HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! Empty
PostSubject: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 4:10 pm

So as you all know I was able to get crusade 0.9 to work and it's pretty awesome and there is some stuff I liked and other stuff I didn't. How do you all feel about the new crusade airdodges do you like it? I feel like they are bit too much but mainly because you can jump out of it. but that is just me. Discuss.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 4:12 pm

The Crusade air dodge is really weird and hard for me to get used to.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 4:48 pm

Crusade air dodge is actually an air dash named as an air dodge to deceive you so we can point out how silly you all are when you keep calling it an air dodge
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 5:10 pm

StayPuft wrote:
Crusade air dodge is actually an air dash named as an air dodge to deceive you so we can point out how silly you all are when you keep calling it an air dodge
It functions similarly to an air dodge so I will call it an air dodge. HA!
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 5:46 pm

It is literally an air dash. That was the whole conception behind it. It's a lot of fun, just treat it like a dash not a dodge.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 5:55 pm

I think that it is really cool. Not only can you air dodge but you can use it to set up attacks by attacking or jumping out of it. But at the same time you can punish someone with it. So it's not OP! Like me.Smile
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 6:33 pm

I think Crusade air dodge is pretty awesome - it gives some of the slower characters mobility options they didn't have before and because it's so fast, it makes for wicked wavedashing.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 6:39 pm

Falcon8r wrote:
I think Crusade air dodge is pretty awesome - it gives some of the slower characters mobility options they didn't have before and because it's so fast, it makes for wicked wavedashing.

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 7:29 am

The great stuff about the crusade airdodge is that characters with a bad recovery can use it to further increase their chances of making is back on to the stage Smile
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 12:24 pm

Yep that is true makes a lot of recovery options.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 7:10 pm

What do you guys think of peach in this demo does she seem a bit floaty?
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 am

That depends on what you mean by "floaty." Get it? Cause she can hover with a float too!

I should die soon
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 10:39 am

I'd actually like to hear as much feedback as possible regarding Peach's gameplay, competitive or not. It's very difficult to tell just how well balanced she is because of her air speed gimmick.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 10:43 am

Dry wrote:
I'd actually like to hear as much feedback as possible regarding Peach's gameplay, competitive or not. It's very difficult to tell just how well balanced she is because of her air speed gimmick.

I'm a sexist pig, but I'll give her a shot.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 2:01 pm

If you want my opinions on peach she is very good in this game over all but I feel like she is a bit too floaty. Her air mobility is best out of anything.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 3:28 pm

Come to think of it, I still need to try Peach. I've mostly been playing with Ashley, Petey, Klonoa, and of course the new Ryu and Evil Ryu. Ashley and Pac-Man are probably my two favorite newcomers so far. Pac-Man's animations are just awesome, and he feels great too. Ashley was challenging at first, but now that I have a few matches in I think I understand her gameplan.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 1:57 am

The four characters I balanced were MK, Kirby, Peach and Petey, so feedback on Petey would be nice too.

I have heard people say that Petey feels clunky, but, well, that's kinda the point. He's a huge, lumbering piranha plant.

My advice on Petey is mainly not to play him like a lightweight. Don't play like he has decent mobility, because he doesn't. His projectiles are supposed to synergise well, as the tornado can only be blocked by shield, and the goop forces people into the air to stop them shielding. So basically stake out your territory (like a real piranha plant!) and then cover the stage with projectiles. His crouch also gives armour, like Bowser, although I think even stronger. Makes sense, because he literally plants himself into the ground.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 6:10 am

Out of all these characters, I've only played kirby and I definetely like him. Unlike previous demos, his fair is easy to use.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 8:26 am

So I did get to play around with Peach. Took me a minute to get used to her new air mobility! She's right up there with Wario and Jiggs now. Her Up Tilt has a HUGE heart now for some reason... I like that Uair is now a kill move, and her double jump seems a good bit higher, making that Uair all the more useful. Overall, she seems pretty similar, but a lot faster in the air, which ultimately makes her floating game better.

Slissith wrote:
Out of all these characters, I've only played kirby and I definetely like him. Unlike previous demos, his fair is easy to use.

Shocked I always thought his Fair was kinda good actually.
Back to top Go down
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:15 am

Falcon8r wrote:
I freaking love Crusade style.

-More recovery options

-Along with auto ground canceling, it gives tons more follow-up opportunities on the ground and in the air. Combine that with Turbo and damn...

-It even makes the game easier and more accessible for those who can't recover/intercept that well and that is not a bad thing.

-Who needs to dodge when you can mooove.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!   YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

YO Crusade 0.9 is hype!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1