HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
ZS
Level 6 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am

I hope Chrom is not just part of the Final Smash.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:18 am

Me and my friend were both up all night a couple days ago wondering who it would be. We thought some crazy shit up, and I know my choice would've been Bomberman, and he said his would be Rayman. I was also sort of hoping for a Belmont to be thrown in the mix. Then we feared if any more Mario or Pokemon would fill up the spaces. When we heard the Shulk news, we were frightened that all our wondering would go to waste. The day before, I was pretty much convinced it would be a character I didn't give much regard to. I wasn't disappointed. I guess it was just wishful thinking.

At least it wasn't Pushmo.

Last edited by HypeConduit on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SP

Crash Bandicoot
  cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:19 am

Chrom is part of Robin's final smash I'm pretty sure

gg gematsu

Lucina is probably a seperate slot as a Marth clone or his alt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZS
Level 6 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:20 am

If he can make it as a Marth alternate, ill be happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU

Random
  C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:09 am

The trailer was epic!!! I've always wanted Lucina over Chrom as a playable character and I wanted Falcon to be confirmed even though I had my doubts. Both of them fighting in the same trailer makes me OH... SO... HAPPY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:38 am

With today's trailer, we now have 36 fighters (3 shy of Brawl's total); 25 veterans and 11 newcomers.

And here's an updated list of the remaining 14 unconfirmed Brawl vets.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sparlock

Ryu
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:02 am

Mr. Mistress wrote:
Meta Knight
Wario
Ness
Lucas
Ivysaur
Squirtle
Snake
ROB
Game & watch
Ganondorf
Falco
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Bolded are characters I think are back, I can take or leave the rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
SP

Crash Bandicoot
  cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:40 am

Wolf but no Falco? Laaaame
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gamey DJ
Level 6 CPU

Ristar
  nah

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:41 am

Lucinalconbinthegreat wrote:
Mr. Mistress wrote:
Meta Knight
Wario
Ness
Lucas
Ivysaur
Squirtle
Snake
ROB
Game & watch
Ganondorf
Falco
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Bolded are characters I think are back, I can take or leave the rest.
y u no falcolover???1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:48 am

I would be so much more hyped if Lucina wasn't a Marth clone. Every single attack she did in the trailer and even her idle animation were exact copies of Marth (idle being Brawl Marth idle).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparlock

Ryu
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:09 am

I could always take or leave Falco, if he's cut I couldn't care in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU

Random
  C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:30 am

I'm glad Laura Bailey is reprising her role as Lucina. I love hearing her voice. *prepares to be judged*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SP

Crash Bandicoot
  cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:33 am

C_Mill24 wrote:
I'm glad Laura Bailey is reprising her role as Lucina. I love hearing her voice. *prepares to be judged*

Needs more feet being tickled, right
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZS
Level 6 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:07 am

Perfect Hell wrote:
I would be so much more hyped if Lucina wasn't a Marth clone.  Every single attack she did in the trailer and even her idle animation were exact copies of Marth (idle being Brawl Marth idle).

I completely agree. Lucina is a fine Awakening rep, but as a fighter, she is the 2nd Marth clone in the series and it just makes me question why wasn't she an alternate for him so they could let Chrom in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparlock

Ryu
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:58 pm

So what do you think is up with Robin's sword? In the promo pic, cinematic and artwork he has a long jagged sword but in the screenshots and the majority of the trailer he has a shorter speartip. He pulls out the jagged sword at one part of the trailer and then it goes again.

The only thing I can see is that because he has limited Tome abilities they balanced it by having him get a more powerful sword once the Tome is chucked.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:24 pm

I'm quite pleased with the addition of Robin. He definitely looks like a one of a kind character. I plan to main him. Smile

As much as I liked Lucina in FE:A, I don't think I am very pleased with them adding her into Smash as a playable character. Now it just looks like we got too much FE here. And she looks like she plays exactly like Marth. Honestly, I would ad preferred Roy back over her if we were to get a Marth clone. I'm surprised Sakurai chose Lucina over Chrom, none the less, giving the series 4 reps. So I am very curious why this decision was made. Also, R.I.P. Roy.

I'm pleased with C.Falcon's return. Though does it appear that he looks bigger and taller this time around.

And am I the only one who spotted a new FE stage in one of the screen shots? I could've sworn I saw Validar's stage in one of the screen shots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:35 pm

I have a theory about Lucina's addition. From what I've heard, Marth's play style has been altered to suit a slightly slower and more ground based style of combat. Sakurai probably added Lucina's with Marth's old style of gameplay to satisfy those who mained Marth in the past.

Of course, we won't be sure of anything until the game comes out, but I figured I'd offer a possible explanation. (Also, Roy sucks.)
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:28 pm

But then why not just bring old Marth back? Why ground & slow down Marth just to bring his old mechanics to give to a newcomer when he could've just used old Marth? It makes no sense to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparlock

Ryu
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:23 am

Sakurai's explained the deal with Lucina.

Basically she's exactly like Marth in terms of attacks, but while Marth focuses on sweet-spot gameplay Lucina doesn't have a sweet-spot on her sword. I'm happy with this compromise. I can't imagine Lucina took long to make so I doubt she took the slot from somebody else.

I also really liked Marth's gameplay but I loathed the sweet-spot. I can't wait to play as Lucina because she sounds perfect for me.
Back to top Go down
Sparlock

Ryu
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:25 am

http://smashboards.com/threads/next-months-corocoro-will-potentially-reveal-all-the-characters.361223/

This could be big, CoroCoro is claiming that their next issue will be a special containing a strategy guide for Smash featuring ALL the characters and stages.

The next issue is on the 15th I think but CoroCoro always gets scanned before that, so we're looking at around 10th August to get the full roster!

And for those of you not familiar with the magazine, this is legit. CoroCoro always gets the lowdown of Pokémon news in advance so they're very much in the know.
Back to top Go down
Gamey DJ
Level 6 CPU

Ristar
  nah

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:46 am

Sakurai's explained the deal with Lucina.

Basically she's exactly like Marth in terms of attacks, but while Marth focuses on sweet-spot gameplay Lucina doesn't have a sweet-spot on her sword. I'm happy with this compromise. I can't imagine Lucina took long to make so I doubt she took the slot from somebody else.

I also really liked Marth's gameplay but I loathed the sweet-spot. I can't wait to play as Lucina because she sounds perfect for me.
So basically shes a clone...... a shorter, short of range clone.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:35 am

Wasn't there an official strategy guide for Brawl that gave MK like 6/10?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU

Waluigi
  Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:50 am

http://smashboards.com/threads/next-months-corocoro-will-potentially-reveal-all-the-characters.361223/

This could be big, CoroCoro is claiming that their next issue will be a special containing a strategy guide for Smash featuring ALL the characters and stages.

The next issue is on the 15th I think but CoroCoro always gets scanned before that, so we're looking at around 10th August to get the full roster!

And for those of you not familiar with the magazine, this is legit. CoroCoro always gets the lowdown of Pokémon news in advance so they're very much in the know.

Well, we still have a few newcomer trailers, so if this is true, perhaps we'll get the trailers first? That'd be nice... 1-3 trailers in the next month? Idk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Robinthegreat wrote:

They've done this with Brawl too.
Turned out that "All characters and stages" meant "All characters and stages SO FAR".

I'm leery about the idea that it's literally everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:22 pm

Dry wrote:
Wasn't there an official strategy guide for Brawl that gave MK like 6/10?

Yep, strategy guides are worthless to a fighting game unless they come out of the competitive community after the game has been out for a little while. But the point is a revealed full roster, not the strategy content of the guide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GAMEfreak329
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:13 pm

Mr. Mistress wrote:

Spoiler:

Um, no. Keep Meta Knight out of the new game. I don't want him back because he was way too OP for his own good. Ness is definitely coming back, as well as Jigglypuff. Game and Watch has a very high chance at coming back because it was hinted in the Pac-man reveal trailer. I see no need for Lucas or the other 2 Pokemon, as they are unnecessary. Ice Climbers should be coming back because they have been in 2 games.

Ganondorf and Falco, JUST NO! I hated how all 3 star fox characters had the same exact final smash, and I don't want Ganondorf to come back because he is a clone of Captain Falcon except a lot slower. ROB, don't even get me started on him. Wolf is fine though, due to how his moves are significantly different from Fox's. Snake was just way too heavy and slow for his own good. Wario I am indifferent about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination

Random
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:17 pm

GAMEfreak329 wrote:
Mr. Mistress wrote:

Spoiler:

Um, no. Keep Meta Knight out of the new game. I don't want him back because he was way too OP for his own good. Ness is definitely coming back, as well as Jigglypuff. Game and Watch has a very high chance at coming back because it was hinted in the Pac-man reveal trailer. I see no need for Lucas or the other 2 Pokemon, as they are unnecessary. Ice Climbers should be coming back because they have been in 2 games.

Ganondorf and Falco, JUST NO! I hated how all 3 star fox characters had the same exact final smash, and I don't want Ganondorf to come back because he is a clone of Captain Falcon except a lot slower. ROB, don't even get me started on him. Wolf is fine though, due to how his moves are significantly different from Fox's. Snake was just way too heavy and slow for his own good. Wario I am indifferent about.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
SP

Crash Bandicoot
  cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:20 pm

Why does everyone hate R.O.B.? He's a cool awesome dude.

Also Mr. Gamefreak, your logic assumes that characters don't change at all between iterations, which is false. Look at characters like Bowser in SSB4 - he's been powered up quite a bit from Brawl, along with characters like Samus. Some characters even have new specials entirely, like Zelda and Sheik. Assuming that characters like Meta Knight and Falco are going to be exactly the same and therefore have no reason to return is a tad flawed in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:37 am

GAMEfreak329 wrote:
Mr. Mistress wrote:

Spoiler:

Let it all out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparlock

Ryu
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:46 am

Wow according to the PotD Robin has aerial Smashes. Like the tomes though he can only use them so many times before his Levin Sword breaks and he can't use aerial Smashes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Today at 3:47 am

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next