD03kDVk4qGFgpQ
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Ness
  176
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:49 am

I'd support the electric tornado. But honestly a whole new side special would be awesome imo. Never really understood why luigis side special is the same as an electric mouse. And it's only fun because you know... Misfires.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Pac-Man
  642

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:07 am

Sean_McMuffin wrote:
I'd support the electric tornado. But honestly a whole new side special would be awesome imo. Never really understood why luigis side special is the same as an electric mouse. And it's only fun because you know... Misfires.

Luigi's Side Special helps him a lot to recover. And of course his Misfire is fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq

avatar

  Petey Piranha
  1362

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:33 pm

Sean_McMuffin wrote:
I'd support the electric tornado. But honestly a whole new side special would be awesome imo. Never really understood why luigis side special is the same as an electric mouse. And it's only fun because you know... Misfires.
Luigi's Side Special is an icon by now and has been referenced outside of Smash. Honestly I don't think anyone agrees on changing the side special but you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1462

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:28 pm

I think Luigi's side special did appear in a game and is canon.

I can't guarantee that this is the truth and maybe I'm just a big poopy liar.

I think it's the latter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
avatar

  Evil Ryu
  29

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:20 pm

people who request for Green Missile to be removed remind me of those who requested Giga Bowser to no longer be Bowser's FS.

not gonna happen, gotta be some Smash staples beyond Captain Falcon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  349
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:24 pm

Please don't change Luigi he is my main.

I I love you him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Ness
  176
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:01 am

Don't get me wrong, I love Luigis side special it just needs... Something more to distinguish itself. Sort of like how if you use it into a wall in smash 4 luigi's head gets stuck. That just screams Luigi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
avatar

  1244

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:19 am

Now this I agree with.
More head-stuck-in-walls moments, please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq

avatar

  Petey Piranha
  1362

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Sean_McMuffin wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I love Luigis side special it just needs... Something more to distinguish itself. Sort of like how if you use it into a wall in smash 4 luigi's head gets stuck. That just screams Luigi.
It is special! The mischarge!

His entire side special screams Luigi. Crouching then rocketing forward comically, obviously terrified, and sometimes messing it up which ends up being all good in the long run?

(im the luigi expert, trust me here)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Pac-Man
  642

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:48 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Sean_McMuffin wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I love Luigis side special it just needs... Something more to distinguish itself. Sort of like how if you use it into a wall in smash 4 luigi's head gets stuck. That just screams Luigi.
It is special! The mischarge!

His entire side special screams Luigi. Crouching then rocketing forward comically, obviously terrified, and sometimes messing it up which ends up being all good in the long run?

(im the luigi expert, trust me here)

^ This.

The misfire probably resembles Luigi's hidden potential.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

avatar

  Evil Ryu
  8833

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:47 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:


His entire side special screams Luigi. Crouching then rocketing forward comically, obviously terrified, and sometimes messing it up which ends up being all good in the long run?

(im the luigi expert, trust me here)

Except for those times when an on-stage totally safe side b becomes rocketing off to your doom...or when recovering with side b fairly close to the stage becomes rocketing over and past the stage with no hope of return

_________________
Perfect Hell

SSBC Head Character Balancer

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Competitive discussion is what I do

Crusade Movesets:  projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1613-pending-moveset-topic#45702
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq

avatar

  Petey Piranha
  1362

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:23 am

Perfect Hell wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:


His entire side special screams Luigi. Crouching then rocketing forward comically, obviously terrified, and sometimes messing it up which ends up being all good in the long run?

(im the luigi expert, trust me here)

Except for those times when an on-stage totally safe side b becomes rocketing off to your doom...or when recovering with side b fairly close to the stage becomes rocketing over and past the stage with no hope of return
Well, good point. But even then you get some good laughs. Or some good anger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Little Mac
  855
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:34 am

Yes the best anger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Pac-Man
  642

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:37 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
Perfect Hell wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:


His entire side special screams Luigi. Crouching then rocketing forward comically, obviously terrified, and sometimes messing it up which ends up being all good in the long run?

(im the luigi expert, trust me here)

Except for those times when an on-stage totally safe side b becomes rocketing off to your doom...or when recovering with side b fairly close to the stage becomes rocketing over and past the stage with no hope of return
Well, good point. But even then you get some good laughs. Or some good anger.

This doesn't happen much to me, though. "Lucky me!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GONZAfeco
Level 1 CPU
avatar

  Rayman
  19
  64-MarioyLuigi

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:29 pm

[quote="MarioStrikerMurphy1994"]About some changes for further differentiate the Green Coward Plumber from Mario, I'm suggesting these changes:

-Neutral Special: Poltergust: Luigi uses his vaccum machine Poltergust for trapping enemy projectiles, for later returning them. If he traps an enemy, instead, he can also throw him/her.

-Side Special: Thunder Ball

-Up Special: Green Missile: However, I visualize now this technique as a mix between the Green Missile and the Jump Punch (ie., charginng and later, launching himself punching the opponent)

-Down Special: Now, the Luigi Cyclone has electric properties

(About the rest of his moveset (including the Final Smash), there's no trouble)




What do you think? Comment, please.[/quote]

It's nice


Last edited by GONZAfeco on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GONZAfeco
Level 1 CPU
avatar

  Rayman
  19
  64-MarioyLuigi

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:31 pm

[quote="SS_Maeweather"]Please don't change Luigi he is my main.

[size=10]I  I love you him[/size][/quote]

And if they leave him but only add the Luigi's Mansion moveset as an alternate(my idea)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Klonoa
  600
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:42 pm

The Poltergust is already Luigi's Final Smash, and to be fair, him having a few similarities to Mario is inevitable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
avatar

  Mario
  1029
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:49 am

I have an idea to use the Poltergust more in Luigi's moveset without taking the iconic moves:
His grab. He would vacuum in front of him, giving him larger grab reach then others, and the person caught would be stuck on the funnel. His pummel could be wacking the foe on the ground, only for the rebound to hit Luigi's poor face. And when he throws he would eject the foe before doing his normal throws.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Klonoa
  600
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:14 am

So use it in a similar way to the Wii U's Final Smash (Suck in opponents)? I could live with that. And only Luigi would have the (mis)fortune to have an opponent hit him in the face when grabbed. On that note, the forward throw could be somewhat similar to the Wii U's Final Smash, where he shoots the opponent out of the Poltergust ahead of himself at an upward angle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
For Glorious Fun
Level 2 CPU
avatar

  Weegee
  26
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:04 am

GONZAfeco wrote:
SS_Maeweather wrote:
Please don't change Luigi he is my main.

I  I love you him

And if they leave him but only add the Luigi's Mansion moveset as an alternate(my idea)?
No need for an alternative. That's what our boy Weegee is for...even though they're putting Link and Toon Link in one slot with Link getting an alternate playstyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Luigi Discussion   

Back to top Go down
 
Luigi Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Apocalypse Discussion
» Skyrim Discussion
» Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion
» Wrestling Discussion Thread
» TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Character Discussion :: Crusade Characters-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum